The Nines

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Here is the trailer for the upcoming flick "The Nines". Starring Ryan Reynolds and Hope Davis.....this looks beyond weird to me.

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/94...09/vids_1.html

Suspect's Reviews

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I pucked this movie up on a whim. I liked the look of the cover. After reading the synopsis, I didn't think I'd actually watch it. It sounded like one of those inside your mind movies I can stand.

Just for the heck of it, I watched it and was really surprised. It's a very interesting and entertaining film. I expected at ten minutes in to be saying, "What is going on? This is stupid. I quit." Instead I was saying, "Um, this is fun. I want to know what happens next."

Yes, the storyline is pretty out there but the characters particularly those played by Melissa McCarthy and Ryan Reynolds really are interesting if sometimes the action is seemingly inexplicable.

The writing is at turns, amusing, quirky and compelling. I really am glad I saw the film. What a nice New Year surprise!

I am half agony, half hope.
I really enjoyed this film. So much so, that I viewed it again the next day. Ryan Reynolds was the draw for me, he's really very good, and the storyline kept me interested. It wasn't what I was expecting.
It will definitely be in my top 100 (coming to a forum near you in 2009).

Johann von Goethe

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
Yea, I saw ryan reynolds on the cover of an actually legit looking movie and about died with happiness. I rented it, loved it, and now own it. If you get the dvd, make sure to check out the short film called God starring Melissa McCarthy that was the original inspiration for the film. Actually all the special features are really great if you have the time to explore them.

And remember everybody-be nice to koalas

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
OMG! That short was GREAT! Thanks for mentioning it. I've watches many of the special features now but not all and I'm out of time. I'll have to get it again. It's such a good movie I might watch it all over again.