Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: Sinny McGuffins

Tools    

If you had to throw away all of your movies but one, which one would you keep?

Do you care to share your first name?

Mine is Lisa!

What are the top 5 things that keep you coming back to MoFo?

How did you get your user name

Are you in Love

Do you have pets? what are they?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
When you were a kid, what was your favourite movie? Is it still a favourite today?

Have you ever snuck into a movie

Have you ever made a small movie yourself?

What is your eye/hair colour?

Suspect's Reviews

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm trying to remember your old username and can't for the life of me ... ermmm ... remember it.

What the heck was it?

Secondly, you've got one bullet left - Chris Moyles or Jade Goody?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Hi, Sin-Monster.

1. What turned you on to Alfred Hitchcock? What are your faves of his and why? What do you think his biggest screwup is? Why? What do you think is the best McGuffin ever? What movie would you consider the best Hitchcock film which Hitch didn't direct?

2. What turned you on to the Beatles? How is your appreciation of them now different from when you first fell in love with them? What's your fave scene in A Hard Day's Night? What do you think of each of the Fab Four's musical output individually post-Beatles? Who do you think is the best band inspired by the Beatles?

Hello, everyone.

Sorry for the late answers, but here they are...

If you had to throw away all of your movies but one, which one would you keep?
The Big Lebowski

Do you care to share your first name?
Sure. It's Jack.

What are the top 5 things that keep you coming back to MoFo?
1. all you lovely MoFos
2. reviews
3. discussions
4. checklists
5. Holden Pike

How did you get your user name?
Not really sure, I just thought it sounded good. "Sinny" means "movie" in Clockwork Orange slang and a McGuffin (or MacGuffin) is a Hitchcock term used to describe an object/thing that drives the plot forward.

Are you in Love?
If I say "I think so" does that mean "no"?

Do you have pets? What are they?
My mum has a dog called Susie and a cat called Typsy.

When you were a kid, what was your favourite movie? Is it still a favourite today?
I had too many favourites when I was a kid to just list one. But they were films like Tom Thumb, Yellow Beard, Home Alone, Bugsy Malone, Who Framed Rodger Rabbit?, The Goonies, The Man with The Golden Gun, Little Shop of Horrors and Twins. I still love them all to this day.

Have you ever snuck into a movie?
Don't think I have. But I worked at a cinema for two years, so got to see a load of films for free back then.

Have you ever made a small movie yourself?
Actually, I have. Two, in fact. But they're both not that good. I tried filmmaking, and it wasn't for me.

What is your eye/hair colour?
Dark brown eyes. Dark brown hair. I'm half-English and half-Thai.

I'm trying to remember your old username was and can't for the life of me ... ermmm ... remember it. What the heck was it?
Parky. You old fool.

You've got one bullet left - Chris Moyles or Jade Goody?
Chris Moyles.

What turned you on to Alfred Hitchcock?
His legacy and highly decorated career, I suppose. My dad used to go on about how he was the greatest filmmaker ever too.

What are your faves of his and why?
My favourites are probably North By Northwest and Psycho. Out of the Hitchcock films I've seen, none have been more thrilling than those two.

What do you think his biggest screwup is? Why?
I need to see a lot more Hitchcock films, but the only ones to dissapoint so far are Family Plot and Topaz. Neither did anything for me, I can barely even remember them.

What do you think is the best McGuffin ever?
I'll go with the Maltese Falcon.

What movie would you consider the best Hitchcock film which Hitch didn't direct?
Maybe Blow Out or Shallow Grave.

What turned you on to the Beatles?
Growing up I always knew my dad was a huge Beatles fan, but I was never really interested. I remember studying A Hard Day's Night at college, and when I'd walk home I'd find myself singing "I Should've Known Better" and "Can't Buy Me Love". My teacher at the time gave us a brief history of the Beatles, and when she told us they're last gig together was a suprise performance on a rooftop, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I went home and asked my dad if he had any Beatles CDs. He did, and he also had the Beatles Anthology DVD boxset. I watched the set within the next couple of days, and the rest is history.

How is your appreciation of them now different from when you first fell in love with them?
I wouldn't say it's much different. I thought they were the best band ever back then, and I still do now. I guess I appreciate the importance of some of their songs now though.

What's your fave scene in A Hard Day's Night?
Tough one. I love the opening, and the scene with John and the lady with glasses is weirdly funny.But probably when they're all being interviewed.

"What would you call that, uh, hairstyle you're wearing?"

What do you think of each of the Fab Four's musical output individually post-Beatles?
I've only gotten into Lennon's stuff so far. "Woman" and "Working Class Hero" are two of my favourite songs of all-time. I've heard a few songs from the others (I love "My Sweet Lord"), but I've never bought an album or anything. It's all on my to-listen list.

Who do you think is the best band inspired by the Beatles?
Not sure about this one. There are so many bands you could say were inspired by The Beatles. Who would you say, Mark?

The People's Republic of Clogher
Parky!

Welcome back bud. I know you've been busy helping The Queen practice her special Soulcalibur moves...

As to the Moyles/Goody debate, that question was penned before Ms Goody's unfortunate illness but did that have any bearing on your answer?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
If you had the choice between never watching a movie and downloading it, what would you do?