training day

Tools    

who's gonna watch it? i'm really excited 2 c denzel and ethan work 2gether and i've heard mostly good things about it from pps who've seen it! =)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I've been waiting for this to come out now for some time. Supposedly Denzel's best work yet. There's some good movies coming out this Fall to keep us out of the nasty weather.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Ethan Hawk??? Who's he? Just jokin'.The guy's been gone forever! I hope for his sake,it's a good flick.Not too excited about it though.

I read a "Training Day" script review, and it said that it was VERY good...that Washington's character wasn't just some stereotypical smooth/trash-talking cop with "street smarts." Apparently he sort of fits those molds, but not completely. It said he was a great character...I hope the review is right, because I dig Washington. The movie looks good, and Washington/Hawke seem as if they would go well together in a semi-buddy (but not really) flick like this.

I'm not going to see Training Day tomorrow (since happily I've already got my ticket for Serendipity), but I'll probably catch it in this coming week.

Here's a review from Peter Travers of Rolling Stone:
http://www.rollingstone.com/mv_revie...42846&afl=imdb

I thought both "Serendipity" and "Training Day" were scheduled for an October 5th bow? Or is that nationwide, meaning they'll be opening tomorrow in NY/LA, etc?

Yup, you're right. I have my dates all screwy (haven't really been on track since the 11th). NEXT weekend is when Training Day opens. Since I will have already seen Serendipity, I reckon that means it'll be easy to schedule Denzel in.

This should be a good movie

I like Denzel too. He's one of the best actors around these days. I think his work with Spike Lee is just incredible. His performance as Malcolm X is one of the best acting jobs I've ever seen, and as Jake Shuttlesworth in He got Game, he had the most underrated performance of that year, I think it was 1998. That's a great movie, btw...one of Lee's finest. Just spectacular acting, direction, and music.

Anyway, I'll see this movie next weekend, and write about it for the school newspaper.