Collateral Damage

→ in
Tools    

i loved it i absolutley loved it.

no one can never get enough arnold, and this is about as arnold as it gets. it has some other good co-stars John tuttoro and John legizamo, but they both have about 15 min screentime PUT TOGETHER.

What makes this movie great??? EXPLOSIONS!!!! theres about 15 million of em! i love it. AND the horrible special effects! it was some of the worst water i have ever seen.

So please, im begging u please go see this movie friday (unless your as excited for crossroads as i am) and get in as packed of a showing as possible, and laugh cry and cheer for Ah-nuld in Collateral Damage
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I find it offensive that Warner Bros. is releasing this when at first they said they were not going too. And then to run a superbowl ad about the film....what is this world coming too? Weak.

Steve

I don't think they said they weren't going to release it. I believe they said that they weren't going to release it until later, because of the terrorist attacks. It was a delay, not a cancelation.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
postponed indefinitely were the exact words...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Therefore they weren't going to release it.
WB needs some ammunition besides the Harry Potter franchise.

No, that doesn't mean it's not going to be released. It means they don't know when, and they may or may not. But it wasn't a decision. They didn't go back on some promise or something. I don't think there was any misconduct involved.

BTW: some other recent (and upcoming) WB movies:
  • A.I.: Artificial Intelligence
  • Ocean's Eleven (around $175 million so far in the U.S. alone)
  • Training Day
  • Cats & Dogs (did well commercially; sequel in the works)
  • The Matrix - parts 2 and 3.
So, really, they're not doing THAT bad. Especially when you consider two things: 1) that there is a SMALL change that The Matrix movies might end up being six instead of three (not likely, but it's a possibility), and 2) that the Potter movies could have 6 more yet to come.

Yeah, but they said indefinitley on the release of Collateral. There was no, we're going to pull it for now and consider releasing it later.

True, but "indefinitely" is just another way of saying "unsure" or "undetermined." So, yeah, it wasn't completely clear...it wasn't spelled out that they were still releasing it, but it was pretty much in the bag. Every story I read said it was just "on hold." It's on hold UNTIL they officially shut it down, so it was never really shut down at all...IE: they didn't break promises here any more than the folks putting Blade 2: Bloodlust together have broken promises for moving their movie's release date up a couple of times.

Don't worry T, I'm not the kind of person to say I TOLD YOU SO, I won't be saying I TOLD YOU SO, you don't have to worry about little old me saying I TOLD YOU SO. No, I TOLD YOU SO from. No-sir-ee-bob!

Yeah, I guess so. Well you know Ah-nuld wouldn't let them shut the damn thing down. He would want that sucker out there no matter what.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Don't worry T, I'm not the kind of person to say I TOLD YOU SO, I won't be saying I TOLD YOU SO, you don't have to worry about little old me saying I TOLD YOU SO. No, I TOLD YOU SO from. No-sir-ee-bob!
Told me what? I stand by everything I've said in this thread.

Yeah, absolutely Kent. The film probably cost in upwards of $60-70 million. No freakin' way they were gonna let it rot on a shelf.

Nothing.
I thought'd be funny to do.
But you backed yourself up on Spud's argument before I could make the post, so mine reads somewhat ridiculously and out of place.

Has anyone else seen this!?

I know of two MoFo's that have, but I want to hear some more reviews on it. Maybe even get one worthy to grace the main site...

Actually the movie is worth seeing solely b/c it is the end of an era. I really don't think we'll be seeing action movies like this for awhile, and that's pretty damn sad. Arnold can still put on a great show, outrun fireballs, and do everything else that we would come to expect from an Arnie pick. There's nothing new in the film... the plot, characters, and even the twist is formulaic (word? LOL), but that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable. Perhaps the only thing that was missing from the film was a classic Arnie line (perhaps "You're fired" at the end, LOL).

6/7, but definitely worth a view.

Best Ahnuld flick since True Lies!