The Happening

→ in
Tools    

' Old Account - Clarice '
I just saw this movie with my mother, expecting it to be scary.

It was the most stupidest movie i've ever seen. I'm sorry if i'm offending anyone by this. It's just, I laughed so hard during a couple of the death scenes. Example, when the guys looked like they were flying off the building?? We were like ?? Literally. Before you rent this movie, I reccomend you do not.

Did anyone else see this and think it was a little odd?

If you use the search function Clarice, you'll find a thread on this movie with about 100 posts or so, and I'm sure most of them agree with you. That movie wasn't M. Night's best. You'll see here that almost every film released is discussed somewhere in the forum. Welcome to The Movie Forums.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I still havent seen this movie

I must see it as ive heared mixed reviews about it.

I really like the first three M. Night films, but his last three just don't do it for me, and The Happening I thought was terrible, (the other two weren't bad, just not great). It looked like it was created solely for the purpose of having some really trippy scenes that will look good on a trailer and get people into the theater seats. I personally would like to see him direct a film other than dealing with the supernatural, try his hand at another genre. How about something to do with a doctor, as I heard he always puts himself into his movies as a doctor since his parents had wanted him to be one. It could be about an army medic in Iraq or Afghanistan, showing his parents just how deadly the life of a doctor can be. He did direct another movie before The Sixth Sense, which I cannot remember the title of, I think it starred Rosie O'Donnell so I'm sure he wishes we could all just forget about it.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
If you use the search function Clarice, you'll find a thread on this movie with about 100 posts or so, and I'm sure most of them agree with you.
Thank you Harry.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

"Most stupidest" eh?

I think you're overstating things a bit. I'm a bit M. Night fan, and I have no problem admitting that it was a very poor film...but it had some very well-crafted moments, and felt more rushed than anything. Anyway, for those who are interested, I wrote a review last June and gave it

I really like the first three M. Night films, but his last three just don't do it for me
That's just about how I feel. I didn't hate The Village, but his first three films (not counting the one mentioned below) are just scads better than anything he's done since. They're all downright brilliant, and both Unbreakable and Signs are among my favorite films of all time (though after watching them both over and over, I think Unbreakable is my favorite.

He did direct another movie before The Sixth Sense, which I cannot remember the title of, I think it starred Rosie O'Donnell so I'm sure he wishes we could all just forget about it.
Aye; it was Wide Awake. It actually wasn't too bad, and you can see hints of all the things he's now known for in it. O'Donnell isn't too bad in it either, remarkably.

Well since you guys are running with this thread I'll join in as opposed to zombie'fying the old thread. Yes zombie'fying is a word in my vocab.

I think that once again M. Night had a great concept and turned it into a bad movie. Does he really have to have a huge twist at the end of every movie which essentially ruins the rest of the movie?

Now I will say that I watch a LOT of low budget horror movies which makes just about any movie with more than a 1k budget look good but I think we still expect more of M. Night after the great start that he had. Then again our expectations just might be too high.

Movie Forums Extra
That movie was overrated thought it would be better. Not worth renting it or buying it.

I like the theme and the overall vibe of the thing.

That which we think we master may one day surprise us. It happens all the time in small events all over the world. There is a lot of thought out there about the earth being a living thing, just as we are living things. If that's so, it's possible that we could (and sometimes should) be seen as a virus of sorts and that our expulsion may become necessary for the larger survival.

Perhaps not as well executed as possible, but still worthy of consideration.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Such a good movie. With dialogue this good how can't it be the best movie of all time?

&feature=PlayList&p=9D00244EF92F3D2E&index=0&playnext=1

Suspect's Reviews

I liked the Happening.

I thought it was ok as far as my enjoyment of it went, but it was bloody terrible in terms of quality acting (of which there was none) dialogue and directing.

A system of cells interlinked
I thought is had an effective opening, and some clever moments, such as the jeep crash, but overall, it was pretty damn bad. I rolled my eyes when they decided they needed to run from the wind (try this sometime to see how ridiculous this concept is).

The Happening

I like the theme and the overall vibe of the thing.

That which we think we master may one day surprise us. It happens all the time in small events all over the world. There is a lot of thought out there about the earth being a living thing, just as we are living things. If that's so, it's possible that we could (and sometimes should) be seen as a virus of sorts and that our expulsion may become necessary for the larger survival.

Perhaps not as well executed as possible, but still worthy of consideration.

I agree with you Toose, I liked the theme. Its an interesting concept, similar to The Day of the Triffids.

Movie Forums Extra
Oh yes. Totally agree, the theme makes you think of if it could really happen or not. I really enjoyed watching it myself. You never know if there could be an airborne disease like that haha.