Chicken Little

→ in
Tools    

Dont Mess With The BFG
Has anyone seen this movie yet? I saw it with my friends and found it a really funny and cute movie, it could've been more longer. But the movie for me personally is a must see hehe, You'll get laughs out of it no matter what age you are. It's a really great film for everybody, it was really well designed with the characters and the whole plot itself. The sound was really great, adding old songs that'll make you singing along with it. This movie could've been just a little longer but overall I really liked it. I give it a 9/10

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
"Chicken Little is juvenile, with only a few jokes for adults"

After Chicken Little causes widespread panic, when he mistakes a falling acorn for a piece of the sky, the young chicken is determined to restore his reputation and earn respect from his father. But just as things are starting to go his way, a real piece of the sky lands on his head. Chicken Little and his band of misfit friends, Abby Mallard aka Ugly Duckling, Runt of the Litter and Fish Out of Water, attempt to save the world without sending the town into a whole new panic.

With Chicken Little, Disney has it's first chance to prove itself as a company that still has the magic, that it did when the whole 2-d animation was big. With juggernauts such as Dreamworks and Pixar, Disney finds itself in a whole new ball game with CGI films..without the aid of Pixar.

Running under 80 minutes, Little zips across the screen quickly and with the zany movement throughout the entire film, you'd wonder if Mark Dindal knew what he wanted this film to be. It's hard to keep track what is going on in the first 10 minutes because there is so much chaos happening on the screen. If you are not paying attention, you'll miss some jokes that poke fun at pop culture movies.

Chicken Little, like Monsters INC, creates it's own world, full of animals and how they would live...even the kind of cars they would drive. While all this is wonderful to see with the crisp animation of the film, it doesn't stand out all that much to make the viewer happy...unless they're under the age of 12.

Little is a hit for kids, with the lead character being a cute little warm and cuddly thing they will want to have as a toy. All the other characters are extravagant, Runt of the Litter is always paranoid and singing, so kids will love him. Little is a little too juvenile, and tries to balance itself out with pop culture references to War of the Worlds, Raiders of the Lost Arc, Wizard of Oz and even Aliens.

The story isn't all too pleasing because the alien part seems a little forced and out of place in this film. It tries to send out a message about family values, with the father and son figure, buts kids will be too busy laughing at it's kiddie jokes that they will probably miss it.

The voicing is first rate, with Zach Braff leading the team as chicken little himself. Many adults will hear the voices and have fun trying to figure out who they belong too, such as Joan Cusack, Patrick Stewart, Fred Willard, Adam West, Catherin O'Hara, and finally Garry Marshall. Every one does a great job and highlight the film.

The jokes in Little are mostly hit or miss, and when it hits, it hits little. I did chuckle a few times, but at no point did I laugh out loud. The kids will no doubt enjoy it, with it's animal characters being the crowd favourite. Without Pixar, Disney may fall flat, but for now Chicken Little is a decent start to a string of films that will try to showcase that Disney might not need Pixar all that much.

7/10

Suspect's Reviews

Where did you steal that review from?

You heard, pal!

So you mean to say that the review is your own work? In that case, my apologies.

Oh, I don't know. It was just a thought.

The trailer was interesting when I saw it months ago... but I'm not sure I want to see spend my money on juvenile fare. Maybe I'll just wait for the DVD!

Still, the voice-over cast sounds interesting and may be worth it after all.

BTW, any hot animated babes in this movie? Or is Chicken Little basically a genderless icon like the rest of the Disney cartoon characters? If so, he/she will probably fit right into Disneyworld, along with all the rest of Disney's genderless icons! (And I don't mean Michael Jackson!)

District B13
I believe Minny Mouse is almost repulsingly feminin.

Genderless my sod.

Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
I believe Minny Mouse is almost repulsingly feminin.

Genderless my sod.
Lol! How so?