AVP requiem (does it suck)

→ in
Tools    

if i hunt the hunters, who hunts me
I loved AVP, but when I saw AVPR, I was at first, appauled (is that spelled right?) and to also see some pretty disturbing deaths of a pregnant woman, and a 9 year old kid, it pretty nerve wracking. SIGH...
besides that there was plenty of reasons to make me buy the movie and watch it again. Gore is expected, but some of the manner in which it is portrayed is a little over the edge.

7 outta 10.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
This is like comparing STDs, it is just which one sucks worse.. So on my STD scale with 1- being a cold sore (for of Herpes) and 10- being your hooha falling off.

AVP is AIDS

AVP:R is Herpes.

I mean it's better, but still, you've go herpes.

I am the Nightrider!
Look, I'm a huge fan of both franchises and I enjoyed all the films. Let me go on record and say that nothing will ever top the masterpieces that are Alien, Aliens and Predator.

That said...I enjoyed both AVP films. Call me bias, but I found AVP: Requiem to be a very entertaining piece in the canon. Again, don't look for Ridley Scott or James Cameron here, but definitely not as bad as people are making it out to be.

-UJ

Registered Creature
I hated it. The first AVP was... alright. AVPR, however... was a failure. Or atleast I felt.

Lennon, I hope that you're having a laugh..

Alien Vs Predator was a pretty rubbish film, granted...but it looks like a masterpiece in comparison to the diabolical AVPR. That film was just the pits..

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I liked the first and this is an alright film nothing fantastic but it is worth a watch for sure.

Alien vs. Predator: Requiem is my least favorite film of all time.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Lennon, I hope that you're having a laugh..

Alien Vs Predator was a pretty rubbish film, granted...but it looks like a masterpiece in comparison to the diabolical AVPR. That film was just the pits..
Eh, what can I say, Gore and violence knocks it up a few points.

I wouldnt go that far there are loads of worse films than that!
I said it's my least favorite film of all time.

kick back and watch humanity go by
Had good fun watching it. Anybody wreckless enough to try and get the alien, shoot a powerplant in the proces and just move on and pretend humanity doesn't exist is fine with me.

If only they had the budget of the first AVP with the enthusism of this film. They really don't shy away from anything and nothing is too much. I really wasn't distrubed even though I should have been and the reason why I couldn't have cared less for the characters. At the end of it all I enjoyed a few predator moments and I really thought it basically killed the series AVP was the gun this was the bullet.