Need Help Knowing a Movie's Title

Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I saw this movie late at night on TV when I was 7 or so.

Anyway, I think it was about a bunch of people from the military. Anyway, a plane crashed or something and the whole movie is spent with the floating in the ocean and struggling to survive on life boats and such and one of them eventually gets eaten by a shark or something. Ring any bells?

I am half agony, half hope.
Was it black and white? Maybe Seven Were Saved?

Johann von Goethe

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
No this was definitely newer. It was on LATE at night on cable.

If it helps any, I remember the leader of the group was generally nice and trying to do the right thing and one of the other guys was a jerk and kept trying to keep an every man for himself mentality.

The nice guy I believed ended up dying.

But that's all I really remember.

How about Holds? You've seen everything ever made LOL

Do you know what it may be?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm trying to help here. Are you sure a plane crashed? Then they would probably be floating on plane wreckage. Indiana Jones is the only guy who finds a "lifeboat" on a plane, although if the plane regularly flew over the water, I guess it's possible.

So, it was a plane crash and not a boat sinking? It sounds like many movies, including Lifeboat and Abandon Ship!, but those are all too old.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I'm trying to help here. Are you sure a plane crashed? Then they would probably be floating on train wreckage. Indiana Jones is the only guy who finds a "lifeboat" on a plane, although if the plane regularly flew over the water, I guess it's possible.

So, it was a plane crash and not a boat sinking? It sounds like many movies, including Lifeboat and Abandon Ship!, but those are all too old.
I'm actually not positive it was a plane, but I think so. It's entirely possible that it was a boat.

They spent the entire movie floating is what I really remember. And I remember something about a shark attack or someone bleeding out and dying from the accident or something.

It was kind of generic, but for some reason I just want to remember what it was.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Is it Mission of the Shark: The Saga of the U.S.S. Indianapolis?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102455/

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
That is it! A million thank you's! And 10 rep points from me!

Thanks BobbyB, I'm just glad you got back to me on that.