Brand New V.S. Taking Back Sunday

Tools    

Someone Save Us College Kids
At one time these bands were both really good friends. Jesse Lacey(Lead Singer of Brand NEw) and John Nolan(EX-Co- Singer Of TBS) were best friends untill John Slept with Jesse's Girlfriend thus began the big battle of the music. Your Favorite weapon came out and Taking Back Sunday followed with Tell Alll your Friends. Both Cds are about what went on. After they stopped bickering over that small stuff they got back together and became close friends. But now that John Noland left TBS who is the best out of the two.

I gotta say brand new...

TBS has got talent, but the writing isnt there like it is with brand new...

I wouldnt say either is 'genious' but Brand New has written some amazing non-cliche non-standard pop-rock stuff.

Guernica definately has amazing lyrics...
also, you cant listen to "Okay I believe you but my tommy gun don't" and say that TBS has better vocals... Jesse completely kicks ass in that song and has really good vibrado.

Overall, i gotta say brand new is just more original...

Brand New has the lyrics ,yet Taking Back Sunday has the fuel for a better song. TBS is often compared to as being the raunchy Rolling Stones while BN is the beatles

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I don't know about comparing Brand New to the Beatles, but they're certainly my favorite emo group out there and they punish the hell out of Taking Back Sunday. Your favorite Weapon was good enough, but Deja Entendu is far suprerior. Every song has strong lyrics and the vocals are dead on.

I agree whole heartedly with the vocals in "Okay, I believe you but my Tommy Gun Don't" being amazing. I love that freaking song.

Originally Posted by OG-
I don't know about comparing Brand New to the Beatles, but they're certainly my favorite emo group out there and they punish the hell out of Taking Back Sunday. Your favorite Weapon was good enough, but Deja Entendu is far suprerior. Every song has strong lyrics and the vocals are dead on.

I agree whole heartedly with the vocals in "Okay, I believe you but my Tommy Gun Don't" being amazing. I love that freaking song.

I loved Deja Entendu, but Jesse Laceys singing is so boring and monotone.