Match Point

Tools    

Do you know my poetry?
Woody Allen, who is the king of great quirky comedies, is going in a different direction, this time approaching a thriller, with his new film Match Point. The film premiered at the Cannes Film Festival this year, and even though it was out-of-competition for the Palme d'Or, it was still greatly received.

This marks Woody Allen's first shot film entirely out of the US, this time his story doesn't take place in his usually loved Manhattan atmosphere, now we are in London, England. Scarlett Johansson takes the main female role this time, playing a seductive female who's dating Matthew Goode's character, Tom. Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is also in the ensemble cast, as a former tennis pro in love with Johansson's character, Lola, also accepting the fact that Tom will soon be his future brother-in-law.

Woody's approach to a different genre sounds great, especially considering the man is really a terrific writer, and a terrific director. I'm really looking foward to the film, it has a limited release in late December.

Im really looking forward to see this film, i cant wait!! because of Scarlett and because it really seems to be good