BITTER MOON a Roman Polanski film

→ in
Tools    

BITTER MOON
R / 2 hour & 19 min / Fine line features

Lets just call it bitter sex and at almost 2 1/2 hours it's just a tad to long it takes place on a ocean liner around new years eve and concerns four characters Hugh Grant, Emmanuelle Seigner, Kristin Scott-Thomas and Peter Coyote as the main protaganest who tells his life story in flashbacks to Grant. The film lets you image instead of showing what kind of things are going on in his past life and on the boat you never really know whats going to happen it's like a soap opera with suspence Roman Polanski directed it and it has some nice touches he also produced it and help write it.

If you like Polanski's style then I think you should go for it but if you not that big on him I'd go with his more easlier to get a hold of movie such as Chinatown or Rosemary's Baby

A very minor film from a once great filmmaker. It's pretty average stuff, and from Polanski that's a major disappoinment. It isn't an all-out epic disaster like Pirates (not much is), but it's not very good either.

Since building to his masterpiece, Chinatown, Polanski has only made two really good films: Tess and Death & the Maiden. Frantic and The Tenant are OK, better than Bitter Moon anyway, but his promising career was basically aborted long ago. The reasons are known to all and understandable, but it's still sad.

I found Bitter Moon to be mostly forgettable, and crushingly average. It may as well have been a made-for-cable TV potboiler.

*and for anyone who doesn't know, actress Emmanuelle Seigner has been married to Roman since 1989. She's co-starred in his Frantic, Bitter Moon and The Ninth Gate
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Yeah I wouldn't say it was that bad but it's not that great either it's not as good as Frantic but I like as much as The Tanant and I agree with you on Tess and Death & the Maiden but I'd like to add one more to that list The Ninth Gate but I really enjoyed it cause of Depp I think the guy is super cool
________
Hyde Park Residence 2 Condo Pattaya

The Ninth Gate could have been good, but it was about half of a movie. It was OK, but could have been so much more than it was. I think The Tenant is a better flick, but of course neither can hold a candle to Rosemary's Baby.

I wouldn't recommend wasting much time with Bitter Moon. If you hit it while surfing through cable one night, it's a mild diversion at best. But I wouldn't even spend the $4 on a rental for the thing.

Originally posted by Holden Pike
The Ninth Gate could have been good, but it was about half of a movie. It was OK, but could have been so much more than it was.
Amen (no pun intended). That movie frustrated me...felt like it gave up and started winging it 3/4ths of the way through.