Coming soon....Travis' Top 100

→ in
Tools    

After seeing quite a few Top 100 lists I thought it'd be a good idea if I had a crack at doing one so...this list will probably be really difficult for me, I'm going to start organising it tonight, but probably won't start posting it until tomorrow or a bit later this week.

Don't pay too much attention to the order, it'll probably be a right mess!

Can't wait to see it expecialy since ur username is the character from my favorite movie of all time

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
Can't wait to see it expecialy since ur username is the character from my favorite movie of all time
Yeah Taxi Driver will be well up there, not sure about 1st though.

I've just started trying to order some films, but I really am finding it extremely difficult.

Randomly visiting for now
woah that's a monster task Travis, but give it a go anyway. If I could give you rep I would Can't wait to see your list, I love finding a gem in people's top 20 movies that I haven't seen or heard of, cause I always end up loving it.

There's something about people's Top 100 lists on here i always enjoy, probably because they're the films people enjoy over critically popular films.

So Travis. Hurry up bitch.

I've started ordering it now....and it's very hard, but I should finish the ordering by tomorrow night and start posting them on here if I have the time

Here we go, maybe I've rushed it a bit, I've missed out many films, and now I'm not so sure about the order. Oh well....here goes

100. Angel Heart

Masterpiece. De Niro gives on of his most eccentric performances.

99. Cape Fear (1962)

Better than the remake, Robert Mitchum at his best.

98. Hud

Truly brilliant film, with some fine performances.

97. Seven

Very dark thriller, one of the best films of the 90s.

96. A Bridge Too Far

Brilliant and very realistic.

95. Memento

Absolutely amazing and surprising film.

94. The Exorcist

One of the most frightening films I've seen.

93. Dark City

Very dark, very underrated sci-fi masterpiece.

92. Carlito's Way

Not as good as Scarface, but still brilliant.

91. Dirty Harry

You gotta ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky....well do ya punk? Classic.

Well I'll post the next 10 later on...

history *is* moralizing
wow,
Seven
Memento
so low on the list...
tous les goûts sont dans la nature, like they say in Frogland...

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
wow,
Seven
Memento
so low on the list...
tous les goûts sont dans la nature, like they say in Frogland...
Yeah, maybe you won't agree with a lot of my list, I'll post the next 10 up now.

90. Donnie Brasco

Brilliant gangster drama, superb acting.

89. The Terminator

Better than T2, Arnie is much better as a bad guy.

88. The Pianist

Brilliant story of survival.

87. Gandhi

Ben Kingsley's greatest performance.

86. The Maltese Falcon

A true classic.

Right, I've been really busy so I'm going to post the rest tomorrow and the day after.

I like that you included Angel Heart and Dark City. No one does dangerous and mysterious like Mickey Rourke. And DeNiro as Lou Cipher Rourke is like Bruce Willis except edgier and without the huge commercial success. I was glad to see the great job he did in Sin City. Even if it was under tons of makeup.

I happened to see Dark City again today. What are the chances the Wachowskis stole part of that for The Matrix?
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
There's something about people's Top 100 lists on here i always enjoy, probably because they're the films people enjoy over critically popular films.
i like that too. i was going to try to organize my own list but i can't say for certain if i'd post it. i haven't seen nearly enough film to really have an authentic Top 100...and probably if i make one now, within a few months i'd want to redo it anyway.

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
i like that too. i was going to try to organize my own list but i can't say for certain if i'd post it. i haven't seen nearly enough film to really have an authentic Top 100...and probably if i make one now, within a few months i'd want to redo it anyway.
Yeah, my favourite films can change time to time.

I'm posting the next 15 up now

85. High Plains Drifter

One of Clint Eastwood's greatest films, I love this movie.

84. Twelve Monkeys

One of Gilliam's greatest.

83. The Birds

One of the best horror films ever.

82. Monty Python and the Meaning of Life

Classic, full of hilarious scenes.

81. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Gilliam does a great job, haven't read the book yet, but I definitely have to sometime.

80. Midnight Cowboy

Better than I expected it to be, it's now one of my favourite films of the 60s.

79. The French Connection

Classic cop film.

Don't have much time so I'll post some more later

Sorry I'm only gonna have time to post another couple and that's it until tomorrow.

78. Bonnie and Clyde

Extraordinary film.

77. Straw Dogs

One of Peckinpah's best.

76. The Green Mile

you have a great list going there...where r u come back finish....

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm not a fan of Straw Dogs....but otherwise great list.

Suspect's Reviews