Is a Passion of the Christ Sequel in the Works

Tools    

According to MoviesOnline.ca, Easter of 2007 is when we supposed can expect to see a seqeul to the Passion of the Christ. The last movie was controversial enough without a sequel. Being developed by Sony it is being called The Passion of the Christ 2: The Resurrection.

Now I don't know about anyone else, but I myself find this to be totally and utterly ridiculous.

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
Originally Posted by jrs
According to MoviesOnline.ca, Easter of 2007 is when we supposed can expect to see a seqeul to the Passion of the Christ. The last movie was controversial enough without a sequel. Being developed by Sony it is being called The Passion of the Christ 2: The Resurrection.

Now I don't know about anyone else, but I myself find this to be totally and utterly ridiculous.
Hhahaha. They should call it Jesus: Reloaded

how about Return of the Christ?

jesus strikes back?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Jesus: the Revenge. This time it's personal.

I think that Mel Gibson should play Jesus this time and he can go on a Lethal Weapon like rampage of revenge.

"They thought they'd killed him. But they were wrong...DEAD wrong. He's back and holier than ever, and this time he's out for revenge. This easter, they'll all learn that you don't @*&# with The Jesus..."

Maybe Alan Rickman could play Hans Gruber Pilate.

Worst Idea Ever.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Lost in never never land
I agree that is a bad idea. And I am suprised that Mel Gibson would make a sequel. The first one was technically about money, but the only motivation that I can see for making this one is money.

Attack of the Killer Jesus zombie.

Ridiculous idea!

Someone needs their fill.
Jesus vs. Darwin...this summer, F%$# what you know about evolution.

I think it would be brilliant.

Wuv,tru wuv will forrow you forevah
I really hope this don't happen. It would be just plain ridiculous

You know they should really leave well enough alone on this one. Where are they gonna go with it?

There are those who call me...Tim.
Jesus 2: Die Harder

Jesus 2: Apocalypse

Or they could do prequels; Jesus Begins, Jesus: The Phantom Menace

If Jesus: Reloaded gets made they should have a montage of him training for the battle of Armageddon: doing push ups with Mary Madgeline on his back, jump-roping on water, doing pull ups on the cross.

i doubt it will happen with what just happened with mel gibson saying those racist things..
Just a dog? Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's just a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, "He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man", or "That's not a diamond, it's just a rock." Just.

www.forumninja.com
Jesus Christ 2: Jesus HARDER

No, quite the contrary. The New Passion of the Christ film will give Mel Gibson more of an excuse to be anti-semitic. I'm betting his Psychiatrist will recomment this type of treatment.

Anyways, the best jokes have been made thus far. Please stop trying.

www.forumninja.com
Originally Posted by Reservoir Drought
Please stop trying.
Special for you:

Morgan Freeman in... Christ Almighty

I'm sure myself and many other Christians will look forward to this one. I believe it will be based on the Book of Acts. As for being ridiculous.............that is the furthest thing from my mind.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Actually, I dunno, Escape. I just don't see how a sequel of any kind would work. It would have to be so entirely different in feel and scope -- more like an old Cecil B. DeMille biblical epic with a wider story than just 12 particular hours.

Focusing on just the crucifixion was a very specific task. Anything else wouldn't even be the same in any way.

IMHO.

Originally Posted by Austruck
Actually, I dunno, Escape. I just don't see how a sequel of any kind would work. It would have to be so entirely different in feel and scope -- more like an old Cecil B. DeMille biblical epic with a wider story than just 12 particular hours.

Focusing on just the crucifixion was a very specific task. Anything else wouldn't even be the same in any way.

IMHO.
Yeah I dont know. Depends on what the person is looking for I guess. To me, this next one will have a level of it's own however i'm interested in seeing how far of a Catholic theme he will take it to. For example, will the Holy Eucharist be shown to a greater extent than a protestant Christian would want when it comes to the early Christians breaking Bread?

Honestly, when I first heard of another film, I was hoping for more of a prequel than sequel.

I think that Jesus is going to take over Holywood make it HOLYwood. Praise God.