police academy 8 pulled from production?

Tools    

About a month ago I saw an entry on IMDB about Police Academy 8 and it showed the actors returning to reprise their roles. Today I looked again and it's gone. What's up with this? Is there going to be a Police Academy 8 or not? Thanks.

There's 7 Police Academy movies? Really? I had no idea. Sheesh...

"Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?"
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

A system of cells interlinked

I enjoyed the first - the rest are like whining in-laws: it is cool to hear them whine and all, but at the same time it is nauseating.

When they make an awesome movie they always have a sequel to it that completely sucks! So why ruin the movie? Just leave the classics alone

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd unanswer and reanswer this question in one go.

Prepare for depression.

'Police Academy' remake underway
It's actually happening - reboot of 80s favourite gets a director
As if six sequels weren't enough, the cult '80s comedy 'Police Academy' is definitely set for a remake: and now it has a director attached.

Both Deadline and Entertainment Weekly have confirmed that the 'Police Academy' remake is underway, and are reporting that studio New Line have appointed Scott Zabielski to direct.

It will be Zabielski's first feature film, though he has plenty of comedy experience after working on several series' of Comedy Central's 'Tosh.O'.

Bizarrely, he also has his own personal experiences of real-life 'Police Academy'; apparently he was a City of West Hollywood reserve police officer.

Rumours of a remake first began to circulate back in 2010, when original producer Paul Maslansky told the trade press he wanted a reboot that would be "anything but another movie with a numeral next to it".

The first seven 'Police Academy' films made a combined £156 million at the box office.

The next step is casting, and a generation of fans will be watching eagerly to see who is hired to recreate the zany hijinks of the original.

But will anyone want to be the next Steve Guttenberg?
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/-police-a...underway-.html