Red Sun, Black Sand

Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Does anyone know anything about this movie? All I know is that it's about WWII from a Japanease soldier's perspective. Directed by Clint Eastwood. Does anyone have any trailers or anything for it? It sounds interesting

It does sound very interesting. I like the fact that Eastwood's made two films about World War II, one from a Japanese soldier's perspective, as you said, and one from an American's perspective with Flags of Our Fathers. I can't find a trailer for either of them yet, but hopefully some will be up soon.

I think both films stand a damn good chance of being up for nomination for Best Picture at 2006's Oscars.

Ditto. However, I stil cant bring myself to watch any of his war movies yet, because the ones that ARENT clear shoe-ins for depicting human misery still do with such clarity that you'd have to be dead not to feel anything. Now imagine taking that level of grit and attaching it to a war epic - scary.

It would be all-star, but I'd need my box of tissues.

Is he shooting these back-to-back and releasing them in the same year?

I'm intrigued by both films, but IMDB has Flags being released on October 20, and Red Sun in December. I know Eastwood is a machine and all, but I can't help but wonder how he's going to finish the two so fast (although, I really don't see them being released 2 months apart, he doesn't want to compete against himself now does he?)...

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
You know what I think would be great? If he followed the Schindlers List theme and shoot the films in black and white. Spielberg is co-producing Flags Of Our Fathers with Eastwood

I just know they're coming to kill me.
First off, here are some photos from the set for you all to drool over.

And yeah, I too wonder if both films will merge with sharing characters during the invasion, or if both films will totally omit the other and strictly be told through one sides story only.

I personally think it'd be great if he'd release them both the same day.