Cloverfield

Tools    

I was actually thinking if we would move this thread here. Ya'know since the first trailer will hit theaters next week.

Now, who didn't have the slightest clue that this was always named Cloverfield? I mean, how could you not know??? Who would give a title of 1-18-08 to a film anyways?

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I was actually thinking if we would move this thread here. Ya'know since the first trailer will hit theaters next week.

Now, who didn't have the slightest clue that this was always named Cloverfield? I mean, how could you not know??? Who would give a title of 1-18-08 to a film anyways?

....ummm, you mean the second trailer? or do you consider the first one really just a teaser (which it could have been)?

And I think that would be a cool name, certainly something people would remember too. Cloverfield makes me think of another movie that wouldn't have sounded quite so good if they had called it Rosebud, but would have sorta worked as a title.

At this point though, I'm just trying not to get hyped up on the flick, lest I am disappointed...

....ummm, you mean the second trailer? or do you consider the first one really just a teaser (which it could have been)?

And I think that would be a cool name, certainly something people would remember too....
The previous one before Transformers was the 'Teaser' (obviously). The one before Beouwolf is trailer#1 . The film is titled Cloverfield.

This still looks pretty interesting to me, I've been reading a lot of stuff about some plot lines I think that may be what's in the next trailer. I take it that there will not be an official trailer until some one u-tubes it? Have you been to the site lately jrs? Has anything changed?

I don't understand; the thread you linked to is in this exact same forum. How would we "move" it here, and why?

J.J. Abrams sure seems like the type. Anyway, people could "not know" because the title had not been announced.

The previous one before Transformers was the 'Teaser' (obviously). The one before Beouwolf is trailer#1 . The film is titled Cloverfield.
Has this been confirmed anywhere? Last I checked there were only rumors.

That's what I thought. I read that exact report awhile ago and filed it under "let's see." Perhaps it's accurate, and perhaps the title will be Cloverfield. I'd bet on it, even, if I had to choose. But that doesn't make it a fact. Not yet.

Yeah, I agree. I assume then you've see all the stuff from the AICN site? They've been pretty on top of it from the beginning. You really got to hand it to J.J. I think the way he and his team have gotten interest flowing in this flick is pretty original. And I'm pretty excited to see what the end result is.

I don't understand; the thread you linked to is in this exact same forum. How would we "move" it here, and why?
I misworded it, but since the movie is actually called Cloverfield, I just had the thought of restarting a new thread (which I meant to do and say).

J.J. Abrams sure seems like the type. Anyway, people could "not know" because the title had not been announced.

J.J. Abrams first of all wouldn't give a title of 1-18-08.....looking back at teasers, when titles are not shown at the time the date is just placed. (ie.1-18-08). Although it hasn't been shown in theaters yet, what else do you think it's called?

I misworded it, but since the movie is actually called Cloverfield, I just had the thought of restarting a new thread (which I meant to do and say).
I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

J.J. Abrams first of all wouldn't give a title of 1-18-08.....looking back at teasers, when titles are not shown at the time the date is just placed. (ie.1-18-08).
We didn't know that, though; because no title was shown, people were left to speculate as to whether the date and the title were one and the same.

As for Abrams; there's really no way of knowing whether or not he'd give his film such an unusual title. What we do know, however, is that everything else about the film (and its marketing) has been highly unusual.

Although it hasn't been shown in theaters yet, what else do you think it's called?
I think it's probably going to be called Cloverfield, but a guess (even a good one) is obviously not the same as a fact.