Rockmond Dunbar
KaDee Strickland
Cole Hauser
Taraji P. Henson
Tyler Perry
Kathy Bates
Sebastian Siegel

PLOT:
Two families from different walks of life learn to work together.

Trailer:
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...-preys/trailer

Opening in theaters on September 12, 2008

Does this Perry guy have, like, a movie assembly line somewhere? He puts out like one a year, and has that TV show which, mercifully, I've never seen. Have we determined that Tyler Perry, in fact, sleeps?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This doest actually sound that bad, will check for reviews.

I don't fancy these kind of movies

Tyler Perry is actually a christian playwright gone Hollywood. I think most of his storylines are already written, and he is now basically just adapting them for the big screen, following the success of some of his televised plays.

I think. This is why you will find 2 versions of most of his movies - because the 1st version was a taped play. MAYBE he's moved on to starting to write new material, but I doubt it. His regular people travel around the country doing his plays (and their own, a la Meet the Browns, which was written by the guy that plays ... Mr. Brown. Apparently he pitched Tyler on the story, and since Tyler was taking a break, he gave Brown the go ahead, and the plays were a huge success.).

He has a cult following among black religious people (maybe others too, but I wouldnt know). Kind of like Bernie Mac (given how he rose from being a bit player to having his own show)......if you add Jesus to Bernie.

So yeah, Tyler has basically upgraded his stories to Hollywood/Television, including the budget and actors -- which can only mean that he finally convinced Powers That Be that there is a demand for this type of movie/show.

And from the way these shows are rolling off the shelves - maybe there is? Normally, this kind of churn-out of movies would be bad (I think), because it would signal that they are B-Movies. However, in this case, I'm not sure if that means they are B-movies and he's losing money, or if that means he rolling in dough. I suppose time will tell.

There is one thing I've learned: I actually live the play versions better than the Hollywood versions--which isnt to say that the movie stories arent good. Its just that the plays are ridiculously funny, in that horrifying over-the-top way that only plays can be.

So. My fav TP movie is Meet the Browns, the first version - the televised play. Rolling on the floor funny, and I dont roll on the floor.

EDIT: This movie looks good, and I'm glad you mentioned, because I hadnt heard of it. Def on the to see list.