Uprising..who saw it?

Tools    

Did anybody see this miniseries Sunday and Monday night on NBC? I didn't watch it but I did tape it and I wanted to know if it was worth my time to watch it or not..anybody that has seen it that would be willing to give their input would be greatly appreciated.

At first I thought that it was just an attempt to capitalize on the events of September 11th as more of a propaganda type of piece. When I first saw it I was like oh here we go again another movie about the Holocaust and WWII that we've seen done much better and much more brilliantly before (IE Shindler's List) but then I saw all of the great actors that were surrounding themselves with the project like Jon Voight and so I thought that it might actually be a good movie and so I taped it just in case.

It is very "timely" I guess in the wake of 9/11 to have a movie about the Jews overcoming certain hardships and the Holocaust but by and large I'm tired of hearing that story because it's been told so well with Shindler's List that I don't think any other Jewish triumph over tyranny type of movie can be as good and not just Jewish but that movie so exemplified the struggle of a people against tyranny that I dare say it would be hard to make a better example of any group of people fighting against tyranny and the realization of death and destruction by an oppressive regime than that movie.

So, I guess what Im trying to say is that Im totally up to seeing the movie and watching it but I just want to know if its actually a good movie or just another one of those mediocre TV melodramas we hear so much about all the time? Thanks GUYS!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I haven't seen it, and I'm like you, it looks good, but looks can be decieving.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg