BobbyB's Top 100 Movies

→ in
Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I figured it's time I started a list. Everyone else has done one it seems like, and it's been too long since we had one person's top 100.

Here we go.

"We soldiers dig. We dig all day. This is the hole that we will fight and die in. Am I digging my own grave?"

100. Letters From Iwo Jima

"A week ago I bought a rifle, I went to the store - I bought a rifle! I was gonna, you know, if they told me I had a tumor, I was gonna kill myself. The only thing that might-ve stopped me - MIGHT'VE - is that my parents would be devastated. I would have to shoot them also, first. And then I have an aunt and uncle - you know - it would've been a blood bath."

99. Hannah and Her Sisters

"Okay, let me get this straight: you gonna go fight a dragon and rescue a princess just so Farquaad'll give you back your swamp, which you only don't have 'cos he filled it full of freaks in the first place, is that about right?"

98. Shrek

"We live in the trenches out there. We fight. We try not to be killed, but sometimes we are. That's all."

97. All Quiet on the Western Front

"As the sound of the playgrounds faded, the despair set in. Very odd, what happens in a world without children's voices."

96. Children of Men

"I love America. America gave me wings."

95. Rescue Dawn

"People are gonna drink. You know that, I know that, we all know that. All I do is act on that."

94. The Untouchables

"What do you wanna know about rockets?"
"Everything."

93. October Sky

"You turned her against me!"

92. Revenge of the Sith

"I am no longer attracted to you. NOT!"

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

Rip away, while I compile the rest LOL

I love Hannah and Her Sisters.

See the trailer here:

A system of cells interlinked
Oh, it's gonna happen....

Not seeing how Children of Men comes in after the steaming pile of sith...

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Oh, it's gonna happen....

Not seeing how Children of Men comes in after the steaming pile of sith...
Well, this is more a favorites list than anything. I know Children of Men is a much better movie, but I find Sith in my DVD player more often than Children of Men. Children of Men is more a "Mood" movie, whereas Sith I can just sit back and watch with a bowl of popcorn.

I didn't like The Untouchables, personally. It's one of those films that everybody loves except for me... lol

Same case with Borat. But I agree with Sedai, Children of Men was great.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
"We have a house in Jersey. We have two kids, Annie and Josh. Annie's not much of a violin player, but she tries real hard. She's a little precocious, but that's only because she says what's on her mind. And when she smiles...And Josh, he has your eyes. He doesn't say much, but we know he's smart. He's always got his eyes open, he's always watching us. Sometimes you can look at him and you just know he's learning something new. It's like witnessing a miracle. The house is a mess but it's ours. After 122 more payments, it's going to be ours. And you, you're a non-profit lawyer. That's right, you're completely non-profit, but that doesn't seem to bother you. And we're in love. After 13 years of marriage we're still unbelievably in love. You won't even let me touch you until I've said it. I sing to you. Not all the time, but definitely on special occasions. We've dealt with our share of surprises and made a lot of sacrifices but we've stayed together. You see, you're a better person than I am. And it made me a better person to be around you. I don't know, maybe it was just all a dream. Maybe I went to bed one lonely night in December and I imagined it all. But I swear, nothing has ever felt more real. And if you get on that plane right now, it'll disappear forever. I know we could both go on with our lives and we'd both be fine, but I've seen what we could be like together. And I choose us."

90. The Family Man

"Why do you hate them so much?"
"They beat up on a weakling, and that's all they did. The rest is just smoke-filled coffee-house crap. They tortured and tormented a weaker kid. They didn't like him. So, they killed him. And why? Because he couldn't run very fast."

89. A Few Good Men

"My head says listen to my tail, my tail says listen to my head, and I just... end up with an upset stomach."

88. Over the Hedge

"Am I supposed to be a man, am I supposed to say, it's OK, I don't mind. I don't mind. Well I mind! I mind big time! And you know what the worst part is? I NEVER LEARNED TO READ."
"Is that true?"
"Yes, everything except the reading part."

87. Wayne's World

"Meg, my little flower, my little bird, my little *nut*-Meg. What exactly happened here? I thought you were gonna persuade the river guardian to join my team for the uprising and here I am sort of... river-guardian-less."

86. Hercules

I don't care what you guys say, Hercules is funny and one of the better animated films of the 90s.

I like this so far (SO FAR!), seems pretty diverse. I mean you start it off with Letters from Iwo Jima then go on to Hercules! Interesting.

Well, this is more a favorites list than anything. I know Children of Men is a much better movie, but I find Sith in my DVD player more often than Children of Men. Children of Men is more a "Mood" movie, whereas Sith I can just sit back and watch with a bowl of popcorn.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
"Good morning! And in case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening and good night."

85. Truman Show

"Do you know more people die in the East Bay commute every three months than that idiot ever killed? He offed a few citizens, wrote a few letters, then faded into footnote...Not that I haven't been sitting here idly, waiting for you to drop by and reinvigorate my sense of purpose."

84. Zodiac

"He won't shoot you because he enjoys you too much. He enjoys you so much he won't even let you wear the star. He doesn't want anyone to know it's a Jew he's enjoying. He shot the woman from the steps because she meant nothing to him. She was just one of a series neither offending him or pleasing him."

83. Schindler's List

"So that was Mrs. Lundegaard on the floor in there. And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper. And those three people in Brainerd. And for what? For a little bit of money. There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don't you know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well, I just don't understand it."

82. Fargo

"Impressive. Most impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me."

81.The Empire Strikes Back

I didn't like The Untouchables, personally. It's one of those films that everybody loves except for me... lol

Same case with Borat. But I agree with Sedai, Children of Men was great.
Not alone. I don't like The Untouchables very much. It does have some well directed scenes in it though, lifted or not... I guess it depends on whether or not I feel like dealing with DePalma or not. I don't know, I guess I would want to watch Blow Out if I wanted to watch DePalma...

Meanwhile:

Awesome list so far, and I love all the quotes!

Not alone. I don't like The Untouchables very much. It does have some well directed scenes in it though, lifted or not... I guess it depends on whether or not I feel like dealing with DePalma or not. I don't know, I guess I would want to watch Blow Out if I wanted to watch DePalma...

Meanwhile:

Awesome list so far, and I love all the quotes!

For sure... if I want De Palma, I'll go with Scarface personally. I thought Costner was TERRIBLE in The Untouchables, and the whole film carried this terrible cartoonish vibe, in my opinion.

For sure... if I want De Palma, I'll go with Scarface personally. I thought Costner was TERRIBLE in The Untouchables, and the whole film carried this terrible cartoonish vibe, in my opinion.
Oi, Scarface. Another one I can't get through these days. I know I am in the minority there!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It seems so long ago that my list was done, after seeing this one (which is great by the way) I'm thinking of updating my own. Which I think all MOFOS should.

Interesting list so far, with films like Fargo and Empire already up there, I'm interested in seeing what's coming up next.

Suspect's Reviews

Hands down, this is the worst 100 Greatest Movies list ever and you need to start watching some better movies, now. Go to AFI.com and look at their top 100 list for some films that blow most of yours out of the water. If this is your 100 Favorite films ever, thats cool. But if your saying these 100 are the greatest ever, get out from under your rock and start watching some real ****** movies.

Hands down, this is the worst 100 Greatest Movies list ever and you need to start watching some better movies, now. Go to AFI.com and look at their top 100 list for some films that blow most of yours out of the water. If this is your 100 Favorite films ever, thats cool. But if your saying these 100 are the greatest ever, get out from under your rock and start watching some real ****** movies.
They're his favorites, he's not saying they're the best.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Look at the title. These are my 100. Look at my post to Sedai about Children of Men and Sith.

This isn't your 100, or AFI's 100, these are mine. These are my favorite movies.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
"I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart! You broke my heart!"

80. The Godfather Part II

"Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself."

79. Good Will Hunting

"The power of the sun, in the palm of my hand! "

78. Spider-Man 2

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I know what love is."

77. Forrest Gump

"Everything you have seen here, has been an illusion."

76. The Illusionist

I like this list so far... very different movies.