32.00%
8 votes
1280x1024
32.00%
8 votes
Higher than 1280x1024
25 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Hey MoFos.

Quick question: what's your screen resolution? I ask not merely out of curiousity, but because if the numbers are especially different from the usual percentages, I might want to tweak a few of the changes I'm working on.

If you don't know your resolution, just click on this pretty link. C'mon, it only takes a second, and you'll be making a nerd happy (me, I mean).

You ready? You look ready.
Oh, isn't Yoda Mr. Fancy with his widescreen display!!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm usually on 1440 X 900 with my laptop, but I'm on my PC for a short while so I chose that one.

Suspect's Reviews

See, the thing is, I have the exact same monitor I've had for years, and it looks pretty square to me. It's the same one I used with my last computer, which was 1024x768. In fact, I was sure that was still my resolution, but that site informed me otherwise. I guess the computer I bought recently just came with this one.

Certainly isn't what I'd call widescreen, though. Dunno what's going on.

Last New Year's Eve my screen's resolution was to lose twenty pounds, stop smoking and call its mother more often. So far the fat nicotine-stained bastard hasn't touched that phone. And it's December already.

But apparently it has swelled to 1024x768.

Whatever in the fart that means.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
That means you're old school and probably don't have a fancy-schmancy widescreen monitor.

1280x800. On my laptop.

Did I win the car?

The People's Republic of Clogher
1440x900 or, as this is a movie site, 16:10.

I have no clue, but I'm sure it is the lowest possible.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Wow. It's come to this.

My screen resolution is to start going to a gym and exercising more.

Thanks for all the votes, guys. If anyone else cares to do this, please do; it only takes a moment!

Results so far are roughly in line with what I was hoping for. I'm pleased to see that everyone listed thus far has a resolution of 1024x768 or higher. It means the overwhelming majority of users are seeing the site largely as it is meant to be seen. Good to know.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Erm.... my poll response is what it was before this thread made me want to see what the other resolutions look like. Now I have a clearer picture at the 1100-level resolution.

I'm glad you asked!

I changed computers after this, and it is now a 1152 by 864. With me though, that could easily change again.
I remember way back when, when I used the 800 by 600 setting. Now that was huge.