The Guardian moan about lack of classic films being shown on TV

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
I think the article answers itself - who needs movies on tv if you've got Lovefilm?
True that. Film4 isn't bad either but I've always been of the mind to watch what I want when I want to, rather than sift through TV listings in the hope of hitting on something interesting...

Nice to see no one has commented about the Guardian paper! I mean does anyone trust their opinion! Having said that the tv over here in the UK seems to be 24hour cookery programmes at the moment... they will go out of fashion and the movies will come back it all goes in circles...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Nice to see no one has commented about the Guardian paper! I mean does anyone trust their opinion!
Personally, I never take anything the Guardian has to say too seriously, but then that goes for The Daily Mail, The Independent, The Sun and many others...

If Guardian readers really want more classic movies on tv then they need to get TCM. I have seen loads of classic films since getting TCM (and Skyplus, so I can watch them when I want...)