Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

→ in
Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!

I only laughed at the fact that it was sooooo stupid. I can't believe I watched this. I was laughing at some of the people in the theater about as much as I was laughing at the movie. There were some funny parts, but what do you expect from a guy who writes, directs, and stars in his movie.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Well, i haven't seen it cause it hasnt come out for me yet but, I have seen Thumb Wars and other SO's work and the humor is pretty funny ....very funny actually. I'll check it out to see though. Thanks Spud for your opinion.

If this movie hadn't gone the way it did with the dubbing and all that, I would have found it funny, but a lot of it was really stupid.

Did a "review" of it.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
K, Friday night I went to the movies and saw I am Sam with my friend Cassie, while at the same times my friends saw Kung Pow. I repeatedly told them not to see that movie because it was going to be absolutely terrible, but they went anyway. Later that night they told me it was the funniest movie they had ever seen, I didn't believe them in the list. However, last night I saw it with them(they saw it AGAIN) and sadly have to admit that I laughed my *** off. It was so blatently stupid that it was hyseterical. It was Mystery Science Theater meets Space Ghost. I honestly haven't laughed that hard in a very long time.

Funny though, everyone else laughed at the parts that were obviously ment to make a wide audience laugh (a baby urinating in someones face) but my friends nor myself laughed at any of those parts. However, we were the ONLY ones in the theater laughing as hard as we could at parts that everyone else thought was idiotic. You could hear their comments: "Why are they laughing", "I don't get it", "What is wrong with them" and my favorite "I bet those kids are high". No I wasn't high and still had a laugh riot. My mouth hurt after the movie. I was literally sore for laughing.

I can't recommend it to everyone, because not everyone like it. But if you like either MST3k or Space Ghost, then go see it with your most laidback of friends, you will have a good time.

Ok, I'll admit I was laughing a lot through this, but it was just sooo stupid. I found the net scene to be probably one of my favorite, but other than that....waste of time.

Definitely not a film for everyone's taste, but it had my friend and I literally on the floor.

We actually went out to eat before the movie and were planning on seeing Brotherhood of the Wolf... after a few pitchers of beer we decided that a serious movie probably wasn't the best thing for us to see. We ended up at Kung Pow and actually laughed so hard that people left the theater... Never heard of that happening before Who the hell goes to a comedy and then gets mad when people laugh, let along mad enough to leave... guess it just illustrates the point that the movie isn't for everyone

Yeah, it's definitley NOT for everyone. I had low expectations for the movie, and low and behold...it lived up to them...

At least your experience wasn't as bad as mine....kids were literally rolling down the aisle...i mean ROLLING...like it was some kind of fun room you could go into...

I haven't seen it. But the previews have always made me laugh, just because it was so ridiculous.

You're just jealous b/c my laughter has the power to clear a theater Spuds

I just saw most of this...and I couldn't stop laughing! Three scenes into it I was literally crying with laughter (seriously...I had to wipe my eyes afterwards to see the screen properly). My sides ached and I was slouching out of my seat, slowly. It just wouldn't let up! I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard.

I'm gonna go back and finish it soon. This flick isn't for everyone, but I just had to comment on how frickin' hysterical I've found it to be so far. Bravo.

I thought this movie was AWFUL.
Definately a "trailer" movie.
you know.. all the good parts in the trailer....

In it's defense though I will lso say I think it is one of those you just HAVE to be in the mood for "retarded" or you will hate it.

It is definelty not for everyone. I was laughing and crying at the same time. THis is the kind of movie that you either love or hate. My family and friends loved it.

Chris, I can't agree more with you. The "Chosimba" thing was pure genius. Ditto to everything, especially the "CNN" thing... I was in bed at the time, and my parents were sleeping in the next room. I sware I thought that I was going wale them up just my laughing SO FRIKKIN HARD!

Spud, I'm glad you laughed, for the right reason or no.
Not that you'll answer... Chris told me a few days ago. I had no idea.

I am one of the people that thought this movie was histerically funny. My husband, brother and I got the dvd and watch it everyday. It's pure genius. Also, a lot of work went into the making of this film, believe it or not. Kung pow is the first movie in a long time that actually made me cry from laughter. The comentary is pretty funny too (like when he sings the subsequent viewing song.)
I LOVE TONGUEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait either! He needs to make a new Ace Ventura.
Pease don't think I'm stupid for asking this, but does anyone get the "What do you get when you cross an owl with a bungee cord" joke?

The Future Ed Wood
i thought some of the scenes were rather good. not the best film in the world but i think it is aimed at the young teens who like that sort of humour. the scary thing is that a sequel is on the way!!!

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Kung Pow =
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."