Bringing Out the Dead (1999)

→ in
Tools    

I'm just wondering what you guys think about this movie were do you place it on Scorsese's Filmography what you like or dislike about it.

http://www.channel2000.com/sh/entert...bringdead2.jpg

Cheers

Guy
I think this is a very good film, one of Cage's best performances. I used to have the DVD but I sold it because it doesn't have much re-watch value IMO.

Even though it's a very good film I don't rank it high among Scorsese's filmography, I like just about all the other films I've seen from him better!

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
you could describe it as almost kinetic.

i particularly liked the acting, and cinematography.....
but it felt like a collaberation of all his other works

I think this is one of the best movies of the 90's, it's absolutely fantastic. I didn't find anything wrong with it, god I love Scorsese.

I dunno what the hell to think about this one. It was interesting to watch, and I don't regret watching it...but I didn't ENJOY watching it, either. And that's not just because of its overall tone...I've seen depressing movies that I enjoyed watching, but this one just made me TIRED. Anyway, I don't know that I could call it great (it was pretty strange)...but I would call it good.

Was searching for a Bringing up baby thread, but found this instead.

I really like this film, but wasn't too happy with the ending.
If this film had more of the dark humor from After Hours, I would have ranked it a lot higher.

BOTD was a forgettable movie. Not even close to being Martin's 10 best films. Can't say I ever would want to watch this again.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I think it is one of his more underrated films. Cage is great in this.

Suspect's Reviews

Completely agree TUS. Actually, this is my favorite Marty flick. I'm not sure where or what Marty was going through when he made it, but it agrees with me a lot.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'd have to watch this again to comment with any detail, but I really liked it and it's one of the films Cage is a good actor in.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I haven't seen it in a while, and since I've discovered that my opinion about movies sometimes change quite a lot over the years I probably shouldn't say too much.

But back then, I didn't like it at all. I think I thought it was cartoonish and irritatingly surrealistic - like a bad Oliver Stone moment. I guess Scorsese was aiming for some kind of surrealism to depict the madness of the world of NY ambulance drivers, but in my opinion he didn't succeed. I think I even tried to re-watch it to see if I had been wrong the first time, but I didn't even finish it. My opinion might have changed, though. It's been over ten years...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.