Tools    

What is your favorite color?

What is your favorite restaurant?

What is your favorite food?

Do you have any siblings?

If so, how many, and how old are they?

How old are you?

Do you like playing games?

If so, do you prefer board games, or computer games?

What is your favorite song, band, singer . . . ?

What is your favorite music genre?

What is your favorite TV show?

What is your least favorite TV show?

What do you collect, besides movies?

What is your favorite hobby, besides watching movies?

If you had to throw away all your movies but one, which one would you keep?

What is your favorite movie for each genre . . .

Horror?
Sci-fi?
Suspense Thriller?
Comedy?
Action?
Drama?
Musicals?
Westerns?
Martial Arts?
War?

What is your favorite movie genre?

Who is your least favorite actor?

Do you avoid watching certain movies, simply because of an actor that is in them?

Name 5 actors you would love to meet, and why. What would you want to do to, or with them?

Name the movie you hate the most.

Name the oldest movie you've seen.

Name the newest movie you've seen.

What is your favorite theater snack?

Theater, or home theater?

I am half agony, half hope.
Fenwick,

What's been your best film experience?

If you could remake any movie, and star in it yourself, which would you pick?

Have you watched any of the Jane Austen film adaptations? Did you like any?

Johann von Goethe

What is your favorite color?

Probably white, maybe blue, who knows, never really had one

What is your favorite restaurant?

Again, I have no particular favourites. There are some lovely joints in London.

What is your favorite food?

This is a bit of a cop out really as I dont have a favourite food either. Some sort of meat I imagine.

Do you have any siblings?

One older brother. I love him.

If so, how many, and how old are they?

21 (thats his age, I dont have 21 siblings)

How old are you?

19 and a little bit

Do you like playing games?

Yeah sure

If so, do you prefer board games, or computer games?

I'd normally opt for a computer game over a board game. I'm no big gamer though, save the occasional game of Pro Evo/Halo etc with my brother.

What is your favorite song, band, singer . . . ?

I'm quite digging the Stone Roses at the moment but I've no idea who is my favourite band. At this particular moment in time, i'm into Shadow in the Sun by Audioslave, Alone in Kyoto by Air and Superstition by Stevie Wonder (no doubt i'll experience another phase next week though). As for singer, I've always loved Frankie S; he has one of those timeless voices.

What is your favorite music genre?

I jump between things. My taste in music is pretty eclectic. Not sure about D&B however but i'm sure there is something there, I just havent found it yet.

What is your favorite TV show?

I'd have to say The Sopranos. Getting through Lost and 24 at the moment though; they're both very good as well. I've got The Wire and West Wing up next.

What is your least favorite TV show?

I wouldnt say I have a least favourite but I gave up on Heroes and Prison Break. They became very contrived, tepid affairs during their later seasons.

What do you collect, besides movies?

Not much really. Football (soccer for many of you guys) programmes, movie memorabilia etc.

What is your favorite hobby, besides watching movies?

Following my football team, Tottenham Hotspur, accross the country.

If you had to throw away all your movies but one, which one would you keep?

Tough, tough question. I think I know the answer but i'm reluctant to commit myself to such a massive question

This is another difficult one as most of the best movies transcend genre. I'll fill in the ones i'm sure of...

Horror? Dont Look Now
(Roeg, 1973) or Rosemary's Baby (Polanski, 1967)
Sci-fi? No clues...
Suspense Thriller?
No idea...
Comedy? No idea...
Action? No idea...
Drama? Every movie is dramatic in some respect, so I dont know this one either
Musicals? Singin' in the Rain (Donen and Kelly, 1952)
Westerns? Once Upon a Time in the West (Leone, 1968) or The Searchers (Ford, 1955) or The Gunfighter (King, 1950)
Martial Arts? No clues this time either...
War? Apocalypse Now (Coppola, 1979) but there are others which i'm reluctant to class as war films. So i've left them out.

This was really difficult for me. It is only today that i've realised to answer this I will have to spend a great deal of time rewatching and comparing etc.

What is your favorite movie genre?

Dunno. Anything a bit different. Like I said, I like movies that I cant pigeon hole into a specific genre.

Who is your least favorite actor?

I find Will Ferrell an incredibly unfunny man but thats just me.

Do you avoid watching certain movies, simply because of an actor that is in them?

Never

Name 5 actors you would love to meet, and why. What would you want to do to, or with them?

Alec Guiness - Just a legend. I'd like to have a cup of tea with him.

Robert De Niro - He's a very reclusive figure off screen so i'd just sit back and listen to him.

Alain Delon - I'd like to stare into his eyes and try and make him blink

Toshiro Mifune - May need a translator present but i'd love to go somewhere where he could be himself.

Cary Grant - A distant relation of mine is Cary, so i'd ask him about some of the family members I never had the pleasure of meeting.

Name the movie you hate the most.

Thunderpants
was atrocious. God know how young I was when I saw it but I hated it.

Name the oldest movie you've seen.

The Lumiere brothers' collection of films from 1895 such as Train Arriving at a Station etc. If we're talking full length feature films, probably something like Intolerance (Griffith, 1917)

Name the newest movie you've seen.

The Damned United
(Hooper, 2009). Saw it last night. Enjoyable flick based upon British football legend Brian Clough.

What is your favorite theater snack?

I dont tend to snack in the theatre. No distractions.

Theater, or home theater?

Its always going to be the cinema aint it? Peter Bogdanovich said you have never seen a film until you've seen it on the big screen. I dont know if thats correct but I know what he means.

Mrs Darcy,

What's been your best film experience?

I'll always remember watching Antonioni's L'Avventura (1962) on the eve of my birthday. Not many films have blown me away like that one. Its impossible to explain how you can love L'Avventura; that may be why I love it so much.

If you could remake any movie, and star in it yourself, which would you pick?

This is a tough one. I would never remake Indiana Jones but i'd love to be on set when its being shot. All those beautiful locations etc. I'd be up for the stunts as well if I was replacing Harrison. Yeah, I quite fancy that.

Have you watched any of the Jane Austen film adaptations? Did you like any?

I've seen Pride and Prejudice which I quite like. I always find period dramas very relaxing. They just look so pretty. Some think its strange that a football crazed, hormonal, nineteen year old boy has this opinion but who cares...

I've also caught the made for TV Northanger Abbey (2007) which was a let down, much like the novel unfortunately. Its one of Miss Austen's lesser works in my opinion.

At the moment i'm pining for a copy of Sense and Sensibility. When I see it, I'll let you know what I think.

Originally Posted by Fenwick
This is another difficult one as most of the best movies transcend genre. I'll fill in the ones i'm sure of...

Horror? Dont Look Now (Roeg, 1973) or Rosemary's Baby (Polanski, 1967)
Sci-fi? No clues...
Suspense Thriller? No idea...
Comedy? No idea...
Action? No idea...
Drama? Every movie is dramatic in some respect, so I dont know this one either
Musicals? Singin' in the Rain (Donen and Kelly, 1952)
Westerns? Once Upon a Time in the West (Leone, 1968) or The Searchers (Ford, 1955) or The Gunfighter (King, 1950)
Martial Arts? No clues this time either...
War? Apocalypse Now (Coppola, 1979) but there are others which i'm reluctant to class as war films. So i've left them out.
The movies that you did name, are really good choices.

As far as transcending genres, that's true, but to me if they are mainly sci-fi, like the Alien movies, Terminator movies . . . I say sci-fi first.

So OK, can you name some favorites that you have in the sci-fi/action genre?

How about naming a few, like ten, in the suspense thriller/noir genre.

I'm blending them to make it easier.

The movies that you did name, are really good choices.

As far as transcending genres, that's true, but to me if they are mainly sci-fi, like the Alien movies, Terminator movies . . . I say sci-fi first.

So OK, can you name some favorites that you have in the sci-fi/action genre?

How about naming a few, like ten, in the suspense thriller/noir genre.

I'm blending them to make it easier.
Ok then, thanks, i'll give this a go. Bear in mind that these choices probably change daily...

Sci-fi (this is my weakest genre; i'm in the process of correcting that) - in no particular order - Back to the Future, Blade Runner, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Invasion of the Body Snatchers ('56), The Matrix, Videodrome, The Terminator, Aliens

Action - Die Hard, The Fugitive, Speed, Point Break, Midnight Run, The Bourne Trilogy, Heat, Bonnie and Clyde, Deliverance

There are so many i've left out here. Perhaps my favourite movie of all time could be classed as an 'action' film but I dont think so. There are a few there though, although i've missed out films such as Il Conformista, Ran etc, which could fit in this category.

Noir - The Third Man, Nightmare Alley, Out of the Past, Notorious, M, Double Indemnity, The Wrong Man, Brighton Rock, Chinatown

Film noir is much easier to define as you have that distinct German expressionist style. I tried to compile a list for thriller but I wasn't happy with it. I'd need like a page. Perhaps i'll narrow it all down over the summer and create a top 100 list and put it in the review section.

Anyway Destiny, I have to thank you. I now realise how tough all this list compiling malarky is. In my list of favourites, i think i've forgotten a load. I need to start keeping some sort of record of the films I watch. All I have at the moment are the Movie Lists on this site.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers ('56), The Matrix, Videodrome, The Terminator, Aliens . . .
Do you also like Donald Sutherland's Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)? That is my favorite version, honestly. Although I do love them both. I love Kevin McCarthy's bit part in it.

I love both Alien movies, but I seem to watch Aliens more often than Alien.

Perhaps i'll narrow it all down over the summer and create a top 100 list and put it in the review section.
You really should. You have great taste in film.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I see you play videogames Fenwick..

XBOX 360 or PlayStation 3?

Mike and Ike's or Hot Tamales?

Do you like eating raw chocolate chip cookie dough?

Football or Soccer?

Which is better The Shawshank Redemption or The Green Mile?

Seven or Fight Club?

Facebook or Myspace?

Batman or Iron Man?

What are your thoughts on this years summer blockbusters?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Star Wars or Star Trek?
mermermer... panties on.

Spudracer,

I see you play videogames Fenwick..

XBOX 360 or PlayStation 3?

Xbox. That is what my brother tells me anyway.

Mike and Ike's or Hot Tamales?

I'm not familiar with either of these. This must be a thing in the USA we dont have in the UK. After some quick research, I reckon i'd go for Mike and Ike's though.

Do you like eating raw chocolate chip cookie dough?

Sure, why not.

Football or Soccer?

Soccer everytime for me but i'm sure you'd get that answer from every Englishman. I have watched the last two Superbowl's though and I thoroughly enjoyed both.

Which is better The Shawshank Redemption or The Green Mile?

Oh, Shawshank, by a street.

Seven or Fight Club?

I like both but at this very moment, i'd opt for Se7en.

Facebook or Myspace?

Facebook, although i'm not a great fan of either. Useful for keeping in touch but I cant say I use it much.

Batman or Iron Man?

Well I preferred The Dark Knight to Iron Man but I reckon Iron Man would destroy Batman in a fight. But then he's made of Iron so y'know....

What are your thoughts on this years summer blockbusters?

To be honest mate, I dont know much about them. I'll check them out when they reach the cinemas but i'm not one to get too excited about upcoming films.

Spacefish UK,

Star Wars or Star Trek?

Star Wars
but i'm not too fond of that series either to be honest.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Great answers, Fenwick!

As for Mike and Ike's and Hot Tamales, they're both a chewy candy from the Just Born company. Mike and Ike's come in an assortment of flavors, while Hot Tamales are more cinnamon-y "hot" candy.

Great answers, Fenwick!

As for Mike and Ike's and Hot Tamales, they're both a chewy candy from the Just Born company. Mike and Ike's come in an assortment of flavors, while Hot Tamales are more cinnamon-y "hot" candy.
Definately Mike and Ike's then. I'm not the greatest fan of cinnamon; i'll eat it but the sound of cinnamon in some sort of jelly bean type contortion doesnt tickle me the right way.

You want to post like me?
You're stranded on a deserted island with two trees on it. There's a wooden case stuck in one of trees. You can't get to it so you cut down the tree with the axe you carry with you. When opening the crate you discover... A hammock.
How do you react?

What the hell are you doing on a deserted island?

Why do you carry an axe with you?

Have you ever enjoyed fish'n'chips in the town of Torquay? (I have and it was delightful)

In Watchmen (the movie), which of the following characters did you enjoy the most - Rorschach or Dr. Manhattan. Both actor-wise and character-wise.

Have you noticed how completely random these questions are?

In comics - DC, Marvel or something else?

Do you enjoy chicken tika masala? (not sure if I spelled that right)

Favorite British movie?

I'm Kasper by the way

KasperKristensen,

You're stranded on a deserted island with two trees on it. There's a wooden case stuck in one of trees. You can't get to it so you cut down the tree with the axe you carry with you. When opening the crate you discover... A hammock.
How do you react?

With joyful despair. I would erect my hammock and lie there wondering how to get food/water/rescue etc. It would be an effective tool to help calm the mind in a time of strife.

What the hell are you doing on a deserted island?

I wanted to recreate the television show Lost.

Why do you carry an axe with you?

I need something to defend myself with. The axe would come in handy if I encountered any bear/crocodile/dragon related emergencies.

Have you ever enjoyed fish'n'chips in the town of Torquay? (I have and it was delightful)

I've enjoyed Fish and Chips in many a place, even along the South coast but not specifically in Torquay. Brighton is usually the archetypal fish and chip munchin' destination for tourists. I'm thrilled you enjoyed it; its one of our low brow culinary delights.

In Watchmen (the movie), which of the following characters did you enjoy the most - Rorschach or Dr. Manhattan. Both actor-wise and character-wise.

Oh definately Rorshach. For both. I'm straight but like many of my compatriots, often I couldnt overcome the distraction of Dr Manhattan's blue CG cock.

Have you noticed how completely random these questions are?

Its been noted and appreciated my man.

In comics - DC, Marvel or something else?

I've never really read a comic book to be honest mate. I think the whole comic book scene is bigger in the States than over here.

Do you enjoy chicken tika masala? (not sure if I spelled that right)

Yeah, love it. I'll pretty much eat anything though. And you did spell it right, except you missed one 'k' in 'tikka'.

Favorite British movie?

Your other questions were much easier. Here are a few...

The Third Man, Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, Lawrence of Arabia, The Long Good Friday, Blow Up, Peeping Tom, Brassed Off, Secrets and Lies, Local Hero, The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, Dont Look Now, Red Road, Bad Timing, Dead Mans Shoes, Brief Encounter, The Lady Vanishes, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Alfie, Great Expectations...and many more (I've probably left a load out).

I love them all.

You want to post like me?
Another hard one:

I'm about your age and I'm really not that in to old flicks. I understand that nostalgia can be some sort of factor. I grew up with The Lion King so it will always be high on my list. But you're 19 and when seeing Lawrence of Arabia and The Bridge on the Riwer Kwai on your list, it makes me wonder why you like old movies?
Personally I can't really enjoy most old movies, which bugs me, 'cause I feel like I'm missing out.

Another hard one:

I'm about your age and I'm really not that in to old flicks. I understand that nostalgia can be some sort of factor. I grew up with The Lion King so it will always be high on my list. But you're 19 and when seeing Lawrence of Arabia and The Bridge on the Riwer Kwai on your list, it makes me wonder why you like old movies?
Personally I can't really enjoy most old movies, which bugs me, 'cause I feel like I'm missing out.
Kasper,

I dont really know how to answer this mate. I'll watch anything old or new, english or foreign, colour or monochrome; it really does not matter to me. I dont think anyone can really explain why they a certain type of cinema. All I can say is that I like films that excite me, challenge me, mesmerise me, puzzle me.

Let me just say I appreciate your honesty; its refreshing. I'd reccommend you just keep plugging away Kasper. The Bridge on the River Kwai is probably more accessible than Lawrence of Arabia, so i'd suggest you have a look at that before the latter (this reminds me I left out another Lean film from my Best of British list, Brief Encounter). Here are a few reccommendations that may inspire you to search out some 'older' films (these are Hollywood only).

His Girl Friday, Bringing Up Baby, The Lost Weekend, Shadow of a Doubt, Casablanca, Singin' in the Rain, Paper Moon, Rebecca, The Manchurian Candidate...

They're off the top of my head but they're incredibly accessible; i'd be suprised if you dont enjoy them. The most recent film there is Paper Moon (1973), which is an absolute delight. I reckon you should start with some Hitch, Shadow of a Doubt or the more delicate Rebecca (i'm working off your favourite movies here). Then you may want to move on to some screwball comedy (Bringing Up Baby, also add some Sturges, The Palm Beach Story, Sullivans Travels, The Lady Eve etc). After that you can look at Bogdanovich's more modern interpretation of Bringing Up Baby, What's Up Doc? (in colour), which incidentally I prefer. Anyway there is enough here for you to have alot of fun.

On to Boyle's Trainspotting. This is another one I forgot to add to my Best of British list. Its not quite social realism; it testifies to a fairly classical narrative exposition but its a (i'm sure you'll agree) grittily affecting affair. I adore the soundtrack, Underworld's Born Slippy being a particular highlight. Renton's (Macgregor's) narration is fantastically hopeless (in a good sense) and i'll never forget the famous one night stand-cum-Archie Gemmil scoring against Holland in '78 scene. Boyle has of course shot to stardom with the fantastic Slumdog Millionaire but check out Shallow Grave and A Life Less Ordinary for his darker side.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Are you a fan of,

Discworld,
Battlestar Galactica,
American Dad,
Family Guy,
Robot Chicken,
Spaced,
Wrestling,
UFC,
Rugby,
and Coffee.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
No, none of them. Oops, sorry! Wrong thread.

P.S. Of those choices, I prefer rugby. I was a pretty good player in my younger days.