Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: tramp

Tools    

I think it might be fun to answer nosy questions.
What is your full name?

What is your drivers license number?

What is your mailing address?

What is your credit card number?

Debit card number?

Social Security number?

No?!?

If you had to throw away all your movies but one, which one would you keep?

Do you avoid watching certain movies, simply because of an actor that is in them?

Name 5 actors you would love to meet, and why. What would you want to do to, or with them?

Name the movie you hate the most.

What is your favorite hobby, besides watching movies?

Name the oldest movie you've seen.

Name the newest movie you've seen.

What is your favorite theater snack?

Do you prefer board games, or computer games?

Theater, or home theater?

Dogs, or cats?

Do you have any pets, and if so, what kinds?

What is your favorite song?

What is your favorite music genre?

What is your favorite movie genre?

Who is your favorite action star?

What is your favorite decade of movies?

What is your favorite sport?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
HA! I'll ask you some more after I see the percent you answer so far. Good luck and God bless!

I am half agony, half hope.
In high school, what group did you identify with? Why?

What was your first job? Your favorite job? Have you ever been fired?

Which continent would you like to explore most?

Johann von Goethe

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Here goes, even if my grilling is not very "important."

What is your full name?

Ch******* ****** *****

What is your drivers license number?

Do people really know that by heart? Besides, the numbers are too small to read.

What is your mailing address?

I can't remember.

What is your credit card number?

I'm a teacher. I'm obviously too poor to own one.

Debit card number?

What does it matter? I only have any money a few days a month.

Social Security number?

What's a social security number?

No?!?

Oops.

If you had to throw away all your movies but one, which one would you keep?

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Do you avoid watching certain movies, simply because of an actor that is in them?

No, I avoid watching certain movies simply because they look incredibly stupid or depressing as hell.

Name 5 actors you would love to meet, and why. What would you want to do to, or with them?

1. Sean Bean. Because. I think it best to refrain from saying what I would want to do. This is a public forum.

2. Johnny Depp. See Number 1.

3. Gabriel Byrne. Because. Although, with Gabe, I think sitting in an Irish pub listening to him just talk to me with that Irish lilt would send shivers down my spine.

4. Paul Newman. What stories he could tell! I want to gaze into those blue eyes before he's gone.

5. Frances McDormand. I want to just hang out with her. Just being near her would probably make me cool.

Name the movie you hate the most.

Hannibal or The Talented Mr. Ripley. Both times, I walked out of the living room while my husband (now ex) yelled, "But I paid $3.99 for this movie!"

What is your favorite hobby, besides watching movies?

Talking about movies.

(I also love to read books and surf the internet.)

Name the oldest movie you've seen.

I saw that first moving picture of the "kiss." I think that is the first moving image? I've also seen The Great Train Robbery.

Name the newest movie you've seen.

The Dark Knight.

What is your favorite theater snack?

Popcorn with extra butter. God help me.

Do you prefer board games, or computer games?

Board games. I'm old, give me a break, eh? Although if we want to talk about video games, I was once addicted to Super Mario 64. I stayed up all night gathering stars and trying to beat the penguin. Beating the penguin was very important since my 4 year old son had done it in one try. It took me 20.

Theater, or home theater?

Theater. I pray they never close down.

Dogs, or cats?

DOGS. I once had a cat who was psychotic. Never again.

Do you have any pets, and if so, what kinds?

Macey, my minature dachshund who hates my friend, Tortuga (she is a member here.) To be fair, though, she pretty much only likes me. Smart dog.

What is your favorite song?

Oh god. I wish I knew. Stairway to Heaven?

What is your favorite music genre?

I grew up in the late 60s/70s. I am a child of the greatest rock n' roll generation of all time. We know music.

Epic adventures. The bigger the better.

Who is your favorite action star?

Russell Crowe? (Gladiator)
I don't think I have a favorite action star....

What is your favorite decade of movies?

Another hard one. With each decade, I gather new favorites. I really can't answer. I do like the 50s...

This sounds familiar.

What is your favorite sport?

Baseball. I gather that has to do with growing up in Baltimore. Home of the once great Orioles. I also believe that of all the sports, magic can really happen out there in the grass....

Mrs. Darcy's questions...

In high school, what group did you identify with? Why?

I hung with the druggies because I thought they were cool. I hung with the jocks and the cheerleaders because I thought they were cool. I hung with the smart kids because I didn't think they were cool and I felt sorry for them. Of course, they didn't care. I really didn't have a group. I felt lost in high school.

What was your first job? Your favorite job? Have you ever been fired?

First job, pumped gas, got fired. I was scarred for quite some time.

My favorite job is probably right now, teaching. I just wish I made more money.

Which continent would you like to explore most?

Europe. I want to see where William Shakespeare and Charles Dickens lived. I want to see where the Beatles got their start. And I want to walk the streets of Paris and eat cheese.

This is fun.

Do you like curry?

Have you seen Lady Chatterley's Lover with Sean Bean?

If Mr. Bean's (the geeky one) first name was Sean, do you think you could conceivably meet him on a blind date believing him to be the other Sean Bean?

Do you think the bad experience with your cat has resulted in a general prejudice against the feline race? is that right?

How do you feel about synthesizers, tinny racket, or possible solution to world conflict?

What's your favourite smell?

Garlic breath, poor aural hygiene, or just someone who likes good
food?

How many times can you say 'pickup truck' in four seconds?

If you asked Sean Bean for his autograph and he refused on the grounds of writers cramp, would you still like him?

Do you get annoyed when people state black as their favourite colour? because it's not a colour it's a tone I tell you!

Do you like CGI in movies?

Kurt Russell, underrated actor? or washed up ham?

Do you think stale bread really tastes any better toasted?

Smoking or non smoking?

Used Future questions...

Do you like curry?

Yuk.

Have you seen Lady Chatterley's Lover with Sean Bean?

Of course. He's like sorta naked and stuff. And he doesn't die in this movie... which is always a treat when you're a Sean Bean fan.

If Mr. Bean's (the geeky one) first name was Sean, do you think you could conceivably meet him on a blind date believing him to be the other Sean Bean?

Why not? The name would be Sean Bean. Although, after ordering drinks, I might make an excuse about going to the bathroom and sneak out the door.

Do you think the bad experience with your cat has resulted in a general prejudice against the feline race? is that right?

Most certainly. One does not forget a psychotic cat. Besides, my son is allergic. *thanks god*

And no it is not right. It is very unfair to cats.

How do you feel about synthesizers? tinny racket? or possible solution to world conflict?

Synthesizers? ah.. not sure?
Tinny racket? I don't know what that is,
Possible solution to world conflict? Getting Bush finally out of there might help.

What's your favourite smell?

The smell of a summer night.

Garlic breath, poor aural hygiene, or just someone who likes good
food?

I want to say someone who likes good food, but I really hate garlic breath and am known to wander away....

How many times can you say 'pickup truck' in four seconds?

I just said it like four times. How do you time it?

If you asked Sean Bean for his autograph and he refused on the grounds of writers cramp, would you still like him?

Sean Bean would take one look into my hazel eyes and find that his writer's cramp had magically disappeared and he would not only write his name, he would ask me my name, and then, smiling, he would say something like, "here you go, lass" as he handed me his autograph.

Do you get annoyed when people state black as their favourite colour? because it's not a colour it's a tone I tell you!

I do! I learned it was actually all the colors and white was the lack of color.

Do you like CGI in movies?

The Lord of the Rings and Gladiator are in my top ten. You tell me!

Kurt Russell, underrated actor? or washed up ham?

Underrated actor. Amd I don't like to call anyone "washed up." I think it's mean.

Do you think stale bread really tastes any better toasted?

Yes.

Smoking or non smoking?

Sean Bean smokes. I don't mind.

I am half agony, half hope.
What were the qualities that attracted you to your ex? Are those qualities still important to you?

Tell me about your dream date with Sean Bean. The PG parts anyway... Does it involve cheese and Paris?

If I started a petition to get Tom Cruise as the Forum mascot, would you sign it, or show solidarity with Destiny and not sign it?

What were the qualities that attracted you to your ex? Are those qualities still important to you?

My ex was a good listener, still is, and has a certain level of ethics I admired. He was a used car salesman, lol, but not exactly a used car salesman, if you know what I mean? He left that job because of the ethics involved.

He loves his two boys. Maybe a bit too much at times as he indulges them in ways I don't agree with. He tries to be a very caring father.

I still admire the qualities of listening to others and being ethical. I have to add, though, that his concern about money sometimes leaves the ethics behind... something I saw in him that I didn't like.

Tell me about your dream date with Sean Bean. The PG parts anyway... Does it involve cheese and Paris?

Well, I hadn't thought about the cheese and Paris thing, but, hey, that works, too. I gather my dream date with Sean Bean would include a tour of London, listening to him speak in that sexy Sheffield accent, having him take my hand as we crossed the street, and then finding some park somewhere where he would sit me down and then recite to me an assortment of Shakespeare speeches including the Hamlet soliquoy (sp?), the St. Crispin's Day speech from Henry V, and the following from MacBeth (which he did play in London):

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Then, we would wander off to a pub, have a few beers, and then off to his flat. I will stop here.

If I started a petition to get Tom Cruise as the Forum mascot, would you sign it, or show solidarity with Destiny and not sign it?

Well, if you wanted him as a mascot to make fun of him, okay...lol... but often mascots are embraced so no, I'm with Destiny. I will not sign.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
what is your favorite thing do to besides watch movies?

what tv family would you like to live with and why? the munsters or the addams!!

I met Sean Bean once and he's a really nasty person...

only kidding Tramp! Although I dunno if the Sheffield accent is sexy

ok Tramp - what do you worry about ?

favourite meal?

If you won $162 million what would you do with it? (that was the amount we didn't win on the euromillions lottery rollover last night ) We had it all planned...but alas!

What is the best thing you've given your kids?

If you had a day with no responsibilities (yeah right she says!) and no one else to worry about , what would you do? has to be something for real, not some flight of fantasy with Sean Bean

what is your favorite thing do to besides watch movies?

what tv family would you like to live with and why? the munsters or the addams!!
My favorite thing to do besides watching movies is to daydream and make up my own stories. One day maybe I'll get a few on paper.

And I would live with the Addams Family. I want Raul Julia (sorry, he's the movie version) to feed me and give me red roses and such. Besides, there was such love in that house!

I met Sean Bean once and he's a really nasty person...

only kidding Tramp! Although I dunno if the Sheffield accent is sexy
Hi, christine! How are you? Am I to interpret from your statement that it is Sean's voice that makes the Sheffield accent so sexy? It's the way he says, "lass," and "bloody," and all manner of other words that just cracks me up. I love it.

As to your questions,

ok Tramp - what do you worry about ?

I worry about being alone in my old age. The only family I have are my two sons. I really need to more proactive about dating. I'm not unattractive, and men are interested in me, but I find myself avoiding the dating scene. I really don't know why.

favourite meal?

Steamed lobster with drawn butter, steamed asparagus, steamed rice, salad with honey mustard dressing (or caesar salad) and buttercream and raspberry mouse cake.

If you won $162 million what would you do with it? (that was the amount we didn't win on the euromillions lottery rollover last night ) We had it all planned...but alas!

I've fantasized about this, too! I'd buy a beautiful beach house by the ocean and move there. I'd search for a charity near me that really needed some money, probably having to do with helping ill children. I'd buy the most amazing convertible automobile I could find. I'd buy beautiful clothes and shoes. Then, I'd go off to Europe so I could see London (as stated above) and walk the streets of Paris and eat cheese. With that kind of money, I'd also drink a bit of wine....and maybe, since I'd be rich, just pick up some gorgeous guy and then I wouldn't worry about not dating anyone.

What is the best thing you've given your kids?

Their lives.

And I can hope I've given them a conscience and a desire to be nice people.

If you had a day with no responsibilities (yeah right she says!) and no one else to worry about , what would you do? has to be something for real, not some flight of fantasy with Sean Bean

I'd watch the entire The Lord of the Rings trilogy (extended edition) again with only bathroom and kitchen breaks.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Hi, tramp!!

Let's see. What is the greatest thing a Republican politician (preferably a Prez or a Governor) has ever done? Why?

What's the worst thing a Democrat politician (of the same "stature") has ever done, and why?

Are there any Democrats you feel should be Republicans and vice versa? Why?

Before you got into Sean Bean, can you trace all the crushes you've had with celebrities? Can you try to explain why they came and why they faded? You know, what were you going through at the time(s)?

How are your children different? How are they the same? What have you done to encourage their individual uniqueness?

How do your fave music artists reflect your fave movie artists? How are they different? In what ways do your movie/music loves contradict your politics, if at all, now or in the past?

Why should we love you as much as we do? What makes you so "involved"? Were there times where you weren't so much into "the way things are" and didn't care so much? If yes, why? If no, why?

OK again, that's a start. Be prepared for some more soon.

Sorry, it took me so long. These questions, mark, deserved longer answers.

Let's see. What is the greatest thing a Republican politician (preferably a Prez or a Governor) has ever done? Why?

Abraham Lincoln. Brilliant. Compassionate. Could write great speeches; the Gettysburg address makes me cry. Simply magnificient man.

I liked how Reagan worked with Gorbachev. I liked how they had mutual respect for one another. That shows great character. Unfortunately, I am not of the opinion that Reagan is a diety.

What's the worst thing a Democrat politician (of the same "stature") has ever done, and why?

Clinton and NAFTA. I’m not sure it was a good thing. He also lied to the American people. I understand why he lied -- he should never have been put in that position in the first place. But really, that was pretty stupid.

Of course, Bush has lied for 8 years.

Are there any Democrats you feel should be Republicans and vice versa? Why?

Liebermann. Oh wait.
Ben Nelson (my god, why is this man a Democrat?!)
Mary Landrieu (dislike her tremendously)

Republicans that should be Dems: none I can think of.

Before you got into Sean Bean, can you trace all the crushes you've had with celebrities? Can you try to explain why they came and why they faded? You know, what were you going through at the time(s)?

OMG. I think this is a rather long answer:

Robert Redford AND Paul Newman. I saw them in Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid. I was a 13 year old teenage girl at the time, need I say more? They were gorgeous!

David Cassidy – every girl was in love with him. The Partridge Family! It ended because... the show was cancelled?

Frank Sinatra and Barbra Streisand. I was a teenager in high school. I loved Frank – I think it was that bad boy thing and a voice that was perfect. (I actually cried when I heard he had died.) I was a rather awkward, shy girl and Barbra spoke to and for me. I was a fan for years.

In my late 20s and in the early days of my courtship and marriage, I had a thing for Kevin Costner. I saw Silverado, No Way Out, and The Untouchables in succession (it seemed like anyway) and I loved all three films and him especially. Now, as to having this crush in the early days of my marriage, I cannot say what that means.

2000 – Russell Crowe and Gladiator. I was totally in love. Huge fans for years... faded for a while until 3:10 to Yuma came along. Thought he was the best actor I’d seen in years. This was the beginning of the end of my marriage. I cannot say what that means, either.

Sean Bean – been a fan since 2001 and Boromir, but have to say have gotten a lot more smitten in the last few years as I’ve lived alone and done nothing but work. I don’t date and I wonder if this crush is just a bit of fantasy on my part…

As to all three men – Costner, Crowe, and Bean – I do sense something about these men and how I see them relating to me. One night when my husband and I were leaving a Costner film, he said to me,

“I know why you like Kevin Costner. I just figured it out.”
me: “Yea, what?”
him: “When I think about him, I imagine him being the kind of guy who would sit at the end of a pier and fish all day, alone, and be perfectly happy doing it.”
me: “Hmmm, I can see that.”
him: “And that’s you. You like being with yourself.”

My ex is a very social person; he needs people around him all the time. He never could quite understand the fact that I was more of a loner and enjoyed being alone. I think it bothered him a great deal.

Now, while Costner is not the actor I think Crowe and Bean are, those three men all seem to have this “inner life” – a kind of life behind their eyes. It’s like when you watch them, there always seems to be something more going on behind the eyes. And I sense they have a total identity that is theirs – no need to have others validate them. I’ve learned that both Crowe and Bean are rather private types – loner types (moreso Bean than Crowe.) And I put Costner in that category, too. He actually seems rather awkward in social situations which intrigues me.

I don't really have a crush on Costner anymore, but I will still defend him and I will defend -- to the death -- the film, Dances With Wolves. That is the film that made me fall in love with film a second time (the first was in the 70s.) I had gotten bored with films and this is the film that renewed my passion.

I'm still rather into Crowe and Bean (you all know about Bean...lol.)

So what should we conclude from that long dissertation?

How are your children different? How are they the same? What have you done to encourage their individual uniqueness?

It’s funny. My son, Michael, looks exactly like my ex. Everything. Dark Hair. Michael has the same interests as my ex, too. Doesn’t care about films or literature or any of the things I’m interested in. He also likes to be social, but I have to admit, he is rather private and reserved which is more like me. He likes sports like his Dad.

Matt is the blonde and looks exactly like me. He loves movies like I do. We talk about stories. He loves to read. He’s like a miniature me. He and his brother HATE each other at this point and it makes me sad… they don’t get along. They are extremely different.

I don’t have to do a thing to encourage their uniqueness. They do it themselves.

How do your fave music artists reflect your fave movie artists? How are they different? In what ways do your movie/music loves contradict your politics, if at all, now or in the past?

I cannot answer the first question, I don’t see a connection in my life. As to politics, I certainly am a liberal and anti-war. I grew up in the Vietnam era. My love of the music of the time certainly plays into that.

I’m not much into today’s music, to be honest. I listen to soundtracks and whatever my 15 year old wants to torture me with.

Why should we love you as much as we do? What makes you so "involved"? Were there times where you weren't so much into "the way things are" and didn't care so much? If yes, why? If no, why?

Wow, really interesting question. If I think back to being a kid, I felt so lost most of the time, confused and scared. I had a tough time in my 20s, too. I believe I'm overly sensitive.

So somewhere along the way, that sensitivity emerged into an excitement and passion for things. I discovered that I just don’t like something, I get totally involved and immersed in it – I want to know more and more all the time. I want to research ideas and thoughts; I will spend hours and hours on the Internet researching things. I always want to know more. I also love feeling the emotions that films and literature stirs up in me.

I was describing an upcoming lesson to the school psychologist today. Last week, he dropped into my class to watch his ED students, and absolutely loved my class. He was answering questions, jumping in, etc., and we had a laugh as I discovered he was a Buffy fan! Anyway, as I was describing this lesson I came up with, he said, “yes, inspire them!!!” He said how my lesson the other day was inspiring. I’ve had other teachers talk about how “passionate” I am about what I teach, and to me, I don’t think anything of it. I get excited. I don’t really know when it began, but I’ve been hearing it for years from people. They even use the word "passion" to describe me...

And many here can attest to my passion for politics… lol… I get totally involved and it’s not really good. I honestly got sick to my stomach in 2004 when Bush got re-elected. When the news of Ohio came in, I went upstairs and threw up. I was devastated. I didn’t think I could get up the next day and go about my business.

I’m very emotional. I guess some would say that’s bad, but I’ve decided it is okay, as long as I take care of myself. I also have to balance it at times. It also can get in the way. But... overall, passion is good. Life is good. Curiosity about the world is imperative.

OK again, that's a start. Be prepared for some more soon.

You sure? I’m sure you’re bored by now.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Which Mofo Would You: NO REPEATS

Watch a movie with?

Grab a drink with?

Go to the beach with?

Grab some dinner with?

Break the law with?

Get high with?

Just hang out with?

Go sky diving with?

Travel with?

Start a band with?

Make a movie with?

Listen to old records with?

Cook food with?

Race against?

Play cards with?

Ghost Hunt with?

Debate With?

Suspect's Reviews

tell us about the username: why and where from?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
If you had the choice of taking over the the job of someone who doe's the voice's for a cartoon or movie charector, what charector would it be?
(IE Peter Griffen - Family Guy)