The Count of Monte Cristo

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Starts January 25th, and has Guy Pearce, Jim C (the guy from Angel Eyes, Pay it Forward, Frequency), and Richard Harris.

What are your thoughts on this movie? Looks, ok. *wiggles hand to display uncertainty*
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i agree, looks iffy. like they're making it a buncha hype and glam when obviously ... there's more to it than that. plus that guy pearce (pierce?) dude ... my he's toothy.

Nope, it's Pearce.

When I saw a spot for it on TV the other day it looked a lot like The Mask of Zorro, and I was like, wait a minute here.

no one should ever talk any sort of crap about guy pearce, he is the sole reason im going to see the movie, and if anyone here has seen ravenous or momento (especially momento) than you shouldnt have a hard time seeing why
im going to reccomend it on blind faith in his previous work

my bad, idiots luck.
i went to the site, www.otnemom.com (momento spelled backwards) and it came up the same as www.otnemem.com

thanks anyway

Well, every actor/actress has their bad movie. This may very well be Guy Pearce's bad movie. It doesn't look that great, but it does have star power.

I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

what i want to know is if anyone around here has read the actual text, im a bit in the dark at the moment. i pretty much know about a count, and then theres the monte cristo part, and the whole revenge thing in the trailer, but thats it
what do you think, should i check out the play/story or whatever it is first?
im not usually prone to doing it because it usually lessens the film for me, but still...........

the book is written by alexander dumas the author of the three musketeers and the man in the iron mask and guy pierce i cant wait!
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
It looks awesome and since the book was incredible, I truly loved it and consider it one of the best I've ever read, I can't wait for the movie. Plus Guy Pearce is da man.

heheh

the name, is DUMASS.

What is that off of? They give the guy a book and he looks at it and laughs because the author is Dumass.

Anyways, I might check this movie out, never read the book so who knows. The book might translate well into film.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer
Well, every actor/actress has their bad movie. This may very well be Guy Pearce's bad movie. It doesn't look that great, but it does have star power.

I guess we'll all find out soon enough.
Kevin Spacey doesn't have one bad movie to his name. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, COULD qualify, but not because of his performance. So your theory, that every actor has a bad movie, doesn't hold water...IMO.
BTW- I think Guy will follow in Spacey's footsteps, and never have one bad flick.

Now With Moveable Parts
Was it off topic?! I was talking about Guy Pearce. Sheesh!

Naw, I was referring to the Spacey stuff. No sweat -- that's just sort of my opening line when it comes to reviving most threads. Anyway, I encourage all to checkout the review, and, especially, the trailer. Looks good.