Joy Ride

→ in
Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Saw this today with Steve and Mark. It was fairly ok. It had a decent plot, but some very large problems.

The dialogue was weak, very weak. Also Paul Walker isn't a very good actor. But you see his arse alot, for like 5 minutes straight. But the action sequences involving "Rusty Nail" were PERFECTLY done. They were VERY intense and very well down, but it still wasn't EXTREMELY great.

Now With Moveable Parts
I thought this was a perfect example of a well crafted thriller.I went to get scared...I was scared.I was pleasently surprised to find out that the same director of Red Rock West and the Last Seduction,also directed this movie.That should help you in choosing whether or not to go,it wasn't a teen-scream flick with an obscene body count and gratuitous sex every five minutes;it was an honestly,scary movie.Go see it...it's worthy.I don't know what you want from a thriller OG,as far as what you came there to see,didn't it deliver?You said yourself,the action sequences were intense/well done...what else is there? There's no time for thick plot development...or charactorization...Less talk=more action!Whoo-Hoo!!!!

Now With Moveable Parts
Plot is essential,to other kinds of movies...and for this movie,being that it it's main objective was to scare you,it was pretty heavy handed in the plot department.It could have been so much worse.It could of just started us out with all three'joy riders'instead of giving us some history.I actually thought the dialouge with the brothers,was witty and entertaining.Without giving you specifics,(the movies too new for spoilerz).My bottom line:Go see it.It's entertaining as all hell.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yea the dialouge between the brothers wasn't half bad, but Paul Walker is just a TERRIBLE actor. He sounded confused half the time.

I really liked this movie. I was pretty surprised, too, because the trailers made it look like a lame teen flick (like Jeepers Creepers or something). But it was very, very well done.

I think movies with plots are more susceptible to being predictable, but this one was so well done that it didn't matter. I tend to prefer a movie like You Can Count on Me or Almost Famous, where there is no real plot to speak of, just characters. (Story and plot aren't the same thing. Not even close). Anyway, the last 15 minutes are brilliantly directed, very exhilarating. There are a couple unexplained and silly sequences in this movie (Leelee Sobieski's sudden change from happy-go-lucky chick to will-of-steel woman vexed me , and the scene where the road signs were painted was kind of lame) but overall it was a solid, entertaining flick.

Concerning Paul Walker's acting, I didn't think they gave him much to work with. He had to play straight man to Steve Zahn, and as a result, he sounds like a square. I didn't think he did a bad job at it, he was alright. Zahn on the other hand, was really good. Usually his stoner dork bit doesn't appeal to me at all, but here I enjoyed it.

Now With Moveable Parts
I've decided I don't really like LeeLee.Something about her bugs me.Her face...she has so much face...I find myself focusing on it.She's not too clever in line deliverence either.I like Zahn though...he played wacko real well;then shifted nicely into just plain scared crapless.I liked this movie a lot!

Now With Moveable Parts
Yaeh...down with LeeLee! Og-what did you think of the movie as far as the genre of thrillers...what would you rate it on a scale of 1-10?

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah! Right on OG.I agree of course.10 out of 10...hope that tempts you all to see it,it really is good,scary stuff.

Now With Moveable Parts
That was some nice behind shots if I do say so myself...long enough too.You get a good,long look!

Hmm seems I'm a little outnumbered here but I found the movie absolutely horrible. I thought the movie was horribly directed and extremely bad acting by all the members. The ending was just plain disappointing and stupid. That LeeLee girl is getting on my nerves. That last movie The Glass House was worse than this.. i give you that. Even seeing nekkid shots of that guy didnt make like the movie. Frankly I wouldnt pay regular matinee prices for this.. Waste of money and time. =(

Yeah i hope i do too... hehehe my 5 posts isnt going to cut it though.. how long does it take to become a mofo?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by OG-
Yea the dialouge between the brothers wasn't half bad, but Paul Walker is just a TERRIBLE actor. He sounded confused half the time.
The Fast and the Furious gave him a big head, he thinks he's superman now. LOL
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by BootyBaybee
Yeah i hope i do too... hehehe my 5 posts isnt going to cut it though.. how long does it take to become a mofo?
As long as you keep posting it doesn't take anytime at all. Hope you stick around though.

Now With Moveable Parts
TWT-give spdrcr a reeming...back to back posts!