Movies for me to watch while my foot is healing

Tools    

Mig
Okay, so my foot is broken, it may take 11 more weeks before it will heal, I'm in crutches and have to give my foot rest so that it will hopefully heal proper.

During this time, which movies should I see? Money is not an issue, I'll let you be the judge of wether I'm a rich billionaire or plan on downloading these movies on the Internet, or something else entirely.

But people around here seem passionate and knowledgable about movies, so I'd greatly appreciate if you'd suggest some movies I can watch, so this healing proces won't feel so long and won't be a waste of time.

I'm looking for movies of all genres really, from the artistic, to the lighthearted.

Yesterday I saw a documentary called Myths & Logic Of Shaolin Kung-Fu, and on my list allready is Last House On Dead End Street (the original), Once Were Warriors, and Quien Puede Matar A Un Nino.

Hope they're good and that you can think of more for me to watch, I'll have plenty of time to see them.

Welcome to the human race...
The films on any of the lists in the Lists section of this website is a good starting point for anybody as they represent the best of the best when it comes to film.

If you're looking for something more personal and/or varied, you can always try checking out the personal Top 100 lists that've been written by members of this site.

You want to post like me?
Did you know that 'mig' is Danish for 'me'?

If you're looking for time to kill, hang around here and chat a bit too.

As for the movies:

(A little Chris Walken action for ya)
The Deer Hunter
The Prophecy Triliogy

(A little Kevin Smithy)
Dogma
Clerks 1, 2
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Jersey Girl

(Just hilarious movies in general)
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (Downey and Val Kilmer)
Pineapple Express
Role Models

(Romance)
Moulin Rouge
A Walk To Remember

(Others)
Equillibrium
Dead Poets Society
Good Will Hunting

Hope you stick around and your foot heals perfectly!

Mig
Ja, I knew

I'm gonna have a look at those lists as well, I'd like to have an idea of what the movies are all about, so descriptions are cool, anyway.

We can discuss the movies I see in here as well.

Welcome to the human race...
Well, you can always check out IMDb. The bulk of the films on the Top 250 Films list are pretty good, or at the very least well-liked by a lot of people.

Mig
Thanks, I'm looking for quality and diversity, but also stuff I may not have seen. Anyway gonna see one of those movies I've gotten allready, then have a look at these lists for inspiration, thanks.
Are you Danish mate?
I most certainly am. Fun to see a fellow countryman (I presume).

I remember when I got my wisdom teeth taken out - the first time I actually saw The Godfather and LOTR (Extended) Trilogy : I suggest you do that too

Recovering from a foot injury? Rear Window and Misery, of course.

But seriously, if you're going to be laid up for a long period, look into getting some full television series. Some of my favorites: there are six seasons of "The Sopranos", three of "Deadwood", seven of "Homicide: Life on the Street", seven of "The Rockford Files", etc.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Mig
Saw Quien Puede Matar A Un Nino, awesome ending.

It's a 70's horror movie with an interesting concept, my guess is if you liked Don't Look Now you will like this one, though this one was less subtle.

The title means something along the lines of Who Can Kill A Child, a title which will make sense to those who've seen it.

I believe a friend of mine has the extended LOTR trilogy on DVD, maybe I can borrow it.

Slums of Beverly Hills is one i enjoy watching when i am sick.

also Witches is another i watch when i feel like crap.

Carnival is a good tv show if that's your "fancy"
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

My Left Foot.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I most certainly am. Fun to see a fellow countryman (I presume).
Indeed, I'm Danish to. Hope you stick around mate and this means I can recommend you some Danish stand-up too.
You need to check out Christian Fuhlendorf's 'mit første one-man show', it's hilarious.
The theater/comedy show 'Biblen' with Jonathan Spang, Rune Klan and Linda P is also worth a look.
Everything with Anders Matthesen is always funny, but I'm sure you know this.

I'm going to go with a weirdly specific recommendation: the films of Pedro Almodovar. I just have this feeling that they'd be great to watch whilst laid up; not really sure why other than I tend to find them very emotionally involving and comforting. My favorites are Volver, All About My Mother, Talk To Her, and The Flower of My Secret.

If you've already seen some of these, I'd be curious to know your thoughts; otherwise, pick 'em up!

Mig
I'm guessing I'll probably check those out at the moment, right now I have a number of films to watch.

Since my last post I've seen two movies.
The first one was Six String Samurai, this one really had all the ingredients for me to sympathise with it as a movie and just think it's cool as ****.

The protagonist is a rock n' roll guy on a quest for Lost Vegas, he fends off his opponents using kungfu, the apocalyptic environment of the movie reminds me of Mad Max, the guy is followed by a little kid he protects from such foes as The Spinach Monster.

All of those things resonate with me as being awesome and cool.

Unfortunately, I hadn't slepped too well, and in the end I struggled to stay awake to see the whole thing, so my enjoyment of the movie wasn't what I expected it to be (I chose to watch it in one sitting, as I tend to never go back to a movie if I've once decided to turn it off).

The next movie I saw, which I've just seen today was The Virgin Suicides, I've heard the title a few times, but I had no idea what sort of movie it would be or what it was about. I dug the mood and feel of this movie.

The next movie I'll watch will probably be Trainspotting, which I've somehow managed never to see.

I also have Stand By Me which I saw once as a kid and would like to see again, Once Were Warriors (yep still, I once saw a bit of this as a kid, and then saw the whole thing in school some years back), then Kes, Freaks, and Baby Jane, which are movies I heard about through this website and am curious to check out, though I'm not sure if they'll appeal to me.
And I'll probably see Last House On Dead End Street tonight, it's a horror flick, so it's best at night I figure.
Gonna see Dances With Wolves too at some point, as I've only seen it once many years back, and I got that Slums Of Beverly Hills so I'll check that one out at some point also.

Mig
Indeed, I'm Danish to. Hope you stick around mate and this means I can recommend you some Danish stand-up too.
You need to check out Christian Fuhlendorf's 'mit første one-man show', it's hilarious.
The theater/comedy show 'Biblen' with Jonathan Spang, Rune Klan and Linda P is also worth a look.
Everything with Anders Matthesen is always funny, but I'm sure you know this.
Anden is something else, great comic, great artist.

I like Thomas Hartman's assault of oneliners, but honestly I think I'm worn out a bit on stand up.
Last time a stand up performance has left an impression on me, was watching something with Bill Hicks, can't remember what it was called but it was awesome because it was passionate, deep, and hysterical, all at once.

Also this is gonna sound stupid, but you are not Kasper Kristensen him self, are you?

Yeah, that 'only 2 o'clock at night' gag right?
Do you know if Anden's new show is out yet? Saw he was coming to my town to perform it, but haven't heard anything about it since then.