The Godfather Returns & The Godfather's Revenge

Tools    

I know Coppola himself talked about it when part 3 was released, but he was smart enough to let it go. For me, part 3 was OK, and it kind of anticipated what would happen next (Michael's son will be drawn into world of mafia to help the family, history repeating itself), so making another one would be redundant. Even if Coppola directs it, I'm against it.

I'm against it too, but if the cast was solid enough and it looked extremely promising, I'd give it a hesitant look.

See the trailer here:

I know Coppola himself talked about it when part 3 was released, but he was smart enough to let it go. For me, part 3 was OK, and it kind of anticipated what would happen next (Michael's son will be drawn into world of mafia to help the family, history repeating itself), so making another one would be redundant. Even if Coppola directs it, I'm against it.
Oh if it is so...too bad for the movie because people hate redundant scene, it lessen the excitement...

I think they should leave well enough alone....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

fbi
i hope its not going to be one of those overrated epics that got praised just cos of the name and genre like road to perdition.

Godfather 1 was great. Marlon brando is the don of actors.

Yeah I agree. 3 was not that bad. It is demonised as the worst wart in film history but that is total over reaction.
This new stuff sounds pretty dodgy. The title is almost as rediculous as World War 2. The Godfather Return's : The Holy Killer Raaaaaaar
Why not Godfather VS Godzilla that could be good.

Cant wait.. I hope they still decide to make them.. Last I've heard, they still are..

The Godfather Returns & The Godfather's Revenge

Whatever next?

Stop! or my Godfather Will Shoot?
I think it would be a good idea to reboot the Godfather franchise..

Well, each to their own I guess.
The reason I think that is because The Godfather is classic no matter what happens.. It will always be known for its greatness.. if they made two more godfather movies, I dont see the harm it would do..

My concern is that if they balls it up, the rest of the franchise will be undermined. Look what happened to the 'Alien' franchise.
I think all the Alien films are good..
AVP sucked, but AVPR was awesome..

I think all the Alien films are good..
AVP sucked, but AVPR was awesome..
Hmmm,

ok I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. in my opinion only the first two 'Alien' films are classics. To me the 'AVP' films have made a mockery of the whole franchise.

I think the big studios need to be a bit more creative, and stop resurrecting old franchises just to make a quick buck. It's cynical fan exploitation, and shows a complete lack of imagination. New Godfather films might well be good, but I think it's highly unlikely that they'll match up to the originals, even part III.

Hmmm,

ok I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. in my opinion only the first two 'Alien' films are classics. To me the 'AVP' films have made a mockery of the whole franchise.

I think the big studios need to be a bit more creative, and stop resurrecting old franchises just to make a quick buck. It's cynical fan exploitation, and shows a complete lack of imagination. New Godfather films might well be good, but I think it's highly unlikely that they'll match up to the originals, even part III.
I know what you mean.. Its up to Speilberg, Peter Jackson, Michael Bay, Tarintino, Rodriguez, Zack Snyder, and Frank Miller to make those fresh ideas...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Yet again Hollywood is making MORE sequels for gods sake there is only a hand full of directors/writers who come up with new fresh ideas, IMO thats what people want to see not rehashed films from the past or more sequels to already supurb franchises!

Who watches the Watchbear?
I can't say I've read the books - but I have read the Godfather, as well as started a couple other Mario Puzo books.. so when I saw sequels written by some other dude I was not so inclined to pick them up. If movies do happen, I'll read the books and see the movies regardless... and just hope for the best.

My mind just went to a terrible place and thought of Hannibal Rising. Oh god.

Dear Hollywood: howsabout some original stories, plz? I'm pretty set without sequels after 18 years have passed without one...