Brett Ratner to Direct Beverly Hills Cop 4

Tools    

Variety is reporting that Paramount is in negotiations with Brett Ratner to direct the film. Currently the studio is looking to get this into production by 2009 and release it in the summer of 2010. So we won't be hearing to much about this film for quite some time to come.

Click here to read the full article.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm really hoping this is a return to good old R-Rated Eddie Murphy, cause that pg-13 Eddie Murphy is just really lame. Get him to go back to stand-up, too!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Ratner & Murphy together, hmmmmm, my craptacularmovie senses are tingeling...........

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I'm really hoping this is a return to good old R-Rated Eddie Murphy, cause that pg-13 Eddie Murphy is just really lame. Get him to go back to stand-up, too!
I believe this movie def going to have PG-13 because nowadays starting getting PG-13 so they could sell. They're fear to put R-Rated.

P*ssy-13

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I believe this movie def going to have PG-13 because nowadays starting getting PG-13 so they could sell. They're fear to put R-Rated.

P*ssy-13
I dunno, there's been a ton of popular R-Rated comedies lately (40 year old virgin, knocked up, superbad), so they might. *fingers crossed*

yeaah

So he can see what good action scenes look like - The Killer , Hot Fuzz , Die Hard.
oh, come on you are comparing John Woo with him and saying that he sucks of course he sucks although Brett Ratner is more of an action comedy type of director(Rush Hour 1,2,3,Money Talks)and thats what exactly Beverly Hills Cop is an action comedy and I believe that he is the perfect choice for such a movie.But I think he did a great job with X-Men 3 as an action packed movie it had scenes that blew me away in the theater when I watched it for my first time

Oh and Hot Fuzz I wouldn't put it in this chart of yours

Who in the world is Brett Ratner?

Who in the world is Brett Ratner?
To answer you question accurately, he's a no-talent hack.

...uh the post is up there...

oh, come on you are comparing John Woo with him and saying that he sucks of course he sucks although Brett Ratner is more of an action comedy type of director(Rush Hour 1,2,3,Money Talks)and thats what exactly Beverly Hills Cop is an action comedy and I believe that he is the perfect choice for such a movie.But I think he did a great job with X-Men 3 as an action packed movie it had scenes that blew me away in the theater when I watched it for my first time

Oh and Hot Fuzz I wouldn't put it in this chart of yours
It would be pretty fresh though to see an action/comedy with actually good action scenes though. hot fuzz