Daffy's Reviews! (:

→ in
Tools    

Registered Creature
Going by the last films I watched. I will try to make them as (less) painful as possible.
Hope you enjoy them!

ELF (2003). (:

Director: Jon Favreau.
Starring: Will Ferrell, Zooey Deschanel, James Caan.

Now, the first time I saw this, I was around seven or eight years old at the cinemas. I thought it was awesome and that Will Ferrell was the bomb. (Will Ferrell is still pretty cool to me now, though). I completely forget about the film as years pass. However, after my family and I see this years' Iron Man (which we all loved), my Dad suddenly became somewhat of a "Jon Favreau fan", so bought Elf and bribed us into watching it "because the guy who directed Iron Man made this, too". So we all huddled up onto the couch and watched it (obviously, lol).

Elf is about Buddy, a human who has been raised by elves in the North Pole all his life (after crawling into Santa's bag of prezzies when he was a little baby orphan). After he grows up and starts to realise he doesn't fit in at all with the lifestyle the elves lead, he confronts Papa Elf (who decided to adopt him when Buddy had rocked up), and Buddy is told about how he isn't really one of them, and his REAL father who lives far, far away in a "magical land", New York City. Determined to find his father, Buddy pays a visit to his Daddy and that's where all the havoc begins.

All in all, Elf is a sweet little Christmas film bound to make you laugh out loud and give you warm, fuzzy feelings inside. Will Ferrell's performance is spot-on, though I felt Zooey Deschanel's was kinda dry. Perfect for watching with your family and friends on Christmas day, or any time of the year for that matter. 5 out of 10.

...More coming soon!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
My son enjoyed the film and so did my wife, im not a fan of Will Farrel to be honust he annoys the hell outa me. But I watched this and found it ok, it did start to get me in the Christmas spirt lol cool review keep them coming!