Cop Out (Formerly known as: A Couple of Dicks)

Tools    

Jerry Shaw, you have been activated.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1385867/

A comedy about two cops whose adventures include locating a stolen baseball card, rescuing a woman, and dealing with gangsters and their laundered money.
Seems like it could be pretty funny. Kevin Smiths movies are always pretty decent.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
What a title I was a little scared to enter the thread

This does indeed sound like a very cool film and it has already got Bruce Willis lined up thats cool

Jerry Shaw, you have been activated.
Hehe, the title is a little strange, isn't it.

Also, that's one of the main reasons i will be seeing it, because of Bruce Willis.

You want to post like me?
I was going to create this thread but you beat me to it Jerry.

A little info.

The story of how it started.

Info from this site:

The script is “definitely an R-Rated Film” with “salty language in it, but not a Hard R”

Warner Bros was considering making it as a PG-13 movie (which might explain the brief “A Couple of Cops” title change) but Willis, Morgan, Smith and WB head Jeff Robinov decided it would be better as an R-Rated comedy

“It meant a lot of us had to give up a bunch of our salary to make this movie, that’s how passionate we are about the flick.”

“It just feels like a grown up movie for me”

“You could go after the Gran Torino audience with this movie, and that is a totally different audience than I’ve ever played to.”

“The budget of the movie is NOT huge.”

“For anyone who says ‘He just sold out, he’s just going for the buck — I’m making less to make this movie than I did on Dogma, which is a movie I made 10 years ago and didn’t make a lot of money.”

“That’s the way I think the business should be run. Everyone should take the risk and then if it pans out, we all get rich.”

Smith says Robinov hired him because this is a movie about “two dudes talking to each other” and his visual chops are now “up to snuff”

“There are some action sequences in it. On the grand scale of things, not action sequences on the scale of Zack Snyder composes. Butthere are action sequences which are a little more than I’ve composed.”

This is derived from this interview:

According to this site, the movie is written by Robb and Marc Cullen.

Am I the only one psyched about this?
No, I cant wait for this movie either!

I was thinking about making a thread, but this forum has some real hate for Kevin Smith, so thought it would be pointless.

Your obviously an exception with Dogma in your favourites, someone else backed up Smith in a different thread, he had Clerks in his favourites I'm sure.

Anyway can't wait. However the title should of stayed.

Anyway can't wait. However the title should of stayed.
True, but as a replacement title, I think Cop Out is very good. For the record, I don't have a problem with Smith, it's just I've yet to develop an interest in this film beyond him.

For the record, I don't have a problem with Smith, it's just I've yet to develop an interest in this film beyond him.
Well, I didn't mean you personally, but I understand your point.

I've just read in several threads that some people dislike his films and even though I understand that everyone has their own unique taste, I expected people to express their feelings against his films on this thread.

I apologise for assuming the members on this forum would do something like that, this forum seems to be different from so many others. I haven't spoken to many people here, but the few I have spoken to seem to be very nice.

Anyway back on topic, the name Cop Out isn't that bad at all. In my opinion its a lot better than 'A Couple Of Cops' which was rumoured to be the title change.

Anyway back on topic, the name Cop Out isn't that bad at all. In my opinion its a lot better than 'A Couple Of Cops' which was rumoured to be the title change.
I completely agree with that. A Couple Of Cops is a poor title for just about any film, IMO. Like Cop Out, it really would have to be a play on words to work.

... In my opinion its a lot better than 'A Couple Of Cops' which was rumoured to be the title change.
Actually 'A Couple of Cops' was the movies working title, as was 'A Couple of Dicks'. The only title change the film received was when it was named Cop Out.