The Kite Runner

→ in
Tools    

Did anyone here see this movie? I loved the book but I thought the film was absolutely horrible. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The story was rushed and lazy not to mention VERY cheesy at times. I also thought the characters were very flat. Yeah I know it's hard to squeeze the entire book into a 2 hour movie but come on, they left out like 60 percent.

The Kite Runner should win an Oscar! It's perfect in every sense, the story, the script, the acting, the cinematography... One would never guess it was filmed in China. The story of two childhood friends and what follows in their adult lives will leave a lasting impression. The depiction of life in Afghanistan under the Taliban is all too real and horrifying. I have not read the book, but I have seen comments that put down the movie because "the book is always better"... It doesn't really matter. No one put down "Gone With The Wind" because it wasn't true to the book! As a matter of fact, it won the Academy Award for best picture and several other Oscars. I think this movie is brilliant - BRAVO to the writer and director, and the actors!

Watched it the other night. Here are my condensed thoughts.

It’s a strong film that really watches as if it were a novel. I haven’t read the book so I have no comparisons to offer. It’s a real feel good happy film with very Steven Spielberg designed tear jerker moments which was part of the problem of the film for me, and what I imagine is the mass appeal for others…

High Lights: the enjoyment of seeing an Afghanistan pre soviet invasion and the education of a country that I am sorry to say I have little knowledge of. Visually its rather pleasing as well.

Low points: the cheese factor. Most noteably the dramatic climax action scene. Was overplayed, unrealistic and was taken over by dramtic value rather than plot resolution.

If you like the sound of it, liked the trailer, your going to like the film. From what i've heard from others, if you liked the book then u'll be dissapointed.

6/10.