Karate movie of the 1980'2

Tools    

I have been trying to think of the name of this movie forever now and I cannot find it on the internet anywhere. It is a movie about a boy who's father was a karate instructor who had a run in with some criminals. Since this incident he did not want his son to learn karate anymore. The family moved out of their old town after this. He still wanted to practice karate and imagined that Bruce Lee was training him so he could fight the bullies at school. I would be forever indebted to anyone who can come up with this title. Thank you in advance.

This is the only one I can think of that might fit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Retreat,_No_Surrender

reservoir dogs circa 1881
yeah its definately that great film,great cheesy 80s theme song unfortunately stars wham bam van damme in the villain role meh,cant win em all

I was going to say, "Been there, said that!" (wondering where my post went), but these went up at the same time. I suppose the board froze, or something, making it post twice.

Yeah, I would have to say No Retreat, No Surrender as well. There's really nothing I can think of, or have seen that I can remember besides that one.