Afraid of the Dark?

Tools    

When I was young I remember this movie that had these little creatures that were hurt by bright light. This girl used a camera at one point to fight them off, what movie was this? I know I should remember, but I cannot for the life of me recall the name. I want to rent this as I remember it scared the crap out of me as a kid. Anyone Know?...was it Afraid of the Dark? IMDB didnt seem to hekp.

film making extraordinaire
You must be referring to Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. I believe it was only done on television.

You’ve been hax0red
I thought u were starting an 'Afraid Of The Dark' support group, not that i am afraid of the dark I think i have seen that as well.

film making extraordinaire
cousin, I think we need to start a Snatch appreciation group, if there isn't one already.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Do you mean the movie Snatch or....nevermind

You’ve been hax0red
Originally Posted by MysticalMoose
cousin, I think we need to start a Snatch appreciation group, if there isn't one already.
You can if you want mystical moose i personally cant be screwed.

Movie Forums Member
Ok, this movie is called "Don't be Afraid of the Dark." It was made in 1973 I believe and made for TV. I, however, was not born yet, so I do not know the specifics, but I have seen it and it is quite scary. I believe it is only on VHS, sorry.

I believe that the movie you are searching for is Gremlins. They are injured by bright light, and the lead actress used a camera flash to fight them off at one point.

is this one of them?

Originally Posted by Eyes
I believe that the movie you are searching for is Gremlins. They are injured by bright light, and the lead actress used a camera flash to fight them off at one point.

is this one of them?

Thanks for replying, but def not Gremlins. I think Don't be afraid of the Dark is it. VHS would be okay, but I cant find that either...sniff

history *is* moralizing
yep, twas called Nightmare in Europe and this movie left deep traces in my memory since i saw it some 30 years ago.

Movie Forums Member
Check out Amazon.com, they probably have it on VHS. It's probably going to be pretty hard to find because it was made for tv, but keep looking. You could always write the studio and ask them to create a dvd, but that probably wont happen and it would take years.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by dolarhydecb
Check out Amazon.com
they do have it, tis pretty expensive though. ebay has much better offers, starting by 7$ or so, on dvd.

I rule
It's not available on DVD (Other than Bootlegs) as far as I know, which is odd as so many people remember it from their childhood and are searching for it ...

Don't be afraid of the dark (Review)

REVIEWS

Anonymous Last told me to drop in ...