BAD LIEUTENANT: Port of Call New Orleans

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...

IMDb

I think this is going to be the best worst movie of 2009, and it's coming to you courtesy of the legendary Werner Herzog (and a crack-smoking Nicolas Cage).

Any thoughts?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
What? Come on man!!!

"Shoot him again...his soul is still dancing"

Val Kilmer and Nic Cage? I'm there, even though it will be a horrible film.

Suspect's Reviews

Heard about this while ago, it's one of those delightfully intriguing ideas that on paper sounds like a joke yet here we are.

There are starving kids who could have eaten a long time on what this piece of *bleep* probably cost...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I haven't researched this at all, but if it's actually connected to the Abel Ferrara/Harvey Keitel flick, all I can say is, "Somebody tell 'em."

Welcome to the human race...
I haven't researched this at all, but if it's actually connected to the Abel Ferrara/Harvey Keitel flick, all I can say is, "Somebody tell 'em."
According to Wikipedia, Herzog has never seen the original BL film and when Ferrara threw a s**t-fit over the production, Herzog admitted that he'd never even heard of Ferrara. So make of that what you will.

I'm very much looking forward to it, because something this unhinged could only be properly orchestrated by a few people, and Herzog is one. I'm also very interested to see how it's marketed; obviously there are some well-known names on the credits, but this is friggin' Herzog we're talking about, and "lucky crack pipe" isn't a phrase often emphasized in films bound for multiplexes.

According to Wikipedia, Herzog has never seen the original BL film and when Ferrara threw a s**t-fit over the production, Herzog admitted that he'd never even heard of Ferrara. So make of that what you will.
I have nothing to directly contradict the Wiki, but it's important to keep in mind Herzog's penchant for, uh, playing around with the truth.

The trailer alone makes it pretty clear that it's at most a very loose retelling, not a direct remake.

i saw it this afternoon, i gotta say i was looking forward too it and it was worth the wait
Normally i dont really like the nicolas cage movies, but he was different in this movie.
He really got in to his character and ofcourse a new classic quote
Shoot him again, His soul is still dancing!