Comic-Con 08: Disney Debuts Tron 2 Trailer!

Tools    

As Disney was finishing their one hour panel at Comic-Con on Thursday afternoon for the upcoming Race to Witch Mountain, they announced that they had some "special footage" to show the crowd. The lights dimmed and a loud rumble began to blast through the Hall H speakers. From the moment the footage was presented to the audience, the cheering was very loud. Finally, for the first time, Disney had presented new and exciting footage for Tron 2 after it was announced back in September. The visuals were stunning and it looks as if it will be an exciting addition to Disney's line-up. From a light cycle duel to Jeff Bridges appearance, Tron 2 seams as if it were poised to make a grand debut. Without seeing the trailer yourself it's hard to describe the trailer, but I will do my best…

The trailer opens with a man running from an approaching light cycle. As he continues to run, he makes a Matrix-style leap into the air. When he reaches the peak of his jump, he leans forward, and a light cycle forms around him. A chase ensues through a multi-level Tron playing field, leading to a narrow run through a cavern. One bike makes it through and one releases these wing-like flaps that raise it up over the top of the cavern. As the first cycle exits the cavern, the second lands directly to his right, gains speed, and cuts off the first cycle. As the second cycle cuts off the first, his light trail turns into a wall like in the games and the first one hits it, flying into the air, destroying his cycle in the process.

The next cut is to Jeff Bridges' character (an older version of Kevin Flynn from the original) who is overlooking the playing field. Cut back to the two players in the battlefield - the one that has crashed slowly back-crawling away from the other player walking towards him. The crashed player yells out something along the lines of "you win man, it's only a game!" Player two pulls up his visor, revealing that it is indeed Jeff Bridges himself and that Flynn is controlling one of the players in the game. His response to the helpless player is some sadistic line such as "so what" or "not anymore." It was truly badass and it was the perfect ending to what seems to be a great sequel that is definitely now very highly anticipated in my own mind!
Source: First Showing.net

Sounds terrible... how long until this one makes it to the $1.99 bin? Tron 2 indeed. Are they really making this?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
because it is better than a decription of the trailer

because it is better than a decription of the trailer
Is that a joke?

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
Because it gives people the....gee, what is the word I'm looking for???? The "OPTION" to look at it? Could that be it?
If you post a trailer, at least post a watchable version.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
If you post a trailer, at least post a watchable version.
It is, bottom right corner. And I wasn't kidding... why would you think so?

I'm not blind. I see the thing in the corner. The description was much better. If it wasn't in the corner like that and straight ahead, and not moving....maybe it might have passed as watchable.

....and I am not kidding

Morbid as in death and destruction versus Genesis as in life and creation. How uncanny!

Sounds terrible... how long until this one makes it to the $1.99 bin? Tron 2 indeed. Are they really making this?
How wrong you are, 2008-PW. How wrong you are. This is going to be epic.

How wrong you are, 2008-PW. How wrong you are. This is going to be epic.
Haha at 2008 PW - so long ago I am having a flashback now....

Semper Fooey
I have nothing to add. I just want to show off my swell new avatar.