The 400 Blows

→ in
Tools    

The 400 Blows, In my opinion Is a great movie from France.Directed by Francois Truffant.The 400 Blows Is about a young adolescent who slowly starts a life of crime and the parents have to take It In there own hands. I find the movie powerful and amazing the way the story keeps building and building. Im not going to say this Is for everyone because everyone Is different, But give It a shot.

Quite frankly, as much as I love Truffaut, he's extremely overrated. Godard did more with cinema and took it in different directions. Truffaut, although, was a better storyteller. But anyway, The 400 Blows is indeed a great film. If you enjoy Truffaut, I suggest Jules and Jim.

Good pic. Excellent film. What do you think of the sequels?

Sequel? I wasnt aware there was a Sequel to the 400 blows.This was my only Truffaut films I have seen sadly.

Godard did more with cinema and took it in different directions.
Remember that Godard had an immense amount of respect for Truffaut, and the two kind of bounced things off of each other as time went on. On The 400 Blows, Godard said that it was "the freest kind of movie," or something along those lines. The point is i dont think you can put one over the other when the two contemporaries were so integral to one another.

As for my own opinion, i dont think anyone will argue that the The 400 Blows is a fantastic flick. Its an impressive portrait of what it is to be 13. I think my favorite part would be the final 3 minute sequence, then the freeze frame at the end.

Sequel? I wasnt aware there was a Sequel to the 400 blows.This was my only Truffaut films I have seen sadly.
There's three sequels about the main character Antoine and his relationships (and a 30 minute segment in 'L Amour a vingt ans' which I haven't seen)
If you live in the UK I think they've been showing on Sky Cinema recently.

I definitely recommend you see them, and other Truffaut films such as Jules and Jim.