The Strangers

Tools    

Comes out today!
"Lock the doors. Assume you're safe.

The horrifying events that took place in the Hoyt family's vacation home at 1801 Clark Road on Februay 11, 2005, are still not entirely known.

Champagne. Rose Petals. Candelight. It was supposed to be a night of celebration for Kristen McKa (Liv Tyler) and James Hoyt (Scot Sppedman). But after leaving a friend's wedding reception and returning to the houe, everything had collapsed for the happy couple.

Then came a 4 a.m. knock on the door and a haunting voice.

Is Tamara here?

Writer/director Bryan Bertino explores our most uiversal fears in The Strangerrs, a terrifying suspense thriller about a couple whose remote getaway becomes a place of terror when masked strangers invade. The confrontation forces Kristen and James to go far beyond what they thought themselves capable of if they hope to survive"

looks really freaky. I'm not personally a fan of home invasion films but this looks decent. heres the link for the trailer.

enjoy.
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
This year seems to have numerous movies I cannot judge by the trailers. I say that because I normally have a 90% accuracy rate comparing how much I will like the film to much I do like it based on the trailer. But between this and Zohan I am unsure. I will probably wait until Zohan goes to DVD and this goes to the discount theater.

han solo > indiana jones
correct me if i'm wrong, but it looks like of the best horror movies since saw 1. the midnight showing is probably gona be better than your slightly-better-than-average rave.

Hm. Seems like another Vacancy type movie to me - good in that it takes your been-there-done-that, sick (and hick) slasher types, and slaps them into an idyllic (or not so) couple scene.

Wha-bam! Marriage headed for divorce is saved by murder! And now they REALLY know they love each other and wanna give it another go. Complete with wedding band going back on/being found in pocket.

EDIT: You guys know there are now TWO threads title The Strangers, right? If you keep anything I've said, just keep the part about me being officially scared of Liv Tyler in a horror movie.

...oh Liv...such promise.....ruint by horror!

Movie Forums Extra
This movie looks really interesting. I read a lot of reviews on it. I'm probably going to check it out tonight.