How Much Did You Like the Movie Forrest Gump?

Tools    

It is a kind of movie that is different from other contemporary movies. Forrest Gump is starred by most popular actor Tom Hanks and had been a huge hit at that time.

I watched it only recently. Though I like action, thriller or powerful storyline movies, I liked this movie as well. It takes us on a continuous journey of life without ends for after any quest on the part of the actor. There are also some hidden meanings if we try to take them

Employee of the Month
On my personal scoreboard Forrest Gump makes 75 percent out of 100.
Great movie, but I can`t stand Tom Hanks, even while I know that he`s a good actor.

wow 75 for forrest gump, what does a film have to be to get +90 for you??? but i do agree that tom hanks is annoying even tough he's great.

Great movie, a magnificent life.

Me, i'd give it 89.99/100

wow it is a great movie.

I liked this movie so much, that after watching it, I got inspired to the point where, on a whim, I decided to go running all the way across the country.
However, by the time I got to the end of my block, I was so devastatingly winded, & I was weezing so desperately for air, that I was convinced that my left lung must've collapsed in on itself.
So, instead, I just reminded myself that "stupid is as stupid does", & went back into my house & ate an entire "box of chawk-letts".
Which, of course, is what life is kinda like.

I didn't like it very much at all. I think it's overpraised and didn't charm me at all. Performances are OK, but it just seemed like the soul purpose of the film was to get Hanks a second oscar or something. It just doesn't seem like a genuine film.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I recently watch this film, and I understood why people could like it. I, however, wasn't quite as riveted as most people are by it. I thought it was interesting, but it is far from my list of movies that impressed me.

Employee of the Month
wow 75 for forrest gump, what does a film have to be to get +90 for you???

Take a look at my favorite movies. All 90%ers You will notice that Tom Hanks didn`t show up in one of them

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I think it is a great movie and I think Hanks was fantastic in it. Tom Hanks is a great actor and I like him as a person also, he has been in so many awesome films I dont know which I can say is my favorite [I'll have to get back to you with my fav film ]

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Take a look at my favorite movies... Tom Hanks didn`t show up in one of them
Wasn't he a passenger in Titanic? Forrest Gump wasn't a terrible movie, I'm just curious as to why there's so much discussion about, it as of late.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Forrest Gump makes me hungry. All they do is talk about a box of chocolates and shrimp. Oh yeah, and Dr. Pepper to drink. I wouldn't recommend watching Forrest Gump if you're on Weight Watchers.

This movie had me from the opening credits with that drifting feather. A nice combo of humor, pathos, and special effects. But the film is quite different from the original best-selling book. For one, the opening scene in the book has the adult Forrest mowing the lawn for a neighbor who then pays him a pittance for his work. Although he likes to mow lawns and doesn't need the money, still it really angers Forrest for people to take advantage of him because they think he's simple.

The two biggest differences in the movie from the book: In the book, Forrest is a really big guy, a lot bigger than Hanks, which is why he's a major threat when he jumps on the guys picking on Jenny or runs through the opposition lines for Alabama.

2nd biggest change: Bubba's great idea was not for him and Forrest to go shrimpiing but to farm shrimp like they now do for catfish and most other edible marine life. Forrest uses his pingpong endorsements money to build salt ponds on the gulf shore to farm shrimp. And that's why he has so much shrimp available when a hurricane wipes out the Gulf of Mexico shrimpboat fleet.

Oddly the only international celebrity that Forrest meets in the book is not even mentioned in the film. During their tour of China, the pingpong team is invited to the seaside to watch Chairman Mao go for a swim in the ocean. The Chairman swims out then turns to wave at all the government heads and visiting VIPs waiting on the shore. They wave back. Mao waves again, they wave back. Finally Forrest is the only one in the bunch who realizes the Chairman is drowning and swims out to rescue Mao.

Plus the film left out the amorous orangatang who is part of Forrest's astronaut crew and the Ivy League graduate chief of a headhunter tribe in the South Seas who captures the team when they land in the wrong spot after reentry! The book was much much better than the movie, which got a little maudlin at times. But it's a much better than average film compared with other movies of today.

Originally Posted by rufnek
Plus the film left out the amorous orangatang who is part of Forrest's astronaut crew
That's a shame....

EDIT: Astronaut crew?! Did Forrest go to space?

I liked it when it came out. I've seen pieces of it recently and it just looks stupid.
I still like Lt. Dan, though. He rocks.

When I watch Tom play Forest, I just see Ben Stiller.

That's a shame....

EDIT: Astronaut crew?! Did Forrest go to space?
An extended part of the book (one of the funniest, in fact) is about Forrest's adventures as an astronaut. Not in the film, however.

Banned from Hollywood.
I love it...

I didnt think much of it when i first saw it back in 1994...

it has grown into one of my favorite 90s movies...

Hanks performance is incredible..one of the greater and deserved oscar wins