Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: Ðèstîñy (The Accentuated!)

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
You must all know Destiny, the MoFo with all of the weird symbols in her (thank you Mark F) name? runs all of those other games? Well, now she has stepped in our Troublesome Torture Room. I'll start

1. Where does your name come from?

2. It has occurred to me that your 4th favorite film of all time is Away From Her, who do you think did the best out of the whole movie? (besides Julie Christie)

3. Who is the hubba-hubba girl in your avatar?

4. What are your thoughts on Heath Ledger's recent death?

5. What is the worst film you have seen?

Lets put a smile on that block
DESTINY,

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU. PLEASE ANSWER SWIFTLY AND HONESTLY.

You HAVE to participate in either of these events. Which do you choose?

A BATH OF EELS FOR AN HOUR

or

A SHOWER OF SPIDERS FOR AN HOUR

Which will it be?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Hi, Ðèstîñy!

I have a few friendly questions to ask you while we heat up th briquets.

1. You spend a lot of time here at the site, especially composing our wonderful games. What does Movie Forums mean to you?

2. I've also noticed that you have been absent a bit lately. I realize that you had some computer problems, but is there anything else you want to share?

3. I believe I read recently that you sleep on a sofa. Is that off-limits, or can you tell us why?

4. What are your fave movies set in Tennessee, and what kind of "secret information" can you share about them?

5. How come you're such a sweetheart, Babe?

Who is your favorite MOFO...and why?

You must all know Destiny, the MoFo with all of the weird symbols in her (thank you Mark F) name? runs all of those other games? Well, now she has stepped in our Troublesome Torture Room. I'll start.

1. Where does your name come from?

My parents gave it to me. Oh, you mean my nick-name.

I've loved the word for a long time now, and it's meaning, which I will now copy/paste from Websters.com. You didn't think I was going to try to word it right, did ya?!?

Destiny ~ The inevitable or necessary fate to which a particular person or thing is destined.

I also love the song Destiny, by Jim Brickman and Christina Aguilera , but my taste in music, goes along with my mood. What I post in the "What are you listening to now?" thread, says a lot about my mood, at that time.

2. It has occurred to me that your 4th favorite film of all time is Away From Her, who do you think did the best out of the whole movie? (besides Julie Christie)

Well, my list isn't an "All time" list, yet a "For a bit" list. I'm watching quite a few new movies lately, and listing my favorites from them. Away From Her is for sure in my top 5 favorite dramas of all time, though. No doubt.

Well, I simply adore Olympia Dukakis.

. . . but Gordon Pinsent did a wonderful job, playing the supportive, loving husband. Those scenes tore me up.

3. Who is the hubba-hubba girl in your avatar?

Beats me! It looks better blown up, though.

4. What are your thoughts on Heath Ledger's recent death?

No doubt it is very sad. Since I don't know all of the details, I can hardly comment on it. I feel very bad for his girlfriend, and their daughter. As well as the rest of his family.
That's all a given, so the rest of my thoughts went to the people asking if his movie was finished. I'm not trying to offend anyone. Trust me, I'm very straight forward. It's just that I can't imagine asking that. Who cares? I mean, in the end, would it have really mattered? Would it have really been such a let-down? She has no father, now. (I could be too sensitive here. I don't know.)

5. What is the worst film you have seen?

A Return to Salem's Lot (1987)

I really dig you, Mr. Michael Moriarty, but damn!

He's great in Law & Order, though.

DESTINY,

or

Which will it be?

A shower of spiders. I love spiders, and hate when people kill them. They kill other insects. I'm the person that catches them, and gets them back outside, safely.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
DESTINY,

or

Which will it be?

A shower of spiders. I love spiders, and hate when people kill them. They kill other insects. I'm the person that catches them, and gets them back outside, safely.
You are like me in that regard. I'd be afraid I'd get electrocuted from eels, even though they're one of my fave bands.

Dude. eels rock.Especially when I need some sleep but then I get that Fresh Feeling.

Not if you lived in Australia we have so many deadly spiders

Ok Back to the real task

1. How old are you?
2. What do you do for a job?
3. Do you have any siblings? if so tell us a bit about them
4. Do you have any pets? what kind?
5. What is the high light of your life so far?

I will be back

Hi, Ðèstîñy!

I have a few friendly questions to ask you while we heat up the briquets.

1. You spend a lot of time here at the site, especially composing our wonderful games. What does Movie Forums mean to you?

I don't know. It's the only board I've cared to stay on. I've tried many. I'm on a couple others, kind-of. I've been down a lot lately. I keep showing back up, though.

2. I've also noticed that you have been absent a bit lately. I realize that you had some computer problems, but is there anything else you want to share?

One long damn case of depression. Sometimes I'm angry, but for the most part, I'm just tired. I'll snap out of it. Like Dolores Claiborne said, "It was just a bad patch."

3. I believe I read recently that you sleep on a sofa. Is that off-limits, or can you tell us why?

I remember that post. I stayed up late, working on the game, and was too tired to make my bed up. So I crashed, watching a movie.

4. What are your fave movies set in Tennessee, and what kind of "secret information" can you share about them?

I know nothing! Holden's the one with all the movie news.

The only movies that I can think of for now are . . .

Coal Miner's Daughter (1980)
Sweet Dreams (1985)

I have, but have not viewed . . .

The Rainmaker (1997)
Walk the Line (2005)
The Sacketts (1979)

I'm sure I am forgetting some.

Thank you!
Some people wouldn't agree with you on that.
I LOVE helping people, as well as doing things to make them happy. I like it when people can have fun. It's just who I am. I can get on to people as well, though. No doubt. The best description I have ever heard about myself, and I've heard it numerous times . . . She is the sweetest girl you will ever meet . . . just don't piss her off! There is no denying when I'm angry, and it usually takes a split second to show. I've had people ask me if I'm mad, and I say, "Trust me, you would know. So would half the city." It's when I'm down, that you won't usually know about it. I seem to get into this sarcastic mood, and make everyone around me laugh. Whatever works, I suppose.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
my sole question is why is away from her one of your top movies? i know my reasoning but i want to hear it from someone else who loves this as much as i do

Certifiably troglodytic.
Hi, Ðèstîñy!
Greetings, my fellow Volunteer! I'll hurl a few (questions) at you here if you don't mind:

-Have you ever seen The River (1984), (with a good part of it filmed right in my hometown in Tennessee)? If so, what did you think of it?

I'll concur with Mark on the above.....anyway.....

-What keeps you in Big Orange country? Job? Family? Friends? How did you get there to begin with?

-What is the best thing about Tennessee/Southern culture? What is the worst thing?

-Where would you want to live if you weren't in Tennessee?

-Will either Vol basketball team go all the way this year in the NCAA tournament?

Who is your favorite MOFO?

Mr. Holden Pike

Yes, I know that isn't a picture of him. It's a cool shot though, ain't it!?!

...and why?

Well, we get along real well. *knocks on wood!* He's seen, and likes many of the same films I have. Hey, I was just happy to find someone else on this planet, that knew these movies existed. Yes, I know, I like a lot of crap, as well. I plan to watch Xanadu one day, and see what that's all about. I have yet to hate any movie that he has suggested, or likes. I'm thinking it will be Xanadu. hehe Discovering all these new films, new to me, is a lot of fun. I really enjoy, and appreciate that. He takes a lot of time out of his own life, to share his movie knowledge with all of us. Thank you!

Now, there are many sweet people on this board, so I hope no one takes any offense. There are also two other people on this board, that I am close to. Gummo, and Sci-Fi-Guy. The thing is, we don't really even speak here. I know Sci-Fi-Guy elsewhere, and we would get banned, if we posted like that on this board. Miss. Gummo, we haven't talked in a long time. I think this time around, both of our lives got crazy at the same time. I do hope you are doing OK, and we should try to catch up soon.

Hello

1). Why don't you want to watch Death Proof?
2). Who was your favorite character in Steel Magnolias and why?
3). Are you an outside in the sunlight or outside in the moonlight type of person?

Not if you lived in Australia we have so many deadly spiders

I was waiting on you, to come in and say that.

Ok Back to the real task

1. How old are you?

38!

2. What do you do for a job?

It use to be childcare. For soooo many years. I became very burned out on that. Landscaping is what I prefer now, and finishing up on raising 3 great kids. One down, two to go!

3. Do you have any siblings? if so tell us a bit about them

An older sister, an older step-brother, who I haven't seen since I was 13 (or maybe 15), and an older step-bitch, who I don't care to see. (No comment!)

4. Do you have any pets? what kind?

Nine cats, one dog, one fish . . . and a partridge in a pear tree.

5. What is the high light of your life so far?

My kids, no doubt!

I will be back

I will be waiting!

my sole question is why is away from her one of your top movies? i know my reasoning but i want to hear it from someone else who loves this as much as i do

My second aunt, my grandmother's sister, my mother's aunt, died of it this past November. About 3 weeks before I watched it. She was in Florida. I spent a lot of time around her, while we lived down there. Until I was roughly 13. You can learn a lot from this movie. What to look for, and all. They did a great job. All of them. It was very sad, but a great film, none-the-less. My uncle loved my aunt, like he loved her.

Most people aren't that lucky.

Put me in your pocket...
and finishing up on raising 3 great kids. One down, two to go![/i]
Can you tell us a little about your kids? Names? Ages? Grades? What they like to do?

You said you had one down. Does that mean one's in College or out on their own already? If so...was it hard for you to let go when she/or he first left?

Are you married?
If so, how many years and how did you meet your husband?
If not, are you dating anyone or are you happy with your life without a partner and not looking/interested?

Nine cats!? Wow...what are their names? And, are they indoor or outdoor cats?

I am half agony, half hope.
Why didn't you finish getting grilled?

How much food do nine cats eat?

What do you and your kids do for laughs?

What high school did you graduate from? What was the mascot?

Johann von Goethe

1. If you could, would you?
2. If your soulmate was a redneck republican with rabies would you change souls or parties or get a stomach shot?
3. Why?
4. Why Not?
5. Serious time: Where in the Hell is Waldo?