The Spirit's Top 100

→ in
Tools    

Hey Gang!I've been here for a while and I thought it was finally time for me to bite the bullet and make a top 100s list. Its not necessarily filled with well done films, just ones i personally love and hold dear to my heart. They are in no particular order. I tried to do that and i kept switching em around. Enjoy!

100. Shaolin Soccer

99. Rounders

98. Redeye

97. Good Bye Lenin!

96. Red Dawn

95. One Crazy Summer

94. The Return of the Pink Panther

93. Shainghai Noon

92. Fistful of Dollars

91. Dirty Harry

90. Tommy Boy

89. Beverly Hills Ninja

88. Black Sheep

87. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

86. Ghostbusters

85. Rush Hour

84. Thank You for Smoking

83. Once

82. Batman Returns

81. The Incredible Hulk

80. Iron Man

79. Shaun of the Dead

78. Hot Fuzz

77. Hot Rod

76. The Blues Brothers

75. Big Fish

74. Extreme Days

73. Gangs of New York

72. My Cousin Vinnie

71. Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

70. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

69. Superbad

68. Knocked Up

67. Sands of Iwojima

66. Longest Day

65. Endless Summer II

64. Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure

63. I'm Not There

62. The Godfather II

61. Spiderman

60. Darjeeling Ltd.

59. 3:10 to Yuma

58. Die Hard

57. Almost Famous

56. True Lies

55. Kindergarten Cop

54. Grosse Point Blank

53. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

52. the Warriors

51. Old School

50. Zoolander

49. There Will Be Blood

48. Fargo

47. Dr. Strangelove

46. An Angel for May

45. X-Men

44. Braveheart

43. King Arthur

42. Shoot Em Up

41. No Country for Old Men

40. 40-Year-Old Virgin

39. UHF

38. Johnny English

37. Goldfinger

36. Hook

35. Road to Morocco

34. The Spy Who Shagged Me

33. Space Jam

32. Big

31. The General

30. The Bourne Identity

It took me forever to decide which Bourne movie to have. All three were fantastic. But then i watched Identity again and it just blew me away again and i thought, "thats the kind of action film we need more of! Personal favorite scene is the bank. Classic.

29. Ferris Buellers Day Off

Every single "sick" day i ever had as a child, i would ALWAYS watch Ferris Buellers Day Off. It was always so funny no matter how many times i watched it and no matter how "sick" (im using quotes because i pulled 'buellers' often) i was, i would always laugh and it always made me feel better. A truly timeless comedy.

28. Field of Dreams

Ok, What man has doesn't love Field of Dreams? Its so touching i could cry just thinkin bout it. When he plays catch with his dad like they never did when he was a child! Geeze! So good.

27. The Wedding Singer

I am gonna admit it right now, cheesy romantic comedy or not, that i love this movie. The cameos in it are hilarious. Steve Buscemi as the drunk best man, Carmen Filpi as the hilarious old man in the bar, and Billy Idol for crying out loud! Great movie. Still always cringe when the ex girlfriend answers the door in only Robbie's t-shirt.

26. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

What do u get when you take Paul Newman, Robert Redford, The Old West, a memorable bicycle ride, and throw in a few hundred robberies? A great film.

25. the Untouchables

One of my favorite gangster movies after the Godfather. When Kevin Costner is being held back and screaming at Robert Deniro walking down those stairs. Man. What a moment.

24. The Departed

The Departed just knocked my sock off the first time I saw it. I didnt see that end coming at all and when it happened, i nearly fell outa my chair! All I can say is "Go Markie Go"

23. The Producers

I grew up with the original, timesless film. I loved it! with the crazy hitler who came in to audition for Hairspray i believe. need to check on that. But so funny. Zero and Gene had such amazing chemistry.

22. Miracle

I love underdog sports movies. Always so much fun. I always find myself cheering on with the rest of the crowd.

21. Snatch

Guy Ritchie. My man. He is phenomenal. Its insane when u watch his movies cause theyre so violent but your laughing the whole time! like when the Russian get hit by the car, i almost cried i was laughing so hard! Great movie. only second to Lock Stock in my eyes.

20. Toy Story

I had to put it in here. I loved this movie as a kid and i love it now. So fun and so well made. One of Pixars first if im not mistaken. Favorite animation movie of all time by far.

19. Rocky

What kinda person doesnt put Rocky on their faves? It is the ultimate underdog story of America. Way too many classic parts in that movie to mention. all i can say is "ADRIEN!!!

18. Top Gun

I feel the need. The need for speed! Tom Cruise before he was a raving lunatic in one of my favorites. Goose of course was my favorite character. That "Great Balls of Fire" scene is so great. After seeing it i went straight to my piano and learned it so i could play it just like Goose.

17. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Here we go. Lock Stock is amazing. The way he times everything out so perfectly is great. The cast of characters is also fantasic. Chris and little Chris made me laugh so hard. He's a good dad, but hell kill you while parenting his kid. Stopping mid-beating to say something like, "Chris! Dont swear! i should wash your mouth out for that." Then goes back to his beating. I love it.

15. Fight Club

Fight Club is just the coolest movie ever. First time i saw it i flipped out at the end (im not gonna ruin it for those of u crazy people who havent seen it) but it was so great! First off, I loved the addition of Meatloaf to the cast. I thought Ed Norton and Brad Pitt were on the absolute tops of their games. And for like a month after i was asking people questions like "what celebrity would you fight?" "what cartoon character would you fight?". Now i co-run a fight club of my own. Its not huge and were not about to go destroy civilization, but its cool. we meet at night in this abandoned warehouse near my school. Fun stuff. I love this movie and everything about it

14. The Usual Suspects

I literally yelled at the TV when the twist hit. I was like, "NO! UH UH! NO WAY! NO! WHOA!!!!" just like that. Kevin Spacey was perfect as Verbal Kint and Benicio Del Toro's performance was fantastic. He didnt tell any of the actors about the accent and when they did the lineup scene, when he talks, all the actors are actually laughing. Turned out to be perfect.

13. Casablanca

Do i need to explain Casablanca? Humphrey Bogart is phenomenal. One of the few actors who can look tough without a gun. A masterpiece.

12. Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I had just gone through an oddly similar breakup with a girl named Sarah who acted exactly the same as Sarah Marshall. I was Peter Bretter for a couple months until i met my current girlfriend and we are now in love. So needless to say, i had a really strong connection to this movie. it was like living the previous months for me and i loved it. every second.

11. Raiders of the Lost Ark

Raiders is by far the greatest of the series and one of the most amazing action/adventures of all time. Favorite scene was of course when the Egyptian swordsman steps out for an epic duel to the death and Indy just rolls his eyes and shoots him.

10. Pulp Fiction

mm mm that is a tasty burger! What an All-star cast. What a brilliant screenplay. What a godlike director. haha Tarantino is one of my faves. Genius is what this movie is.

9. The Big Lebowski

What movie has more quotable lines than The Big Lebowski? I could rattle off a hundred right now for u but its better off just seeing the movie. oddly enough, my best friend dated the actual Dude's daughter. He's exactly like the movie.

8. Reservoir Dogs

Another Tarantino masterpiece. his first work as a director. To think how amazing that is with such a low budget. The actors brought their own clothes and most of the props. Mr. Blonde's soda when you first see him is Michael Madsen's soda from lunch that day. But still a classic movie that i will never stop watching.

7. Singing in the Rain

Just makes me happy.

6. Happy Gilmore

This was my first real comedy movie as a kid. And i LOVED it. Me and my best friend Henry would eat pb&j sandwiches and watch this movie like every day. So funny.

5. The Great Escape

Steve McQueen is a god. end of story.

4. Sin City

The first minute of this film i instantly fell in love with it. The amazing cinematography. the completely generated backgrounds and sets. The noir style asides to the audience. I love it. I went and bought red Chuck Taylors right after.

3. The Godfather

Honestly. A movie that needs no introduction. My dad always told me when i asked, "You cant watch this movie until you have been betrayed. You wont understand it if you dont wait." So i waited until i got cheated on by a girlfriend. That night i watched the Godfather. I havent stopped watching it since then i dont think.

2.Anchorman

I love scotch. scotchy scotch scotch. there it goes down. down into my belly. mm mm mm I love this movie sooooooooo much. i could watch it over and over and over. never gets old.

1.Animal House

Animal House is number 1 on my list cause it is in my mind the single greatest comedy out there. i love it. John Belushi is amazing as always and my friends and i have tried to replicate everything they do since we saw it.

A very interesting list Spirit it is a shame I can't see all the pictures
I love Zoolander not many people do so now you are my soul mate

Nice job, I love these things. Maybe later when you feel more comfortable you could go and share a little bit about why you love some of these flicks. Anyway, a lot of my favorites on here... UHF. God I love that flick.

"Today, we are teaching poodles how to fly! Are you psyched feefee?"

Nice job, I love these things. Maybe later when you feel more comfortable you could go and share a little bit about why you love some of these flicks. Anyway, a lot of my favorites on here... UHF. God I love that flick.

"Today, we are teaching poodles how to fly! Are you psyched feefee?"
HAHAHA true that! yeah i will. just wanted to get the initial setup online took forever!

"Stupid! Yo so stupid!!!"

A very interesting list Spirit it is a shame I can't see all the pictures
I love Zoolander not many people do so now you are my soul mate :laugh;
Thanks Nebs! That means a whole lot to me!

hehe This just made me think of Steve Martin, licking his hands, using them as suction cups to climb across a wall in The Man with Two Brains (1983).

Have you seen any of his movies? You should check a few out, and see if they replace some of these. You know. Just curious.

The Jerk! i forgot to add the Jerk. I have seen a few.
Drag. forgot to add em. in my defense, most of this work was done in the wee hours of the morning haha

The Jerk! i forgot to add the Jerk. I have seen a few.
Drag. forgot to add em. in my defense, most of this work was done in the wee hours of the morning haha
Yeah, that's a great one. I love most of his work. Then again, I loooooove him. I'm not talking that "Oh you're so sweet. love ya!" either. I ♥LOVE♥ HIM!
Anyway, it is impossible, I believe, for anyone to make a 100 favorites movie list, and always be OK with it, entirely. That was why I did mine in the way that I did.
Sure, it's not finished, and I bet I never do, but you get my point!

yeah. Steve's amazing. Really nice guy too. I love all his SNL hostings.
Oh yes! He is the best host from SNL, in my opinion. He has often been mistaken for a member of the cast.

9. The Big Lebowski

What movie has more quotable lines than The Big Lebowski? I could rattle off a hundred right now for u but its better off just seeing the movie. oddly enough, my best friend dated the actual Dude's daughter. He's exactly like the movie.
I am forever quoting this movie the more i watch it the more I love it