A movie very similar to The Philadelphia Experiment (1984)

Tools    

Im trying to remember the name of a movie that came out in mid to late 80's. It is very similar to the The Philadelphia Experiment but instead of two guys being thrown into the future 1984. It was a US NAVY carrier from the 80's that was sent back into time around the attack on Pearl Harbor, the only other thing I remember about the movie is that at the very beginning theres this kid that is tuning his blower that is on his 69 camaro on the side of the road and he looks up from hearing the sound of an F-14 flying by him. I was hoping some one would know what the name of this movie is.

Thanks I have been trying to figure that out for awhile now.

Stick around?

Odd, I was talking about this movie with my bro this wekend. We actually couldn't remember the name of it either.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Not a great movie, but does ask the question, "If you could go back and alter an event, having the information they don't have in the past, would you do it?"

I watched it one night with my wife in the room and she cringed at the worm hole scenes.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Not a great movie, but does ask the question, "If you could go back and alter an event, having the information they don't have in the past, would you do it?"

I watched it one night with my wife in the room and she cringed at the worm hole scenes.

I've thought about what would happen if someone did go back and change history like killing Hitler and what not and I think as far as the military is concerned they would not be as advanced as they are today. It would be really hard to imagine what the world would be like if it was changed so Im not sure if I would or not. I mean look what happened when Marty changed history it took two extra movies to some what get it back to normal. lol

A system of cells interlinked
The Hitler thing has been done a couple of times in stuff like The Twilight Zone. In these stories, time always finds a way to correct itself. For instance, in one example a girl travels back in time and becomes nanny to a small infant names Adolf Hitler. Once alone with the child, she runs into the ocean, drowning both her and Adolf... The other nanny, after seeing this, steals a baby from a hospital and replaces baby Hitler with an impostor who eventually leads The Third Reich....I think this was an episode of the New Outer Limits maybe, now off the air.

In The Twilight Zone it's sort of the same thing, where the assassin keeps getting interrupted as he tries to find a vantage point from which to shoot Hitler at a speech...