Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: Tacitus

Tools    

If you had to throw away all your movies, but one, which one would you keep?

What five actors/actresses would you like to meet, and why? (Only five.)

Where all would you like to travel to? (Top five locations.)

What are your top five favorite songs?

Colour out of Time
What part of the planet do you hail from?

Ever been arrested?

What is the strangest food eaten?

What is the most scariest moment you have experienced?

Welcome to the human race...
What's with the lame jokes you put in practically every post? Any real explanation as to why you do it?

Oh this could be either terrifying or enlightening. Having said that I waffle a bit and now think perhaps it will be terrifying AND enlightening.

1). Since we've had recent discussions about Manson and such, do you believe the prosecution's case?

2). If I were to say, "Tacitus, you know that tawdry trollop on MoFo..." which MoFo do you think I'd be referring to?

3). What's the biggest mystery in your life?

I am half agony, half hope.
Where is the first fun place you'll drive the new Tattymobile?

Do you believe in love at first sight?

If you could spend a day in a musical, which one would you pick and why?

Johann von Goethe

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
What was your favorite song to sing with your band?

What one tangible item have you lost that you'd most like to find again?

What do you see when you turn out the lights?

I have only ONE question: why the name - Tacitus?

And have you ever been experienced?

How about the Pivot questions? Interested?
  1. What is your favorite word?
  2. What is your least favorite word?
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
  4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
  5. What sound or noise do you love?
  6. What sound or noise do you hate?
  7. What is your favorite curse word?
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
  9. What profession would you not like to do?
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

The People's Republic of Clogher
Ok then.

If you had to throw away all your movies, but one, which one would you keep?

Sonatine would be the boring answer. Withnail & I or The Searchers might figure too - I'd hide the discs in the Sonatine box.

What five actors/actresses would you like to meet, and why? (Only five.)

Mira Sorvino - To ask her when she's finally gonna say "yes".

Paul Sorvino - To ask the question in the traditional way if the above doesn't go too well.

Robert DeNiro - To ask him if he's given up.

Hmmmm, this is getting hard. I'm not really a 'meet an actor' kinda person. Onwards!

Jimmy Nesbitt - I wanna see how his hair restore treatment is going. Actually, I met Jimmy Nesbitt last Friday night and already know the answer. Ermmm, when I say 'met' I really meant to say 'was in the same room as'. I'm no good at this name-dropping lark.

Tom Cruise - I want to see if I can jump over him (standing up, of course) from a standing start. Even someone in my advanced stage of decrepitude should be able to manage it...

Where all would you like to travel to? (Top five locations.)

Hmmmm. Easter Island, Japan, India, Benidorm, Muff (it's in Donegal! )

What are your top five favorite songs?

I'm afraid I can only answer what's in my head at the minute (and I've always got 5 or 10 songs floating around in it - there's space to spare).

#1 A football chant sung by the Northern Ireland supporters to the Denmark fans at a recent(ish) international. To the tune of She'll be Coming Round The Mountain: "You can stick your Danish Pastries up your arse!" - Believe me, I was singing this all day yesterday. Lord knows why.

#2 Most of the Time - by Bob Dylan from his massively underrated Oh Mercy album. I think it's the best song on the record, was listening to the album the other day and came to the conclusion that it deserves mention with his more recognised classics.

#3 Trick of the Light by The Triffids. The best band you never heard...

#4 Johnny Jukebox by The Radiators From Space. As above. They kinda reformed a few years ago (basically Phil Chevron from The Pogues and some other old Dublin punks - think The Boomtown Rats. Only good) but I've not caught them yet.

#5 Raynard The Fox by Julian Cope. Drugs are bad, kids. But fun.

Yikes, there's another five a'coming. Nurse!

What part of the planet do you hail from?

I was born in Belfast and now reside in County Tyrone, about 20 miles from where I grew up. 'Settled', yeah, I think that's the word.

Whether it's the correct word is anyone's guess...

Ever been arrested?

During my drinking days I sneaked a pint of Guinness out of my local bar and, while staggering home, decided that it would be a good idea to drop-kick it (half full) at a shop window.

In full view of two police officers. Idiot.

The window didn't break but the glass sure did...

I was also pulled over for being drunk in charge of a shopping trolley. That's a fancy term for pushing one, with a real female woman inside, down the middle of a busy road because she was too inebriated to walk the 300yds to our front door.

Oh, the joys of youth!

What is the strangest food eaten?

Roast duckling was a bit unsettling. I've never been one of those squeamish 'awww isn't that cute' sorts but the sight of those 3 inch square, perfectly formed birds nestling among the carrots and peas made me stop for a second. Stop and wonder if I could craftily steal some of the more appetising food on my fellow diner's plate, that is.

What is the most scariest moment you have experienced?

I was convinced that I was having a heart attack once. This was, once more, when I was drinking rather a lot and, all of a sudden, I felt a piercing pain in my chest, shooting down my arm.

"This is it, son" I thought.

It turned out to be wind, dear MoFos. Trapped wind.

What's with the lame jokes you put in practically every post? Any real explanation as to why you do it?

That's just me, I'm afraid. If you were unfortunate enough to meet me in person you'd find out that I'm probably even worse.

Colour out of Time
Good start

Keep on answerinf matey

You ahve atime machine ... that's the given.

What era would you visit and why?

The invite 5 (or more) historical people to dinner party ... why them and what would you eat?

1). Since we've had recent discussions about Manson and such, do you believe the prosecution's case?

Good question. So good, to be honest, that I'm at a loss for words.

It's been ages since I've seen/read anything to do with the case and I'm not a Google billsh*tter so am gonna have to get back to you on that one once I've read a bit more.

This is like homework. Fantastic!

2). If I were to say, "Tacitus, you know that tawdry trollop on MoFo..." which MoFo do you think I'd be referring to?

I would say, "Toose, referring to yourself in the third person is the sign of someone with too high an opinion of themselves. Tacitus tells you this."

Other than that, have you got an hour?

3). What's the biggest mystery in your life?

That I'm reasonably content. Reasonably.

Tacky, why do you MoFo?

There's bugger all else to do on a bank holiday morning. That's why!

Seriously though, I love this site and everyone on it. I've been on many a message board (though only regularly visit this one now) and have never seen such good, honest humanity.

What's the best decision you ever made?

Hmmm a tough one. I'd probably say moving back to Ireland in 02 - I was an empty shell of a man when I did it.

and the worse?

I'd probably say moving back to Ireland in 02. My marriage only lasted a couple of years after that and the relocation was a big factor in it.

and if we had Kitano round for tea what would we make him?

Mince and slices of quince? I'm an awful cook, Chris, you decide.

A nice bowl of scouse?

Where is the first fun place you'll drive the new Tattymobile?

I don't advocate drink-driving so that narrows it down a bit.

Saying that though, an old friend has just opened a bar in Belfast and I've been meaning to check it out. I'll stay overnight, ok?

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Nope. I believe in being smitten at first sight (I could probably write a book about my first few meetings with the ex Mrs T, but that would be a boring Ononistic book) but I think you actually need to talk to someone in order to take things further than "Wow, she's/he's tasty".

That's not to say that being smitten doesn't immediately lead to the generation of feelings that some people would call 'love', oh no. I can remember literally stopping in my tracks, counting to three and turning round to say "hello".

If you could spend a day in a musical, which one would you pick and why?

Good Lord, are you trying to torture me?!? A Musical, you say? What fresh lunacy is this?

Musicals bring me out in boils.