More Movies like The African Queen?

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Hope the title isn't misleading, it just drives me mad when people post in this here movie question section with titles like 'Help' 'Looking for a movie' or 'movie question'.

Anyway, I'm looking for more movies to fit in the genre - or subgenre - that I have nicknamed the 'passion and peril' genre, perhaps best exemplified by The African Queen. Basically, adventure/romance. Preferably with a bickering couple who don't like each other but then fall in love. Good quality or total drivel, I'm just trying to collect examples. Having a brain fail at the moment because the only other example I can think of is the Harrison Ford film Six Days, Seven Nights and I know there are more. I know I've *seen* more!

Help is appreciated

The Princess Bride (1987), American Dreamer (1985), both The Mask of Zorro (1998) and The Legend of Zorro (2005) with Banderas and Zeta-Jones, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000) and if you want a few turkeys check out Cutthroat Island (1995), Jake Speed (1986) and Australia (2008).

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Whatever you do, don't listen to Pike. Australia isn't a turkey. I loved it. It definitely fits in this category of films though.

I can give you a list of several to look over and I'm sure you've seen some of them. They don't all fit in the adventure/peril category but they do have some good back and forth between a man and a woman.

Crocodile Dundee
Murphy's Romance
Streets of Fire
When Harry Met Sally
Out Of Sight
The Beautician and the Beast
Bull Durham

The Cutting Edge -------------- "Toe pick!"
Ever After
Grumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Men
As Good as it Gets -------- "Why can't I have a normal, boyfriend?"
Demolition Man ----------- "Thank you for rendering me unconscious."
The 5th Element -----------"Mul-ti-pass!"
Hitch
The Golden Child ------------ "There's a ground!"
Last of the Mohicans
Moonstruck -----------"Oh ma, I love him awful."
Operation Petticoat
To Have an Have Not--------"You know how to whistle don't you Steve?"
Stardust
The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer

These probably aren't exactly what you're looking for but I hope you enjoy a few of them. Anyway, more to follow if you like.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Thanks all of you, a lot that I've seen and should have remembered but quite a few that I haven't as well. I've seen Australia quite recently as well. I quite liked it although I know it was corny as anything. Stardust, of course! I have that on dvd. Must find Romancing the Stone which I've never seen. Thought of a couple more of my own - Raiders of the Lost Ark kind of fits and The Mummy of course. The adventure/peril element is pretty crucial to what I'm looking for, though.