Mongol

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Mongol Kazakstan not only gives us Borat, but this movie, it looks AMAZING!

Plot: The story recounts the early life of Genghis Khan who was a slave before going on to conquer half the world including Russia in 1206.
Cast:

Aliya... Oelun
Tegen Ao... Charkhu
TemudjinYing Bai... Merchant with golden ring
Khulan Chuluun... Börte
Bao Di... Todoen
Bayertsetseg Erdenebat... Young Borte

Release Date

I think this movie will be awesome! Just look at the production still. Plus, it was nominated for an Oscar

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I'm sorry I saw this online and had to post it

WARNING: GRAPHIC
&feature=related

I saw this at the Portland Film Festival a couple months back and was underwhelmed. It has some decent battle scenes, but other than that it's very standard paint-by-numbers stuff, including a tacked-on love story that doesn't feel authentic in the least. I don't feel like I learned anything about Genghis Khan, that it was really just an excuse for some battle scenes.

Eh.

Of course, your mileage may vary.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Holden has confirmed what I thought this film looked like.

Suspect's Reviews