Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: blibblobblib

Tools    

If you had to throw away all your movies but one, which one would you keep?

What is your favorite hobby, besides watching movies?

Name the oldest movie you've seen.

Name the newest movie you've seen.

What is your favorite theater snack?

Do you avoid watching certain movies, simply because of an actor that is in them?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
What do you now think about your new job? Are you happy with it? How has it changed your life?

You seem to be a Party Animal, at least based on your posted photos. Is this true? How often do you party, and what does it consist of?

Your great loves seem to be the movies and eating. How have these pursuits evolved over the years? Do you have any interesting stories which involve both eating and the movies?

What places which you have not traveled to would you really want to see? What would you do there and why? What places which you've already been to would you like to visit again? What would you see or do next time which you missed earlier?

If you could time travel, when and where would you go? Would you try to stay in low profile or would you take a chance and try to change the outcome of past or future events?

Now is your chance to be like a celebrity and stuff and answer the Pivot questionnaire, pretty please.

What is your favorite word?

What is your least favorite word?

What turns you on, excites, or inspires you creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?

What turns you off?

What sound or noise do you love?

What sound or noise do you hate?

What is your favorite curse word?

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

What profession would you absolutely not like to participate in?

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

I am half agony, half hope.
Hey, Blibb,

Can you speak with an American accent and be believable?

Why are you excited about the movie WALL-E?

Who's the designated driver when you and the gang hit the clubs?

Your posts make me laugh, were you funny as a child, too?

Johann von Goethe

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Which Mofo Would You: NO REPEATS

Watch a movie with?

Grab a drink with?

Go to the beach with?

Grab some dinner with?

Break the law with?

Get high with?

Just hang out with?

Go sky diving with?

Travel with?

Suspect's Reviews

Lets put a smile on that block
How the holy helmet did i miss this?!

Please bare with me, answers to follow very soon!

Blibby, I just wanna know how you got your name.

OK, so I get to talk about MEEEEEEEEE for a whole thread. How thrilling!

If you had to throw away all your movies but one, which one would you keep?

Probably my Beauty & the Beast Collectors Edition. Its pretty and was one of my first DVD's and is a favourite of mine that i grew up with.Yes its pretty gay, but It just symbolises all of the good things I looked forward to when I was little. It started my love for film, plus it is the definition of a Disney film, and going over to Disney, and the states throughout my childhood was my favourite thing.

If not that one, then my Who Framed Roger Rabbit collectors edition. Its pretty and is signed by the producer Robert Watts saying "Chris, Stay away from the dip!"

What is your favorite hobby, besides watching movies?

I don't want to say gaming, as thats not really a hobby, its just mindless fun entertainment. So my other favourite hobby (Because i DO see my love of movies as a hobby) would be photography. Love taking my camera out and snapping pics. Mostly urban photography. London is great for that.

Name the oldest movie you've seen.

Probably Battleship Potemkin - 1925. Apart from the scene with the pram, im gonna be honest and ignorant here, it was pretty boring.

Name the newest movie you've seen.

That would be Journey To The Centre Of The Earth: 3D. Surprisingly good! Most of the time i want to put my foot through Brendan Frasier’s face, but he wasnt too annoying in this and it was so much fun! It reminded me of Jumangi. I see that as a good thing. Plus it was free, which instantly makes a movie one star better.

What is your favorite theater snack?

AAAAAAAARG BUTTERED POPCORN. Its a coronary with every bite but my god it makes my belly happy. You can’t get it over here in the UK anymore so I can only gobble it up when im in the states.

Do you avoid watching certain movies, simply because of an actor that is in them?

Mostly no. I'm willing to give every actor a chance. Even my most hated actor has the chance to bring something different and surprising to a role. Now if we were talking directors, then perhaps…

What do you now think about your new job? Are you happy with it? How has it changed your life?

At the moment im loving the job. I’m a writer for a childrens magazine over here in the UK and its good fun. The mag is called KRAZE CLUB so its basically all about mental silly gross stuff that 12 year old boys would be interested in…and more or less the same stuff im interested in. its good fun. Im enjoying the responsibility of having to write most of the magazine, the deadlines are a good thing. My last job had great perks, but was boring as hell, so this is really good for me. Keeps me motivated. Sittin at your desk researching bogies, panda’s, killer robots and dinosaurs isn’t too boring

I have more free time in the evening now which is also good, the last place I was at (A DVD magazine) meant I was out almost everynight at something. Which was fun, but nackering and I nearly died.

You seem to be a Party Animal, at least based on your posted photos. Is this true? How often do you party, and what does it consist of?

I don’t think im much of a party animal, a lot of my friends are much worse. As I said, I get to go to a lot of fun things with my job, and especially my last one. So its good fun to document them with some photo’s, because some of the press events you get sent on are so random, nothing you would normally do. And being in a media job in London, a lot of it is about…*WARNING NONCE ALERT* networking. You have to get in with the right PR people to get what you want, whilst sussing out what your competitors are doing. Plus the media crowd around where I work are all pretty young (30 and under) so its all about going out, getting drunk and looking good. There was a sitcom over here in the UK called Nathan Barley, which was about a guy who worked in the area I work in and highlighted how ridiculously pretentious and idiotic the area and people are. Unfortunately I have fallen into this demographic. L There is a dude sitting opposite me who turned up to work on his bike today wearing a stripey black vest, braces, black leggings, winkle pickers and a top hat. He apparently is at the height of cool.

Your great loves seem to be the movies and eating. How have these pursuits evolved over the years? Do you have any interesting stories which involve both eating and the movies?
My love for movies really got going when DVD’s became popular. I started my collection hunting for my favourite films as a kid. Then when I met my first girlfriend, she really got me into films. She showed me so many awesome movies, and she loved them so much. But she could never tell me why she loved them. She could only say which bits she thought were good and exciting. So I started watching them and I guess my love for films came from that desire to put into words what I loved about them so much, and wanting to have them in my collection.

As for food, what can I say, Im a greedy pig. Its only got worse recently as I worked as a freelancer last year doing restaurant reviews round London, so I got used to having some very tasty nosh. As for combining food and films? Hmm, apart from spilling my popcorn almost every time I go the cinema, I don’t have a lot of movies & food related tales. Although, if you get your bucket of popcorn when its just got a few pieces left, and shove your face in the box and blow really hard, all the popcorn bounces around your face and you can try and catch it in your mouth. Its fun 

What places which you have not traveled to would you really want to see? What would you do there and why? What places which you've already been to would you like to visit again? What would you see or do next time which you missed earlier?
Id love to see more of the States. Ive only ever visited the east coast so id love to more of the middle bits and the west coast. Plus Canada would be cool too. One thing I really really want to visit though is a Glazier. Im off travelling next year and we plan to visit one in New Zealand. They just look so strange. Massive massive amounts of incredibly slowing moving ice melting into different shapes. I would love to hike over one of those for sure. I also would like to visit the Salt Flats. Are there some in the states? I know there are some in Central America somewhere. I love the idea of that flat, pure white ground stretching for miles and miles. It looks so strange. So yeah, those are certainly two natural landscapes I would like to see. Id also love to do the Inca Trail and see the temples. Theres something fascinating about putting your hands on a structure that was built on earth over a thousand years ago…

As for places ive already been, I would love to go back to Washington DC and Boston (Seds ) only because I enjoyed walking around those cities so much.

If you could time travel, when and where would you go? Would you try to stay in low profile or would you take a chance and try to change the outcome of past or future events?
I would travel back to the turn of the century over here in the UK. It was so exciting and screwed up. Victorian London would be an incredible thing to see. I might try and suggest that the sailors on the Titanic keep a pair of binochulars on them at all times, but other than that I don’t think I would change a lot.

I would also love to travel back to 1950’s America, just after world war two. It has a similar kind of feel to Victorian England. A booming society, with loads of dreams and inventions and hope but heavily subdued by social etiquettes. 1950’s Manhatten would be awesome.

What is your favorite word?
Plinthe. Its so nice to say, although a little spitty.

What is your least favorite word?
Audacity. It’s a stupid word that silly people use to sound better than others.

What turns you on, excites, or inspires you creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?
Films, obviously. But other than that classical music and instrumental film scores. The best are Thomas Newman, Alan Silvestri, Alexandre Desplat and James Horner. John Williams is the legend, but I find his stuff so over the top and wonderful it just makes me wanna whack a film on.

What turns you off?
Loud noises and TV.

What sound or noise do you love?
When you pour coca cola into the glass, and the foam has died away, you put your ear real close to the glass and you can hear the millions of fizz bubbles popping.

What sound or noise do you hate?
URGH, metal knives and forks scarping on china plates.

What is your favorite curse word?
Sh!tminge

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Graphic Designer

What profession would you absolutely not like to participate in?
Labourer. Im way too lazy and impatient.

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
You did the best you could and didn’t miss out on anything.

Can you speak with an American accent and be believable?

Not really no. I just sound like a camp fashion designer.

Why are you excited about the movie WALL-E?

I really don’t know. I have a thing about robots. Im a huge science fiction fan, and a massive softy, so I guess when science fiction comes up with a new story about whether love can be created artificially; I just find it really interesting. Im a huge fan of 2001, A.I, The Iron Giant, Bladerunner and even Short Cicuit so I guess WALL*E just appealed to this. Plus I adore Pixar and the characters they create. They have such a good way of creating these really memorable characters that you know and love instantly. And Wall*E I just fell in love.

Who's the designated driver when you and the gang hit the clubs?

No one, Night bus and the London Underground all the way!

Your posts make me laugh, were you funny as a child, too?

Thanks. I dunno, I guess so. Mostly I try to make people laugh so they don’t actually see how painfully shy and immature I actually am.

Which Mofo Would You:

Watch a movie with?
Yoda, I find that we almost always agree on films.

Grab a drink with?
Sedai, he sounds like he knows how to party.

Go to the beach with?
Nebbs so I can stare at her jubblys.

Grab some dinner with?
Aniko, she can cook

Break the law with?
Darth Stujitzu. You mental Scott you.

Get high with?
Piddles. I can stroke his golden hair.

Just hang out with?
OG-, I feel we have an interest in the same kind of weirdness that can be found in the world.

Go sky diving with?
Sexy C, he would probably scream more than me.

Travel with?
Cait, I can hide behind her if things get scary.

Well when I first signed up for an email when I was about 16, my friend called hers Lalablablalala. I thought it sounded good, so I came up with my own. Except using blibs and blobs. I wish there was more story behind it but it literally came from stupidity.

AAAAAAAARG BUTTERED POPCORN. Its a coronary with every bite but my god it makes my belly happy. You can’t get it over here in the UK anymore so I can only gobble it up when im in the states.
Why not? Is popcorn outlawed? Do you have under ground popcorn parties?

I also would like to visit the Salt Flats. Are there some in the states?
You could say that...

Do you live in a castle?

Do you want too?

Have you ever been to a castle?

Have you ever walked some of the streets where Jack the Ripper used to do his killing? Did it give you chills?

Do you have a theory as to who it was?

Any pets?

Why not? Is popcorn outlawed? Do you have under ground popcorn parties?
Keep this to yourself but yes, there is a secret Popcorn rebellion going on in the shadows of London. Smuggled in from the States inside small Chinese children, they are placed in a sauna and as the popcorn erupts from them, it is snatched away instantly as they are known to devour it upon its immergence. Pricey stuff though, salted is £2 a piece where as buttered can be as much as £4. Its expensive, but my god nothing beats Chinese Child buttered popcorn.

If only they hadn’t stopped serving it due to it being incredibly bad for you. THE SWINES! They’ll pay though. Viva La Popcorn!

Yeah I thought there were some in Utah but I didn’t wanna sound dumb if I was wrong.

Do you live in a castle?

I do not no.

Do you want too?

I would very much like this yes. I would build a water shoot from my bedroom ensuite all the way to the swimming pool in the west wing. I would also ride my motorbike through the great hall to dinner each evening.

I have been to lots yes. As England is old and full of old stuff everywhere, there are castles more or less all over the place. My local one in Essex is pretty crappy. Its about 800 years old and is more or less ruins where people sneak to in the night to have sex. But my favorite is Hever Castle in Kent. Its beautiful.
Plus it has a maze in it! And if you take a wrong turn you get squirted with water!

Have you ever walked some of the streets where Jack the Ripper used to do his killing? Did it give you chills?

Funnily enough, next door to my old job was the Ten Bells Pub, where Jack the Ripper met and killed his last victim, Mary Kelly. It’s a very awesome pub, spooky, large, smelly and cool. A lot of the streets around where I worked then and now are precisely the streets where Jack the Ripper stalked. Its very cool to walk home at night along the lantern lit alley ways knowing they are the exact street that evil man walked.

Here is a photo of the Ten Bells on the corner on the bottom left. I worked in the building next to it. The large church on the right is St Martins church, my favourite building in all of London. There are five of these churches, all designed by the same man. Apparently form above their locations form the points of a pentagram! OOoooh! I currently work next to one of the other ones, here.

This is the Alley I used to walk through to get to the station every day.

And check out this cool art I had to walk past every night too. Tres cool

I think Alan Moores research in From Hell is probably the most likely. The film too with Johnny Depp. Its got to have been someone connected to royalty, which would explain why they were never found, and the Free Masons, what a bunch of weirdo’s!

Any pets?

I have two fish called Madam Mimm and Iargo. I did have a third called Ursula, but she perished
Growing up I had tons of pets – chickens, dogs, hamsters, jerds, rats, birds, more fish, bugs…but they all died within the space of a year and my mum and dad couldn’t handle us getting so sad about it so they stopped buying us them
But now I live in London at my own gaff, I bought some fish

Do you want too?

I would very much like this yes. I would build a water shoot from my bedroom ensuite all the way to the swimming pool in the west wing. I would also ride my motorbike through the great hall to dinner each evening.
Me too... I think I would also enjoy randomly shooting at art work on the walls and "hanging out" on my own personal cross in the living room.

I have been to lots yes. As England is old and full of old stuff everywhere, there are castles more or less all over the place. My local one in Essex is pretty crappy. Its about 800 years old and is more or less ruins where people sneak to in the night to have sex. But my favorite is Hever Castle in Kent. Its beautiful.
Plus it has a maze in it! And if you take a wrong turn you get squirted with water!
Great pic thanks! I love Castle's I hope to make it to Europe someday so I can see some firsthand.

Funnily enough, next door to my old job was the Ten Bells Pub, where Jack the Ripper met and killed his last victim, Mary Kelly. It’s a very awesome pub, spooky, large, smelly and cool. A lot of the streets around where I worked then and now are precisely the streets where Jack the Ripper stalked. Its very cool to walk home at night along the lantern lit alley ways knowing they are the exact street that evil man walked.

Here is a photo of the Ten Bells on the corner on the bottom left. I worked in the building next to it. The large church on the right is St Martins church, my favourite building in all of London. There are five of these churches, all designed by the same man. Apparently form above their locations form the points of a pentagram! OOoooh! I currently work next to one of the other ones, here.

This is the Alley I used to walk through to get to the station every day.

And check out this cool art I had to walk past every night too. Tres cool
Wow, that's pretty damn cool! That pub looks a bit like the Winchester from Shaun of the Dead. Probably not the same one but it looks like it.

I think Alan Moores research in From Hell is probably the most likely. The film too with Johnny Depp. Its got to have been someone connected to royalty, which would explain why they were never found, and the Free Masons, what a bunch of weirdo’s!
Yeah a few people who's opinions I really respect were talking a bit about that several years ago and they also thought that it was I believe the Queen's son? Or Son in law maybe? I'm not a very big history buff so I don't remember which. I do find it pretty interesting though how the killing just stopped, that typically doesn't happen unless the nut job is either locked up or dead.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Start a band with?

Make a movie with?

Listen to old records with?

Cook food with?

Race against?

Play cards with?

Ghost Hunt with?

Debate With?

The People's Republic of Clogher
Well when I first signed up for an email when I was about 16, my friend called hers Lalablablalala. I thought it sounded good, so I came up with my own. Except using blibs and blobs. I wish there was more story behind it but it literally came from stupidity.
Say it ain't so!

It's got nothing to do with your crinkly bottom?

WOOPS. Sorry, no one had posted anything in this thread for so long I thought everyone had lost interest in me!
Say it ain't so!

It's got nothing to do with your crinkly bottom?
Sadly not. If it had my username would have been Blibbyblobbyyummybummy.

Start a band with?
OH god. Probably no one as I have no musical talent what so ever. Although if I was in a band, It would be the funkiest most stylishly declicious band around. So the golden beauty that is Pidd would have to be part of it. His hair would shine brighter than any stage light, blinding the eyes of our followers.

Make a movie with?
Sinny McGuffins. I don’t know where he has gone or what has become of him but he was good.

Listen to old records with?
Probably Mr Taccy. He can teach me in the ways of many musical legends. However the minute he puts on Riverdance or Clannad im jumping through the nearest window.

Cook food with?
Aniko! Without a shadow of a doubt. That lady sure knows how to cook! I would demand her home made Cranberry on everything.

Race against?
What in a car? Or running? Or in an election? Hmmmm. I have no idea. Im going to say Usual Suspect for that one then. He seems like a competitive sort and that’s always healthy in a good race. That is until I UNLEASH MY FIRE WHEELS OF DEATH.

Play cards with?
Sexy C for that one. The cards would more than likely be covered in all manners of rude and deviant images on the back that would make it far more interesting.

Ghost Hunt with?
Aus for this one. With our combined Losty knowledge we must almost be fully fledged members of the Scooby Gang, just right for unmasking the mystery of the Green Hooded Horseman haunting Old Man Stogeys garage.

Debate With?
Oh blimey, I love a good debate/argument, but a lot of guys here are very good at it, although I just cant nornmally be bothered to get into them with my fingers. But having a good old verbal, it would have to be either Yoda or JohnMcC. The best arguers out there. HOWEVER, if I couldn’t be bothered, it would be Nebbs. She would just get her boobs out everytime the argument wasn’t going her way.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Hmph! You're obviously too young to remember this then!

I draw the line at that Plastic Paddy Flatley, though. Jean Butler, however, could Riverdance for me every day of the week. What a woman...

Edit - Watching that old nonsense again, Clannad (Moya aside) look like a bunch of Provos from a Falls Road wall mural, instead of the ethereal, parallel dimension-inhabiting uber Celts they actually are. It must be the shades and dodgy 'tasches.