Thir13en Ghosts

Tools    

Alright, who else thinks this movie looks frickin' awesome? I especially like the "Se7enesque" meld of the number and word in the title. The cast looks good, the set looks *amazing*, and of course the basic storyline should be good, as I believe the original (this film is a remake) was critically praised (though I don't know for sure, and haven't seen it)...at the very least, unless they completely messed with the storyline, we shouldn't be greeted with something churned out a month ago overnight.

What's everyone think? I mean, we all know Shannon Elizabeth is worth half the admission...but what about the movie itself? I for one can't wait...I love a good horror movie.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I just saw a spot for this on tv, and I agree with you TWT, it looks awesome. It's produced by Dark Castle who also produced House on Haunted Hill. It looks very good, and I can't wait for this one.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'm indifferent to this movie. It looks ok I guess, who knows, maybe it'll be a masterpiece. The horror movie I'm excited about though, is From Hell. That, my friends, looks awesome. The Hughes brothers, and Johnny Depp. Jay-sus, Mary, Joseph. I can't wait.

From Hell, looks, OK, but 13 Ghosts is running on a more modern storyline. If you read the premise it looks like just another horror movie involving a haunted house, but it's a more fitting flick for Halloween.

I think 14ghosts looks good, and so does from hell, but the hughes brothers did menace 2 soceity and dead presidents, not great movies.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i'm gonna go see this, but the problem IS - made by the folks who did House on HH - well, doesn't it just look like another version?

and once again the trailer is giving away WAY too much info. i already know how/what the house does and don't really need to know WHY.

but yeah, it looked ... interesting at least. worth seeing. but i don't think it'll be scary at all, so that whole halloween pantswetting i was hoping for won't be happening any year soon, i guess.

Originally posted by mecurdius
I think 14ghosts looks good, and so does from hell, but the hughes brothers did menace 2 soceity and dead presidents, not great movies.
Menace II Society is a GREAT movie. It's one of the best movies of the 90's. Dead Presidents is a good flick also. What are you smoking?

I'm not interested in this one at all. I assume it won't be anything like the original 13 Ghosts (not that that matters to me, but nothing I've seen about this new one makes me want to see it).

Now With Moveable Parts
I can't stand these kinds of films. Well actually,i shouldn't say that. Sometimes I'm in the mood for 'em. Not too often though. I'd rather go to the theater to feel good when I come out. I save movies like this for rentals...

13 Ghosts is something of a Halloween flick, imagine that. Most Halloween flicks don't live up to what people expect, but still it fits the mood of the season. I mean if you're expecting an Oliver Stone, Stanley Kubrick, Martin Scorcese, type of film out of this, than I suggest you just go rent one of their movies.

Last Halloween, Blair Witch 2 came out, so what it sucked, but it got viewed simply because it came out around Halloween. People were expecting a repeat of the first, in fact, when I went and saw it, someone left simply because they had the news headlines at the beginning of the flick. I guess they were wanting more than a shaky cam.

For those who saw House on Haunted Hill, what did you think? Thirteen Ghosts is produced by the same company, Dark Castle, which makes me want to believe that this will be along the same lines as Haunted Hill. Wether it does or not is it's decision. The effects look very good, and no doubt Matthew Lillard will be the comic relief for this flick as Chris Kattan was for Haunted Hill. If you ask me, Lillard is the pillar for this movie, he alone can make or break this flick, simply because he IS the comic relief, like it or not. Personally, I don't think Lillard can handle carrying this movie. We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't agree...I think Shalhoub (I might've spelled that incorrectly) is gonna be a big part of it...if he acts all freaked out, it could make me pretty uneasy, and, as a result, scared. I dug "House on Haunted Hill." I thought the ending was quite stupid, but the movie was *very* scary. Not only was it made by the same company, but both flicks are remakes of old William Castle movies...hence the name, Dark Castle Productions (owned and founded by, I think, Joel Silver and Robert Zemeckis to do just such things...produce remakes of his old movies, or new movies in the same spirit as his old ones). I think it'll have the same basic creepiness to it. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Well, he does have a comedic side to him, but if you remember Peter Gallagher was in Haunted Hill, and wasn't the comic relief. Is does look very creepy, and will be interesting to see how well this movie does. The atmosphere this movie needs can only come from the actors, like you said TWT, if they are freaked out, and it's believable, then the audience will be freaked out.

Haunted Hill, the ending was actually clever. I mean yeah it really was meaningless, but still I got a kick out of it.

Dark Castle was, yes, founded by Zemeckis, and Silver. I personally love the companies "movie" they show before their flicks. Sounds awesome on surround.

Well it's more there intro. You know it shows a gargoyle, and then the gargoyle growls and the camera zooms out and its a tall dark castle.

Now With Moveable Parts
Is Shannon Elizabeth that chick from American Pie and Scary Movie? Am I thinking of the right actress? If so, then this is most definately a rental. She's just something for the guys to look at, but a total non-talent. Much like Freddie Prinz Jr. Don't get me wrong,lots of actors are easy on the eyes ( Kirsten Dunst, Brad Pitt, Vince Vaughn) but that's not the limit on their appeal. They can also act.

Yeah, that's the one. I do think she can act...not exactly Oscar's best friend, but adequate. I still think that Shalhoub (however you spell it...you know, Antonio from "Wings") will make or break this one. I heard there was some nudity in this flick, too...$20 says, to my dismay, and that of many other moviegoers, that rather than Elizabeth, it's either one of the ghosts in some weird freaky hardly-there torn clothing, or Matthew Lillard (you KNOW he'd do it!).

Now With Moveable Parts
Oh man! Matthew Lillard is in this movie too? *cringe* How can you think this will be good? Good for nothing is more like it. Ick...not a very impressive line-up if you ask me. Elizabeth can not act. Please...tell me some note-worthy performance that stands out in your head...