Wristcutters A Love Story

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I haven't seen it. I plan on seeing it though, right after Chinatown

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I haven't seen it. I plan on seeing it though, right after Chinatown
I have it on hold at my local libraries. Hopefully it will fall into my greedy hands soon.

The storyline I read is just the sort of quirky thing I find fascinating if done in certain ways.

I caught it a couple of weeks ago on IFC. I thought it ws pretty good, kind of the feel of "Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind". Definitely worth a watch.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Its very quirky and a tad bleak, but I really enjoyed it.
More akin to a european type film than an American comedy, if you liked Fargo or any of the Coen Brothers films or Jim Jarmusch films then you should dig it, it's not a million miles away from their style.
There is a review of it in my review section ( shameless plug!!! )

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I liked Wristcutters quite a bit.

It's adapted from Etgar Keret's short story "Kneller's Happy Campers" from the collection The Bus Driver Who Wanted to Be God and Other Stories. Keret had previously adapted the material himself into a graphic novel, called Pizzeria Kamikaze and illustrated by Asaf Hanuka . I like 'em all. Etgar is a terrific writer. The Nimrod Flipout is my favorite of his collections thus far, but they're all pretty much equally wonderful. Very dark, funny dude.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I really want to see this one.

The bleakness is a great part of the movie, because it's against that backdrop that these characters are searching for hope. In the end it's very uplifting (at least to me, but I may have a WAY different baseline for normal than the average person). Excellent movie.

Plus Shannyn Sossamon is just elegantly beautiful. I know it doesn't look like it in the picture, but trying watching the movie and not having your eyes drawn to her face.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Now I've seen it. I must say the girl is very lovely.

There was some great humor in the movie but I didn't really like the ending too much. I wanted there to be something more, another layer to explore, you know?

It's an interesting and quirky story though.

You're a Genius all the time
I liked Wristcutters, but I think, like bleached said, it was a bit of let down. There was so much unexplored potential in this whole thing. Like the Tom Waits character, for instance. Tom Waits characters are always chock full of potential, but they never seem to amount to much. Seriously, his character in Mystery Men? Talk about a flippin cock tease. This was still a pretty cool movie, though. That Shea Whigham guy was great and Sossamon was adorable, as usual. I definitely need to see this thing again.