Bite the Bullet : Bath Tubs, Winners Losers & I'm not an American

→ in
Tools    

Bath Tubs, Winners Losers & I'm not an American

First off this is one exceptional film that I hold in the high regards. It's about a Horse race with a winning pot of $ 2000.00 large. 7 men 1 lady take up the challange. Each actor is givin the time to strengthen their characters and add substances and individualism too. They all seem to have more than one reason for joining in on the event which gives more reasoning to them as well.

Gene Hackman

Hackman's biggest and best role in my opinion every single scene and frame with him is something I hold in the highest reverence, I was in a state of awe his character grabed me so tightly from the start and never let go. As I watch, I said to myself I know this man, a great giant of a man from which I respect and thought that there was a lot of his character in me which is convade so well by Brooks and captured so perfectly by Hackman.

The Look of the Film

Brooks really did his best, he gave the movie innovative transitions, Smooth Dissolves and out of this world Slow-Motion & sound design with carefully edited scenes of blood and sweet, horses n' men and nature n' men. All it's glory of sweeping vista's , Wild wilderness ,beautiful Mountains ,suffocating Deserts , Deep Green forrests and swinging towns inter-woven seemlessly un-cut raw with a hard edge.

Director Richard Brooks

There's a certain harshness, and it doesn't take any time or causion to hide the fact. Everything is done with just the right amount of seriousness in it to keep the humor side from becoming over cooked. Made at a time when westerns where not as popular and really fading out you might say. So keeping this in mind Brooks took chances were many didn't and capitailized in a very meaningful way. The Score is tailor made high quality which suits the films playful side and helps keep the pacing of the movie at a feverish pitch.

Peace

I like Bite the Bullet (1975), though not nearly as much as Richard Brooks' earlier The Professionals (1966). Both are intentionally lightweight when compared to what Peckinpah and Leone were doing with the Western at the time, but they are strong adventures and saddlebags full of fun.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra